• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Just don't run Fireborn, the other perks of a Sunsinger Warlock have way more utility. Fireborn Warlocks tend to never use their supers, when for instance a super for some orb generation or add clearing would be very welcome in certain situations and even prevent death. A team/Warlock should never solely rely on Fireborn, since when you're playing as another class you wouldn't too.

Personally I always run a Voidlock, even in high-level PvE content.

Just keep fireborn on and pop radiance for DPS/orbs anyways. You shouldn't be putting yourself in danger while spamming grenades even if you had radiant skin on in PVE.

I guess it's like saying is radiant skin a waste if you take no lethal damage while in radiance.

only place you need self res in PvE

nightfall
vault of glass as relic holder

no reason to feel pigeon holed if you're doing anything else. self res isnt useful in prison of elders. you need orbs for titan bubbles and gunslingers, and if you are using fireborn to save a wipe, chances are your teammates are dead and they wont get the orbs you make. you're better off using it like any other super.

I agree with you guys, it's trying to get others to think the same way that's the problem :p

I mean I can see that for example High PvE content that Light Beyond Nemisis coupled with the perk that decreases team mates cool downs on top of being able to spawn double the amount of orbs as way more beneficial than self res.

An argument could be made that HoPF,
in said situation, could potentially make as much orbs however you'd need to take down double the amount of enemies.

Against Skolas, especially with void burn, the OM, Bad Juju and void energy drain set up could be absolutely devastating on the adds and Skolas.

Ken

11145229_10152733258426841_8069050371202751_o.jpg

Sweet my 3rd and 4th Lupi in the last 2 weeks

1 out of 3 isn't bad at least...

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Omg Obsidian Mind!!!!! My life is complete 😀

Saint 14 too 😄

And then the rest on exotic shards.

Jinjo

Xur's stock:

Helm of saint 14
Obsidian mind
Young ahamkara's spine
Mida multi tool

Chest engram

Lol, what a troll. When TDB hit we got nothing but No Land Beyond's & Dragon's Breath, now only one new HoW exotic in three weeks. Great week otherwise though, Saint-14 & Obisidian Mind are the best helmets for their respective classes. Would've liked to see Red Death instead of MIDA, but still a solid gun.

Holy shit lol. Epic save & kill.

Shito

finding xur got old after the first month if you ask me. thought they patched in a waypoint for him now
Only if you have a quest that involves him.
Since I've never bothered buying him that thing for the urn quest on my 2 alts, I get a waypoint for him on them. Should probably delete that quest and free up a bounty slot, though... ^^

Ken

Oh wow, 181 Voidfang. Do we know the chest stat cap yet?

Got pretty lucky with engrams this week. Out of 5 I got

2x Titan alpha Lupi (ugh)
1x purifier
1x Voidfang with a 181 strength
1x lucky raspberry

2 of which I was looking for so I'm happy!

Happy bday Marvel!

Man I'm in such a predicament. I've maxed my Obsidian Mind and light beyond nemesis. I've also maxed my HoPF and Starfire Protocol.

Now when I'm playing as Void in PvP/PvE it's a given that I run Obsidian.

As for Sunsinger? That's where it gets confusing.

If playing ToO or skirmish then I think Light Beyond Nemesis wins out. Any other PvP mode I'll run void.

As for PvE though, well. Light beyond nemesis is good for support play, but HoPF is sweet when using Radiance and it gives extra heavy ammo as an additional perk.

The problem is that as a Sunsinger running PvE content, you're kinda pigeon holed I to choosing Fireborn for the self res, which means that if you're doing your job right, you shouldn't need to use it, as you shouldn't die, which is therefore is a waste of potential Damage output as I can't use my super unless I die...which you don't want to do anyway...

That means the only real benefit of running HoPF is for the heavy ammo.

Unless, I didn't run Fireborn, but then if I die it's potentially a wipe that could've otherwise been saved :I

I know the feeling. I used HoPF almost exclusively up until a couple of months ago, so I was always Fireborn Sunsinger. It's such a limiting build, the best thing about it is fusion grenades. But having to save the super in case of wipes kinda ruins one's playstyle.

A couple of months ago when I returned to Destiny I bought Obsidian Mind from Xur just to try it out, and I haven't looked back since. It's so good to be able to use the super at will and getting more energy from it. I've been mostly playing Voidwalker ever since.

Even when I do have to switch to Sunsinger for NF or HM raids I just keep Obsidian Mind on. Sure, doesn't give me as many grenades as HoPF, but works just as well otherwise.

Outside of Nightfall or Hard Raids, don't play the conservative Sunsinger, even then, mix it up from time to time. I like void walker with Bad Juju and Obsidian Mind for most all cadual play.

I've finished the Bad Juju bounty this week in IB, and I'm now using IB to level it up like I did the MIDA last IB. Even without the upgrades I love using it, it's really efective for me. I don't like pulse rifles, but just like Oversoul Edict there are exceptions to the rule. I'm really itching to see String of Curses in action with Obsidian Mind.

By the way, a question to Bad Juju users. Which perk do you find more useful, Armor Piercing Rounds or Send It? Perfect Balance seems pretty useless since the weapon is already very stable.

SkylineRKR

Kinda surprised Bungie isn't pushing HoW Exotics through Xur like in TDB. Definitely breaking precedence.

But aren't they rewards like Vex or exotic bounties? Xur won't sell that.

For gear, yes. He could've put Celestial Nighthawk or something on sale by now (or those boots, I don't have them yet). Last week was Manacles though.

sunsinger owned trials of osiris. SP will let me use two nades with burn damage. basically insta kills the entire team if they both hit.

Hmmm sounds good if both fusion grenades hit tied with Viking radiance and touch of flame.

Would be even better if it was double grenades in general, double fire bolt grenades when enemies are hiding would be OP though :p

But aren't they rewards like Vex or exotic bounties? Xur won't sell that.

For gear, yes. He could've put Celestial Nighthawk or something on sale by now (or those boots, I don't have them yet). Last week was Manacles though.

Yeah, the gear.

The 2nd week of TDB had 3 pieces of gear (1 for each class) and No Land Beyond I believe.

I know the feeling. I used HoPF almost exclusively up until a couple of months ago, so I was always Fireborn Sunsinger. It's such a limiting build, the best thing about it is fusion grenades. But having to save the super in case of wipes kinda ruins one's playstyle.

A couple of months ago when I returned to Destiny I bought Obsidian Mind from Xur just to try it out, and I haven't looked back since. It's so good to be able to use the super at will and getting more energy from it. I've been mostly playing Voidwalker ever since.

Even when I do have to switch to Sunsinger for NF or HM raids I just keep Obsidian Mind on. Sure, doesn't give me as many grenades as HoPF, but works just as well otherwise.

I've finished the Bad Juju bounty this week in IB, and I'm now using IB to level it up like I did the MIDA last IB. Even without the upgrades I love using it, it's really efective for me. I don't like pulse rifles, but just like Oversoul Edict there are exceptions to the rule. I'm really itching to see String of Curses in action with Obsidian Mind.

By the way, a question to Bad Juju users. Which perk do you find more useful, Armor Piercing Rounds or Send It? Perfect Balance seems pretty useless since the weapon is already very stable.

I personally use send it with Bad Juju. It gives it awesome range, although I've yet to properly try out using the APR's...

There's a few different ways to set it up depending on what ballistics you use too.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yep, Obsidian Mind. You'll never need another helmet for your Warlock. Do you have Bad Juju as well?

I do! And Voidwalker is my favourite. I'm a happy camper :)

It's just annoying because IB is the most fun at the moment, but I actually don't have too many strange coins - so I'm gonna have to do the omnigul strike with my Titan. Grumble grumble complain.

Top Bottom