• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

patchday

Tracking sucks in PvP unless it's Truth with aggressive tracking. tripod plus G&H with fast velocity and large blast radius is ideal for PvP.

I always thought tracking very useful in pvp. Players like myself will dodge rockets that don't track. since rockets that dont track are aimed at the ground. Makes them easy to evade when there is a nice wide open map (like Burning Shrine)

For example, Hunter/Warlock can get away via blink. This relies on the map layout not being enclosed tho

Well Destiny GAF, I'm reporting to you the crazy thing that has happened to me and why I've been silent

Most of you here know I fractured my left leg and was down for the count for 9 weeks
From Mid-February till End of April

Got discharged and had a stay at my house for a week, before I fell out of my bed and hurt my back
Was in a new hospital for roughly a month then transferred to another hospital just last week

Finally got a MRI which shows I have Spinal Stenosis of my Thoracic Spine
So yeah this Warlock even with Sunsinger abilities is ducked at the moment

Later on Today @11AM EST I will be going in for spinal surgery
Wanted to thank all of you that. I got to know and have fun with, not trying to be a drama llama here, but if last word I can say I have it said on DGAF

Thanks for being cool peoples and letting me become legend alongside you all
If I come out ok I maybe a 2.0 version hopefully of my former self

Good news to wash the depressing convo, I have roughly lost 110lbs since Mid-February
Went from 475lbs to 366lbs so far

So yeah big day for me tomorrow, hope to join the ranks of you all again soon, if any complications happen for whatever purpose all I can say is Thank You for letting me be a part of your lives

Good luck man! Super cool about your good news too! Can't wait to play with GraveRobberX 2.0 :p

nOoblet16

I always thought tracking very useful in pvp. Players like myself will dodge rockets that don't track. since rockets that dont track are aimed at the ground. Makes them easy to evade when there is a nice wide open map (like Burning Shrine)

For example, Hunter/Warlock can get away via blink. This relies on the map layout not being enclosed tho
No proximity detonation is better than pure tracking. Because you can avoid tracking rockets as they won't explode unless they hit something. It's much harder to avoid a fast travelling rocket with grenade and horseshoe. As Grenade and horseshoe will explode whenever it's even near and the large blast radius makes sure to get the kill for sure. You don't aim at the ground with grenade and horseshoe.

Also for a player that is near a door and then turns towards a side a tracking rocket won't kill the player but grenade and horseshoe will...same for a player that is towards the side of a door but at an angle so that firing at the ground won't kill the player.

Half of the time when Truth works it works because of Grenade and Horseshoe and high velocity.

Rubenov

Truth's tracking is also "aggressive" tracking, which is different than the tracking found in other rocket launchers including Gjallarhorn.

Deku Tree

DGAF: should I keep my "I'll will" and re-roll it? Or weapons parts?
It has horrible reload speed but very large impact.
If re-roll then what is the best possible "God roll" roll to get?

X-Frame

Likewise my friend!

Right so I have a massive plate of nacho's almost ready, so when I'm done DEMOLISHING those I'm coming online. Might quickly blast through the weekly's, POE or hop straight into IB if there's space on a train, I'm not sure just yet.

If no space I'll create one for those who wish to play.

What do you put on your nachos?

And do you bake them in the oven? These are important questions.

Namikaze1

Yo Marvel!
3qdfg8.jpg

noomi

A quick tip for those looking to get to Mercury this week.

Don't spend your passage coins right away, do a few runs first just to understand the map, feel out the tactics/strats and what to expect from enemy players.

Once you feel a bit more comfortable, and have a good team:

- Only buy the start with 1 win coin
- Get to 4/5 wins, buy the forgiveness coin
- get to 6/7 wins, buy the double win coin

This way, you are sort of protecting your coin investment, and playing it a bit safer ;) You don't have to do this if you have an all-star team :)

Namikaze1

Heading to Rumble for the last time today. Need to do a PoE Challenge afterwards preferrebly 34, to try and get the Queen's Cipher on my Warlock.

PuMa

Don't spend your passage coins right away, do a few runs first just to understand the map, feel out the tactics/strats and what to expect from enemy players.

- Get to 4/5 wins, but the forgiveness coin
- get to 6/6 wins, but the double win coin

This way, are are sort of protecting your coin investment, and playing it a bit safer ;) You don't have to do this if you have an all-star team :)

Just an FYI on the Passage Coins thing, don't wait until you have two losses to buy the forgiveness coin. If you do this and get a loss, the loss will be erased, BUT it actually triggers the card to be "complete". The end result is that you will have two losses on your card, but the card is done. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if they've changed anything, but this happened to me last week.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Loving the IB buff for lower ranked toons. My warlock is a 4. Played on my Titan last night for a couple of matches. Turned in 4 bounties and got 2 wins, she's now half way to 3.

Haybro

This way, are are sort of protecting your coin investment, and playing it a bit safer ;) You don't have to do this if you have an all-star team :)

Great advice here. I've burned all the buffs right at the start and ended up with a 5 win card, while my teammate played it smarter and ended up with an 8 win gold tier card.

E92 M3

Good advice - I am all about protecting the coin investment (even have mercy left over from last week). Personally, I buy them all at once, because once the train starts it ain't stopping. Nothing kills momentum more than going to the reef lol.

nOoblet16

I buy the mercy and 1 win coin straight away then I buy the extra win coin later around 5th game. The reason why I don't wait and buy mercy straight away is because sometimes I might have one loss but win the rest if I don't buy mercy then I am losing that one game and then playing from scratch once more.

patchday

Loving the IB buff for lower ranked toons. My warlock is a 4. Played on my Titan last night for a couple of matches. Turned in 4 bounties and got 2 wins, she's now half way to 3.

I thought you had to hit rank 5 on a character for the other characters to receive a buff? I've only had time to hit rank 3 on one of my characters

edit- Reddit had a helpful thread on this that explains

If this weeks Trials is on Anomaly, ill be passing on it. Id rather play Sword Base.

No more shotgun maps with a lot of corners or sniper maps with a lot of hallways.

LTWood12

Just an FYI on the Passage Coins thing, don't wait until you have two losses to buy the forgiveness coin. If you do this and get a loss, the loss will be erased, BUT it actually triggers the card to be "complete". The end result is that you will have two losses on your card, but the card is done. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if they've changed anything, but this happened to me last week.

Sorry for ducking out last night Puma! My son wouldn't go to sleep so I had to keep going upstairs. I performed quite poorly in that first match :(

RemiLP

That happend to me during the first week. So annoying.

Namikaze1

What have I learned from today's rumble experience? I am doing better with a Warlock than I am with a Hunter.

Forgive me, Figadapanda, for I have sinned!

Deku Tree

Seems to me that the new Efrideet Spear is worthless because it can't roll field scout.
Three round mag seems like it's not worth it.

Seems to me that the new Efreet Spear is worthless because it can't roll field scout.
Three round mag seems like it's not worth it.

the only reason to use a spear IMO is to final round. the ROF is too slow otherwise. i heard they took that off too, so it does indeed sound worthless

does spear have a burn? i suppose itd be good in PvE with 6 rounds

Arrrammis

Maps that I would be fine with for ToO: Burning shrine, Blind watch, Twilight Gap, or European deadzone.

Other maps just seem like there are too many shotgun or sniper fests (and by sniper I mean super long range thorn).

Wilde

Ok well it "only" took trading in most of my old shards and energies, spending almost 400 motes, and buying 15 exotic engrams, but I FINALLY just got the Purifier Robes!

This is going to be amazing in ToO this weekend!

Cruxist

So is it confirmed that Iron Banner is half experience on alt characters to reach the same rank as your first person?

I need 3 etheric light and then I'll hit my goal of having fully upgraded warlock Vault of Glass gear.

Namikaze1

the only reason to use a spear IMO is to final round. the ROF is too slow otherwise. i heard they took that off too, so it does indeed sound worthless

does spear have a burn? i suppose itd be good in PvE with 6 rounds
Not sure about the post HoW ones but mine from February has Void burn. It's been my go to for Void burn Nightfalls. Had it rerolled then for PvE purposes.

Top Bottom