• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

I've always been on the receiving end of Felwinter's Lie and have an appreciation for its range, but I am watching Unstable use it now and Holy Shit, that gun is outrageous. The damage at range is obscene. My K/D ratio would get a huge bump from that.

I need it.

Jinjo

I've always been on the receiving end of Felwinter's Lie and have an appreciation for its range, but I am watching Unstable use it now and Holy Shit, that gun is outrageous. The damage at range is obscene. My K/D ratio would get a huge bump from that.

I need it.

Isn't he using a Matador 64 at the moment? Still, the range on certain shotguns is beastly. I need a good PvP one too, but Bungie nerfed the possible perk combo's on Felwinter's right?

Omni

Posting again.

So does having two elder ciphers at once mean you have to do everything twice? Will I get two weapons at the end of it?

2real4tv

Wait so Skolas drops primary with elemental perks? Do you have to open the chest for it or does it drop when you kill him?

Also this week 34 and 35 were pushovers lvl 32 was a pita.

Marvel

could never
Shores of Time

We are in three guys only and the other team was really good... and the three randoms on our team sucked a lot.

Ah damn. Need to get some moar gaffers to help you out. I'm a little busy atm otherwise I would gladly hop in.

Posting again.

So does having two elder ciphers at once mean you have to do everything twice? Will I get two weapons at the end of it?

Probably, nobody knows yet because they're still waiting for variks to summon them.

Wait so Skolas drops primary with elemental perks? Do you have to open the chest for it or does it drop when you kill him?

Chance of dropping from killing Skolas. They're not guaranteed.

Isn't he using a Matador 64 at the moment? Still, the range on certain shotguns is beastly. I need a good PvP one too, but Bungie nerfed the possible perk combo's on Felwinter's right?

Ah maybe, he's been moving around.

Regardless, I need a high range + shot package shotgun. It's a game changer.

Well, they both have pro's/cons's. Some people like the matador for the extra impact... I say they are pretty much on par.

I got my party crasher with aggressive ballistics, shot pkg, rifled barrel and kneepads.

God roll, it's awesome.

That roll sounds awesome!

I got field choke, final round and smallbore on my party crasher.

Jinjo

It's my birthday today

jLdkPIm.gif

I would like a Herkmune.

Down for another IB GAF Train a bit later on today. Thomas the tank engine theme must be included.

Happy birthday! May RNGesus bless you with all the Hardlights in Destiny,
so we won't get that pesky gun on a roll anymore.

Ken

I was thinking back on the early dev notes from Bungie from shortly after release, while heading into the treasure room in the Prison of Elders. In particular, this one:

With a slight emphasis on 'slowly', I think the Queen's crystal barrows and the ToO Mercury trip are what emerged from this line of thinking. With ToO and PoE, getting the rewards is an event unto itself; it's a pretty neat end to the PoE. I hope it's a trend that continues.

This reminds me of watching Datto's first Atheon clear and his raid members being super disappointed at just getting a shader or shards/energy, followed by the reassurance they'd have the real loot in the postmaster. Lol.

ocean

Banned
This reminds me of watching Datto's first Atheon clear and his raid members being super disappointed at just getting a shader or shards/energy, followed by the reassurance they'd have the real loot in the postmaster. Lol.
Ah, the age of innocence.

Seriously though, I wonder how they looked at that loot table and thought it was OK. I think some reddit survey showed Praedyth's Timepiece and the Praetorian Foil at something like a 2% drop rate. I mean...damn.

bitsurugi

is Exclusion Zone still the best glimmer farm?

Honestly i didn't have the need to farm glimmer at all since HoW launched:

- lower prices
- mates exchanges for glimmer
- 5k ametists from PoE chests dropping for me like crazy
- treasure key farming in patrols

Never had so much glimmer.

... weapon parts tho... man i NEED those!! :/

PS: but yeah, not sure if its still the best, but is good as always. Think VoG gatekeeper is better, but can't go wrong with any of those.

Shores of Time

We are in three guys only and the other team was really good... and the three randoms on our team sucked a lot.

Yah they obviously had a full 6 fire team and we had 3 with 3 other randoms. It was cool though we got 3 more guys from gaf next match and kept rolling. I think we went 11-1 or something. Good run guys! Hate to leave on a a good streak but need to sleep.

I also have to say love the TLW. I enjoy using thorn but TLW just fits more my playing style. TLW + Felwinters combo = <3

Happy bday Marvel!

Man I'm in such a predicament. I've maxed my Obsidian Mind and light beyond nemesis. I've also maxed my HoPF and Starfire Protocol.

Now when I'm playing as Void in PvP/PvE it's a given that I run Obsidian.

As for Sunsinger? That's where it gets confusing.

If playing ToO or skirmish then I think Light Beyond Nemesis wins out. Any other PvP mode I'll run void.

As for PvE though, well. Light beyond nemesis is good for support play, but HoPF is sweet when using Radiance and it gives extra heavy ammo as an additional perk.

The problem is that as a Sunsinger running PvE content, you're kinda pigeon holed I to choosing Fireborn for the self res, which means that if you're doing your job right, you shouldn't need to use it, as you shouldn't die, which is therefore is a waste of potential Damage output as I can't use my super unless I die...which you don't want to do anyway...

That means the only real benefit of running HoPF is for the heavy ammo.

Unless, I didn't run Fireborn, but then if I die it's potentially a wipe that could've otherwise been saved :I

Happy bday Marvel!

Man I'm in such a predicament. I've maxed my Obsidian Mind and light beyond nemesis. I've also maxed my HoPF and Starfire Protocol.

If playing ToO or skirmish then I think Light Beyond Nemesis wins out. Any other PvP mode I'll run void.

As for PvE though, well. Light beyond nemesis is good for support play, but HoPF is sweet when using Radiance and it gives extra heavy ammo as an additional perk.

The problem is that as a Sunsinger running PvE content, you're kinda pigeon holed I to choosing Fireborn for the self res, which means that if you're doing your job right, you shouldn't need to use it, as you shouldn't die, which is therefore is a waste.

Unless, I didn't run Fireborn, but then if I die it's potentially a wipe that could've otherwise been saved :I

Outside of Nightfall or Hard Raids, don't play the conservative Sunsinger, even then, mix it up from time to time. I like void walker with Bad Juju and Obsidian Mind for most all cadual play.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Happy birthday Marvel - pls imagine I've posted a picture of an elk :)

-

Genuinely excited to get some Etheric light. I've already decided what I need to upgrade. The only annoying thing is that IB can only give 2 and I need 3. Hopefully once I rank 3 I'll be able to reach level 34 and try the Prison with my warlock.

Outside of Nightfall or Hard Raids, don't play the conservative Sunsinger, even then, mix it up from time to time. I like void walker with Bad Juju and Obsidian Mind for most all cadual play.

Yeah that's exactly my set up for void too. I'll generally run void when doing strikes and it's just Nova Bomb after Nova Bomb the whole time.

I even maxed Bad Juju just for that reason.

I'd like to run as a Sunsinger for the team-mate cool down perk or the extra damage resistance under radiance. But yeah, like you say, I wouldn't be able to play as an aggressive Sunsinger for HM raids/night falls.

Jinjo

Happy bday Marvel!

The problem is that as a Sunsinger running PvE content, you're kinda pigeon holed I to choosing Fireborn for the self res, which means that if you're doing your job right, you shouldn't need to use it, as you shouldn't die, which is therefore is a waste of potential Damage output as I can't use my super unless I die...which you don't want to do anyway...

Just don't run Fireborn, the other perks of a Sunsinger Warlock have way more utility. Fireborn Warlocks tend to never use their supers, when for instance a super for some orb generation or add clearing would be very welcome in certain situations and even prevent death. A team/Warlock should never solely rely on Fireborn, since when you're playing as another class you wouldn't too.

Personally I always run a Voidlock, even in high-level PvE content.

Ken

Just keep fireborn on and pop radiance for DPS/orbs anyways. You shouldn't be putting yourself in danger while spamming grenades even if you had radiant skin on in PVE.

I guess it's like saying is radiant skin a waste if you take no lethal damage while in radiance.

only place you need self res in PvE

nightfall
vault of glass as relic holder

no reason to feel pigeon holed if you're doing anything else. self res isnt useful in prison of elders. you need orbs for titan bubbles and gunslingers, and if you are using fireborn to save a wipe, chances are your teammates are dead and they wont get the orbs you make. you're better off using it like any other super.

Siaynoqq

nightfall

no reason to feel pigeon holed if you're doing anything else. self res isnt useful in prison of elders. you need orbs for titan bubbles and gunslingers, and if you are using fireborn to save a wipe, chances are your teammates are dead and they wont get the orbs you make. you're better off using it like any other super.

I love this. Have said the same to many but no one listens to me.

bitsurugi

nightfall

I wish more of my friends who play warlock would think like you.

I am so mad when no one listens to the above. Especially in PoE, as a titan, i am in dire need for orbs. Orbs for bouble is waaay better then a random self rez, which is meh, since you can revive.

On hard raids i would understand it, since there is no rez, but in PoE... absolutely no need.

Top Bottom