• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

PuMa

Finally got those Khepri's Sting Hunter gauntlets from my 3rd NF of the week yesterday. Man, these are awesome.

down 2 orth

Would a 365 Praedyth's Revenge be good enough to take on Skolas? I know this question's probably already been asked, but it would be a pain in the butt to dig it up.

Quick, sound the nerf signal!
Lol. Nah, I'm definitely the last person to call for something to be nerfed.
Is it that good in PvP? I was doubting between the Bow & Wolves. Was planning on going for Wolves cause it looks absolutely amazing.
Well I don't know if I just happened to go against two expert snipers two games in a row, but they were just ripping me to shreds. I'm normally pretty solid at battling and harassing snipers, but it just seemed like they were shooting me anywhere and I was dying. I'm just having a hard time believing they were landing the kind of headshots they would've had to get in order to kill me in one hit.

As a note, the icon shows as a fusion rifle when they kill you. Not sure if it was common knowledge or not.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Would a 365 Praedyth's Revenge be good enough to take on Skolas? I know this question's probably already been asked, but it would be a pain in the butt to dig it up.
People will say no because the Impact is low, but if you don't have an alternative like the Efrideets Spear then I guess you just have to work with what you have.

You & Tears playing ToO this weekend?

Most likely yes, I think we are going to try and get one character to Mercury tonight.
Probably not going to work with a list, but we'll try (or at least me) to play with you in the weekend.

That's good. Save your strength for Trials :p

Haha will do, I'm not a typical student I need a little bit more sleep. I'm actually tired from getting up at 5.45am everyday.

noomi

It's not preferred because you will only be doing like 5K dmg with weapons of light, it won;t stagger him... but is it doable.... Yeah... it is, just harder is all.

Spears, LDR, Queens snipers are all much better options for this fight.

Most likely yes, I think we are going to try and get one character to Mercury tonight.
Probably not going to work with a list, but we'll try (or at least me) to play with you..

:D

Definitely not ideal but also compltely doable, especially if the other two team members have higher impact snipers. Plenty of teams have already done it with P's R, or with Patience and Time last week which is basically the same impact and RoF class.

With void burn, you can survive much longer and actually run around the map while passing around the taint and defusing mines. Don't need to burn him down as quickly as last two weeks, although that's still very possible.

Quick, sound the nerf signal!
nerf-nuke-12043.jpg

i need to finish the bounty this weekend

Probably not going to work with a list, but we'll try (or at least me) to play with you.

Haha will do, I'm not a typical student I need a little bit more sleep. I'm actually tired from getting up at 5.45am everyday.
if you could find some time to spare, i'd love to see the lighthouse
but watch my gameplay in the post i made earlier (6951) before you decide.... lol

Ooh, me me!

if you could find some time to spare, i'd love to see the lighthouse
but watch my gameplay in the post i made earlier (6951) before you decide.... lol

Sorry, I probably should have defined that better: I meant one of my 3 characters with my clanmates. But I'll probably be around in the weekend to jump into some games with Gaffers. Only have 2 hours tonight to play, don't like to leave with a half finished passage ticket when helping people.

I'll watch your vid as soon as I'm done with my report, but I'm not the man you want feedback from.
I'm actually more a PvE player.

down 2 orth

Definitely not ideal but also compltely doable, especially if the other two team members have higher impact snipers. Plenty of teams have already done it with P's R, or with Patience and Time last week which is basically the same impact and RoF class.

With void burn, you can survive much longer and actually run around the map while passing around the taint and defusing mines. Don't need to burn him down as quickly as last two weeks, although that's still very possible.

It's not preferred because you will only be doing like 5K dmg with weapons of light, it won;t stagger him... but is it doable.... Yeah... it is, just harder is all.

Spears, LDR, Queens snipers are all much better options for this fight.

That answers my follow up question too. Appreciated!

PuMa

What does everyone think the map will be for ToO today? What do you NOT want it to be?

I think Blind Watch could be fun.

But it will probably be Anomaly or Cauldron because I hate those maps.

Jinjo

Beggin' for that carry, I see you.

It's not a carry when you hold your own and contribute to the fight. ;)
I'll ignore the begging part, since it doesn't even fit the description in the slightest

Probably not going to work with a list, but we'll try (or at least me) to play with you in the weekend.

Yeah, I know you weren't gonna work with a list (understandably), just looking to play with you guys again, had great fun last weekend. Won't be on Destiny either 'till I'm guessing sunday (maybe saturday evening earliest) so there's no rush or obligation.

E92 M3

I was thinking back on the early dev notes from Bungie from shortly after release, while heading into the treasure room in the Prison of Elders. In particular, this one:

With a slight emphasis on 'slowly', I think the Queen's crystal barrows and the ToO Mercury trip are what emerged from this line of thinking. With ToO and PoE, getting the rewards is an event unto itself; it's a pretty neat end to the PoE. I hope it's a trend that continues.

Having big celebrations for rewards (just like ToO and PoE) is great. I agree that it would be great if Bungie keeps going in that direction. I can't imagine anything cooler than the Mercury chest, though.

i've lost all sympathy for you, sorry

Yup. I've adjusted. Made the switch to Jumper at the same time. It's been an era of upheaval for my Dual Shock 4.

Woo! Was great. I'm pissed at AT&T but even with the issues, we first-tried a no-miss Oracles as well as Gatekeepers, that's no joke.

Well, I've been using jumper since the beginning (ToO good), but it's just so hard to adjust to anything past 4. Maybe I need to mod my sticks to have a lot more resistance.

PuMa

I'm thinking Anomaly as well.

I'm going to play a few rounds tonight to get more familiar with the map and tactics. Then tomorrow will probably spend my coins to try and get to Mercury.

I think the problem might just be that that map is a complete mess with 6v6 on Control. It might be manageable 3v3, but I know it'll just be people camping corners with Felwinter's in ToO.

P44

I got fucking armamentarium with a semi-decent roll (170 odd dsicipline) but now I need a legendary helmet for trials when:

-> I've ran VOG and CE
-> Not enough marks + capped on marks
-> Fallen helmet has a bad stat roll

What do you reckon guys? Where can I grab a helmet?

I know the feeling. I used HoPF almost exclusively up until a couple of months ago, so I was always Fireborn Sunsinger. It's such a limiting build, the best thing about it is fusion grenades. But having to save the super in case of wipes kinda ruins one's playstyle.

A couple of months ago when I returned to Destiny I bought Obsidian Mind from Xur just to try it out, and I haven't looked back since. It's so good to be able to use the super at will and getting more energy from it. I've been mostly playing Voidwalker ever since.

Even when I do have to switch to Sunsinger for NF or HM raids I just keep Obsidian Mind on. Sure, doesn't give me as many grenades as HoPF, but works just as well otherwise.

I've finished the Bad Juju bounty this week in IB, and I'm now using IB to level it up like I did the MIDA last IB. Even without the upgrades I love using it, it's really efective for me. I don't like pulse rifles, but just like Oversoul Edict there are exceptions to the rule. I'm really itching to see String of Curses in action with Obsidian Mind.

By the way, a question to Bad Juju users. Which perk do you find more useful, Armor Piercing Rounds or Send It? Perfect Balance seems pretty useless since the weapon is already very stable.

Sleepy!!! My PSN is messed up dude, I saw your message late last night for nightfall, dont think I was ignoring you :-(

I think I have some funky NAT issues.

LiK

So I was thinking about this over this week:

Not really sure why some groups I've been playing with have had issues with Pantheon in IB. The most important part is to push for B and hold it. I noticed some people backing up waiting for kills and that does not help at all. Stick around B and wait around there and it's an easy win. I mean, worrying about K/D over keeping control of B will only result in a loss.

willow ve

What does everyone think the map will be for ToO today? What do you NOT want it to be?

I think Blind Watch could be fun.

But it will probably be Anomaly or Cauldron because I hate those maps.

I'd bet on Anomaly.

Anomaly would be great.

For some reason it's my best map in Control / Iron Banner (I snipe). Don't think I've gone less than 2.00 K/D on Anomaly in this Iron Banner and had some great games of over 5 K/D and then one game where I must have had host and been lagging because I had 28 kills with a 9.33 K/D.

The key to the map (for kills at least) is to take zone A. People always seem to want to capture C (usually because C spawn is easier to take zone B) but zone A gives you the best routes for killing other players (which ultimately is more important than trading zone control).

I think the problem might just be that that map is a complete mess with 6v6 on Control. It might be manageable 3v3, but I know it'll just be people camping corners with Felwinter's in ToO.

At least I got myself a felwinters yesterday.

Time to learn how one goes "full scumbag".

Top Bottom