• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Out 1

Got Low Grade Humility from the daily crucible match (loss) and got Shortgaze + Triple Tap + Injection Mold + Unflinching on the third roll. Also it's in void which is great. I guess I should keep it this way? How usable is Hidden Hand?

Trace

Banned
Got Low Grade Humility from the daily crucible match (loss) and got Shortgaze + Triple Tap + Injection Mold + Unflinching on the third roll. Also it's in void which is great. I guess I should keep it this way? How usable is Hidden Hand?

If you're using Low Grade Humility I'm assuming you want to use it for PvP. Assuming you are, depending on how many motes you have I would recommending rerolling until you hit Shortgaze/Longview SLR10, with Hidden Hand and Unflinching. Middle perk has a couple good options, quickdraw/injection mold, few others. Triple tap is largely worthless for PvP though.

Ken

So what is everybody's one thing they hope Xur sells in 2 hours.

I'm hoping for Lucky Raspberry so I can stop wearing Symbiote on Bladedancer.

I'll probably be greeted by tears though.

Why go for LGH over for instance the (new) The Chosen sniper from FWC? I got that exact roll for my The Chosen and it looks like that has a faster fire-rate too, which is what you want for PvP, no? Or does the LGH have some sort of insane aim assistance built in?

Edit: I'm lying, mine doesn't have shortgaze, but Hawkeye, Longview & Tacsys. What would be the best sight out of those 3?

LGH does indeed have more aim assist

Chosen is okay. If i wanted a sniper like Chosen id probably just hope for another Hieracon with unflinching. Im kinda moving away from yhe fast RoF ones though. Ill always love the Hieracon but the LDR's aim assist on top of being able to kill sunsingers and bladedancers is hard to give up. LGH is the closest rerollable sniper you can get to an LDR.

Trace

Banned
So what is everybody's one thing they hope Xur sells in 2 hours.

I'm hoping for Lucky Raspberry so I can stop wearing Symbiote on Bladedancer.

I'll probably be greeted by tears though.

Hawkmoon.

Ha :(

But personally I'd be happy with Celestial Nighthawk/The Ram/Bones of Eao

Out 1

If you're using Low Grade Humility I'm assuming you want to use it for PvP. Assuming you are, depending on how many motes you have I would recommending rerolling until you hit Shortgaze/Longview SLR10, with Hidden Hand and Unflinching. Middle perk has a couple good options, quickdraw/injection mold, few others. Triple tap is largely worthless for PvP though.

thanks for the input. weapon parts are scarce at the moment (around 150 between two characters), otherwise I would have kept going for the perfect roll. right now I'll settle for what I've got. if only destiny let us buy weapon/class materials...

Jinjo

Chosen is okay. If i wanted a sniper like Chosen id probably just hope for another Hieracon with unflinching. Im kinda moving away from yhe fast RoF ones though. Ill always love the Hieracon but the LDR's aim assist on top of being able to kill sunsingers and bladedancers is hard to give up. LGH is the closest rerollable sniper you can get to an LDR.

Ah like that. Yeah, that makes sense. I missed out on buying an LDR too/always got crappy LDR rolls for some reason. This game really needs a way to get all the old equipment again. Give the vendors some actually changing inventory's I'd say. I'll give The Chosen a shot though after I fully level it, got an unflinching, final round Spear too if I'd like to switch it up to the more high impact ones.

i really wish this game had weapon shaders or some form of transmog. all my favorite looking gear are the white weapons. none lf the high level stuff is white :(

geordiemp

Think I levelled all the fast 2 bodyshot snipers with hidden hand and unflinching and SGH10.

They are OK, but I still prefer Elfrit spear with SGH10 even in normal crucible the enemy player only needs a nick and he will insta die head or body. Sniping should be behind team mates.

And in Trials Final round will always win the first 2 or 3 rounds if they want a snipe contest lol.

So not too sure what to do with all the Low grade humilities and fastre snipes I have rerolled. I know that guy on Reddit swears by them, but they do not compete with final round at all. Ethericed all my Elfrit collection (4 off, 1 PVP, 3 PVE)

In PVE, Field scout on a 6 round Spear with surplus and firefly is godly, and LDR still feels better than most snipers....

Ken

i really wish this game had weapon shaders or some form of transmog. all my favorite looking gear are the white weapons. none lf the high level stuff is white :(

I was thinking about Destiny transmog the other day, but then realized they (or someone else) made a big deal about how ascension will let you wear your favorite armor pieces which sounds like a way to get out of having to implement transmog.

Marvel

could never
It's my birthday today

jLdkPIm.gif

I would like a Herkmune.

Down for another IB GAF Train a bit later on today. Thomas the tank engine theme must be included.

bitsurugi

Awesome, give me like 5 min to get my shit together and I'll be there, afk for a few.

Bitsurugi you still here? I know you wanted to get this done today as well...

Sorry Noomi, logged off an hour or so before your post, had date night with my gal yesterday, so... yeah :D

Will be online today tho, if you still need anything :)

I feel you, man.

Part of the reason I sharded Low Grade Humility was because I thought it was butt ugly. That blue camo! No!

Same with the Spear. I don't want logos all over my guns.

I pick my gear based on aesthetics as much as anything, even if I know I've sharded valuable gear because I just couldn't live with the way it looked. Fashion Destiny FTW.

That's why I want to find a way to make Eye of Sol my main sniper. It looks so fucking cool!!!

It's my birthday today

jLdkPIm.gif

Many happy returns!

I feel you, man.

Part of the reason I sharded Low Grade Humility was because I thought it was butt ugly. That blue camo! No!

Same with the Spear. I don't want logos all over my guns.

I pick my gear based on aesthetics as much as anything, even if I know I've sharded valuable gear because I just couldn't live with the way it looked.

Yup i'm big on aesthetics too. It's one reason I really dug the Hieracon. It's a plain sky blue with a simple, curvy model. The LGH is similar in a lot of ways, but the dark blue shapes make it look very tacky.

L0bsI70.jpg

WfgTWGt.jpg

White gear for life though. Destiny associates white with "low level" so all of this stuff looks very "nooby". But the white stuff to me are very futuristic and sci-fi and I was hoping we'd see more of them in the final game. I mean, the Gunsmith has a whole rack of them!

92484488-vollbild.jpg

I'd love to have Legendary stuff that looked like this:

kPkp7eg.jpg

951csvU.jpg

RrPkuUD.jpg

AIX9mgX.jpg

Z23GUgH.jpg

vCzDCwB.jpg

yKrx91f.jpg

ksWJZaT.jpg

The sniper and rocket launcher in particular.

Bungie pls.

Top Bottom