• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Yay!!!

I got some hate mail. It's been so long.

Video in question.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFQu5mCKUlg

Which, Zoba, if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it and letting me know where my weaknesses are, I'd appreciate it.

didn't forget about this.

• Right at the beginning, you ran for B. Securing B on this map is very important, but you didn't have much support from your team. The enemy knew where you were but you didn't have a vantage point on them, so you were promptly killed. Since you didn't have that team support, it may have have been wiser to bait them to B for a few kills while your team moved into position. Its your teammate's fault though that they ran for C instead of B. You don't want C on Burning Shrine.
  • You did manage to cap B after that which was nice. The enemy got the better of you though by leading you around the platform to your teammates. I personally would have jumped on top of it to gain high ground, but that may not have benefitted you as much with a pulse rifle. Nevertheless, your shotgun from above would be hard to counter.
  • Just after 1 minute, you hang back to watch both points. This was smart because you have a long ranged weapon and good cover, while players capturing either points have neither.
  • Your next death after 2 minutes was tricky. You pulled out your shotgun in an exposed position when you were low health. The enemy anticipated it and pulled further back to get a vantage point on you.
  • Your shotgun smash streak was very lucky. You attempted to control mid while your team could secure heavy. It was a risky maneuver and you pushed too in some cases, but you did manage to get some necessary kills
  • Going into 4 minutes, you mad good use of range, cover and height advantage to defend the A doorway from players attempting to flank B. It's incredibly difficult for anyone to push when a player is suppressing a chokepoint that way.
  • You totally embarrassed that bladedancer at 4:10. Way to stand your ground!
  • You made a timely defense of B afterwards, but the other team was anticipating you and took you out. If you had known how many players were in there, it would have been smarter to shotgun one and run back into cover instead of making yourself vulnerable.
  • Since your team is outperforming the other team, you can get by with holding burning shrine. The other team was capturing A so you knew where you'd find more players to kill. But you didn't need to expose yourself to them while keeping your back turned to C. I probably would have backed up to get an angle on C because most of my teammates were behind me. Challenging A meant I'd be encountering the bulk of the other team on my own, and that's how you got flanked.
  • You jumped into a Golden Gun. If you heard it before it was popped, it would have been better to wait it out. If not, sprinting head long towards the other team would have gotten you killed regardless of what weapon they were using.
  • At the 5:50 mark, I think you overestimated your Felwinters just a little bit. Would have been wiser to wait till they approached you while you had the element of surprise.
  • The game ended before you could make much use of your machine gun, but you posted up in a very good position to watch all 3 zones.

The main thing I would say to work on is to asses the situation a bit more before running headlong into it. It might be a little slow for the shotgun playstyle, but it'll help with some of the deaths you gave yourself. I honestly don't think you should have died at all that game.

Hope this helps.

Guess people are anti-hyped for ToO now lmao. Been a couple pages and no mention of it.

I'm excited to see what the map is at least. IB is fun, but it doesn't require as much strategy as it does brute force most of the time. Also hate how consistently laggy it is every time it comes back around.

Ken

Guess people are anti-hyped for ToO now lmao. Been a couple pages and no mention of it.

I'm excited to see what the map is at least. IB is fun, but it doesn't require as much strategy as it does brute force most of the time. Also hate how consistently laggy it is every time it comes back around.

There was some ToO discussion a page or two back about what map it'd be (Anomaly).

GhaleonEB

I was thinking back on the early dev notes from Bungie from shortly after release, while heading into the treasure room in the Prison of Elders. In particular, this one:

Reward Celebration

Growing more powerful by acquiring new upgrades, gear or progression is central to Destiny's player experience. Our goal is to always celebrate when this occurs, both as a reward in and of itself and to communicate to players what is going on.

During development we sometimes prioritized making a system functional over celebrating its rewards, for example:

• The Vault of Glass contains highly coveted loot but the actual moment of reward happens without fanfare and can be easily missed.
  • The lowest level of the Daily Heroic gives great XP and Reputation rewards, but neither of these progressions appears on the postgame screen.

We will slowly be addressing these and other issues going forward.
With a slight emphasis on 'slowly', I think the Queen's crystal barrows and the ToO Mercury trip are what emerged from this line of thinking. With ToO and PoE, getting the rewards is an event unto itself; it's a pretty neat end to the PoE. I hope it's a trend that continues.

Good night fellow guardians!

I hope Xur brings you everything you want!

Looking forward to ToO this weekend! I will suck and suck and suck but hopefully I'll get something out of it.

PoE is all clear for this week, just waiting on Varicks. I left my Titan dancing in the Reef while I go to bed. Apparently the length of when he summons you is based on how much time you've spent in the Reef since reaching the summon step of the bounty. Likely crazy talk. We will see. Can't wait to work on getting all 3 new exotic weapons (I have 1 cipher on each character, all at the waiting to be summoned phase)

A wild Bungie employee appears, and breaks the posting drought. Very kind post from Luke to our dearly downed Guardian GR-X. All of thoughts are with him headed into his spinal surgery, no matter the prognosis that has to be a scary thing. No doubt he'll come out stronger and healthier than ever.

PoE is all clear for this week, just waiting on Varicks. I left my Titan dancing in the Reef while I go to bed. Apparently the length of when he summons you is based on how much time you've spent in the Reef since reaching the summon step of the bounty. Likely crazy talk. We will see. )

According to reddit, the Variks wait time is only based on real world time, not anything related to in game time. But couldn't hurt I guess.

A wild Bungie employee appears, and breaks the posting drought. Very kind post from Luke to our dearly downed Guardian GR-X. All of thoughts are with him headed into his spinal surgery, no matter the prognosis that has to be a scary thing. No doubt he'll come out stronger and healthier than ever.

According to reddit, the Variks wait time is only based on real world time, not anything related to in game time. But couldn't hurt I guess.

Yeah I read that and other people saying they had it summon earlier when they left their characters in the reef longer. Who knows lol.

However, the double exotic cipher bounty is a glitch. You will only get one weapon in the end.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ga_the_results_of_double_drop_completion_and/

LDR is pretty great in PvP but to be honest I only used that Firefly one because I didn't have anything else at that time. Triple kill was glorious though but they were all low on health and stationary. I think Zoba already mentioned this somewhere, but I would go for Shortgaze as it seems less jumpy and works better in combination with Unflinching. Also, Shortgaze should provide more aim assist. For the middle perk I would probably go for PB, more stability never hurts.

And for your final question: I used a perfect roll Spear in ToO, got some great kills, but have been outsniped by the LDR. Just use it until you get a LGH with a perfect roll and see how it feels for yourself.

This list has probably posted a lot but if you want to see how the snipers rank, with perks and aim assist:
https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/37gpws/sniper_rifle_and_reforging_tier_list_for_pvp

Thanks!!! This is exactly what I wanted.

Was that DGAF's own Poker Face playing as the blueberry in Gamesager's stream? Or an imposter? Sorry I don't know XBoner GTs well. You had an audience of 275 viewers if so, lol.

LDR is pretty great in PvP but to be honest I only used that Firefly one because I didn't have anything else at that time. Triple kill was glorious though but they were all low on health and stationary. I think Zoba already mentioned this somewhere, but I would go for Shortgaze as it seems less jumpy and works better in combination with Unflinching. Also, Shortgaze should provide more aim assist. For the middle perk I would probably go for PB, more stability never hurts.

And for your final question: I used a perfect roll Spear in ToO, got some great kills, but have been outsniped by the LDR. Just use it until you get a LGH with a perfect roll and see how it feels for yourself.

This list has probably posted a lot but if you want to see how the snipers rank, with perks and aim assist:
https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/37gpws/sniper_rifle_and_reforging_tier_list_for_pvp

yup there it is

best possible sniper roll you can get in this game IMO:

Low-Grade Humility with
Shortgaze
Hidden Hand
Injection Mold
Unflinching

And Void damage for Thorn bounty and the fact that there's no other good Void sniper in the game.

LGH isn't the best sniper, but it's the best rerollable one.

yup there it is

best possible sniper you can get in this game:

Low-Grade Humility
Shortgaze
Hidden Hand
Injection Mold
Unflinching

And Void damage for Thorn bounty and the fact that there's no other good Void sniper in the game.

Damn it, I was so close with my reroll, just missing Injection Mold :'( It is even in void...Oh well I'm not going to put more motes in it.

Ken

yup there it is

Low-Grade Humility with
Shortgaze
Hidden Hand
Injection Mold
Unflinching

11411829_10152732823506841_153246664874546617_o.jpg

sogood.gif

ocean

Banned
I got Spray and Play, Hand Laid Stock and Unflinching with Shortgaze on my LGH. No more notes, the madness must stop.

Omni

So got another two elder ciphers at the same time.

Will I get two weapons? Also, do I need to farm two keys for the first bit?

Jinjo

yup there it is

Low-Grade Humility with
Shortgaze
Hidden Hand
Injection Mold
Unflinching

Why go for LGH over for instance the (new) The Chosen sniper from FWC? I got that exact roll for my The Chosen and it looks like that has a faster fire-rate too, which is what you want for PvP, no? Or does the LGH have some sort of insane aim assistance built in?

Edit: I'm lying, mine doesn't have shortgaze, but Hawkeye, Longview & Tacsys. What would be the best sight out of those 3?

Top Bottom