• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

I'm trying to get more into sniping, and since I don't have Low Grade Humility or a Spear, I've been trying to find my best choice, given the guns I have.

Then I saw Zoba using an LDR. So, I checked out my LDR, and I was pretty amazed. I got it from a blue engram a while ago, and I've pretty much used it for Boomer duty and nothing else. Didn't even look at the perks when I was upgrading it.

It has:

• Sightsys/Shortgaze/Ambush
• Unflinching
• High Caliber/Send It/Perfect Balance
• Firefly

I know Final Round would have been ideal, but I remember seeing Robinson using an LDR with Firefly last IB and getting double and triple kills with it.

My questions:

• Shortgaze or Ambush? I've heard good things about both
• Send It or Perfect Balance? I know Send It increases the size of an enemy's hitbox, but if I'm not going to be popping off headshots right away, might PB be better?
• Finally, how good is this sniper for PVP? Should I stick with it, or hold out for a perfectly-rolled Spear or LGH?

phen0m24

Night noomi!

Someone has to take charge around here.

She did.

Colonel don't die.

Colonel don't die.

The bubble. Not there.

:)

That was really nuts. I had never done Skolas in a way not involving: "SHOOT GJALLARHORN UNTIL GAME OVER."

bows to Fig and Noomi

2nd ship. Titan mark. 2 ciphers. Judgment's chance:
darn fusion rifle

oops forgot i had to wipe after people joined lol i'm not even by the PS4.

i'm just gonna move a rocket launcher over and blow myself up every so often

LiK

Gonna leave hard Gorgon checkpoint open for another 10 minutes. I'll share it again tomorrow if anyone misses it.

PSN TwilightGap

you need to fight Atheon HM tomorrow? it's been a while but i wanna see if i get any exotics.

I know Final Round would have been ideal, but I remember seeing Robinson using an LDR with Firefly last IB and getting double and triple kills with it.

My questions:

• Shortgaze or Ambush? I've heard good things about both
• Send It or Perfect Balance? I know Send It increases the size of an enemy's hitbox, but if I'm not going to be popping off headshots right away, might PB be better?
• Finally, how good is this sniper for PVP? Should I stick with it, or hold out for a perfectly-rolled Spear or LGH?

LDR is pretty great in PvP but to be honest I only used that Firefly one because I didn't have anything else at that time. Triple kill was glorious though but they were all low on health and stationary. I think Zoba already mentioned this somewhere, but I would go for Shortgaze as it seems less jumpy and works better in combination with Unflinching. Also, Shortgaze should provide more aim assist. For the middle perk I would probably go for PB, more stability never hurts.

And for your final question: I used a perfect roll Spear in ToO, got some great kills, but have been outsniped by the LDR. Just use it until you get a LGH with a perfect roll and see how it feels for yourself.

This list has probably posted a lot but if you want to see how the snipers rank, with perks and aim assist:
https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/37gpws/sniper_rifle_and_reforging_tier_list_for_pvp

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
holy hell, my warlock's poor back.
CGtl58xU8AA4xGz.jpg
thanks for the passage coin.

Top Bottom