• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Deku Tree

I will not dismantle Atheons Epilogue

So desperate for more vault space, there are at least 10 other weapons I want to add to my collection too..what do?
I am saving my Vanquisher which rolled with reactive reload, field scout, and crowd control just in case auto rifles ever get a buff.

nOoblet16

here's a sample of my... playstyle?
zoba, fig, or whoever else is willing, can you take a look and assess how i can improve?
after i viewed it, i know i can improve on map awareness (as i don't know the corners very well) and awareness in general, as i literally ran into/past some opponents.... eesh. what else?

http://youtu.be/LsECMeWS3Xw

i'm a video-recording scrub - the action starts at 5:23 on this one
http://youtu.be/aA3CHUedhDQ
repost for a new page

The way you can improve is by using TLW with the hunter :p

LordofPwn

List of potential Trials maps in order of most likely to least likely for this week:

Twilight Gap
The Anomaly
Asylum
Firebase Delphi
The Cauldron
Blind Watch
Shores of Time
Rusted Lands
Burning Shrine
Pantheon

Place your bets now

List of potential Trials maps in order of most likely to least likely for this week:

Twilight Gap
The Anomaly
Asylum
Firebase Delphi
The Cauldron
Blind Watch
Shores of Time
Rusted Lands
Burning Shrine
Pantheon

Place your bets now
Relatively certain HoW maps are a possibility as well since you need HoW to participate.

My bet goes to Asylum.

nOoblet16

12P1Ssvegf2Eak.gif

Who is that....I must know !

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think I will be buying Obsidian Mind. I could use a Voidwalker exotic, and it synergizes really well with my Bad Juju.

XenoRaven

I had 15 Rare Fusion Rifles stocked in my Vault in case I ever got the Shattered Memory Fragment bounty and I had to dismantle nearly all of them for space.

ERMint13

Twilight Gap
The Anomaly
Asylum
Firebase Delphi
The Cauldron
Blind Watch
Shores of Time
Rusted Lands
Burning Shrine
Pantheon

Place your bets now

The Cauldron is my bet. Pantheon came up alot before Trials in my PvP runs and this week I'm getting Cauldron alot. If it is Cauldron it should be an interesting weekend.

nOoblet16

How the did they manage to calculate the the latitude and longitude :eek:
One would think developers would just put the sun in any area which works best for the location of the stage that you roam around in and then the sun would change position from there when the day night cycle works. Basically I would not have expected the developers to create a location that has a correct trajectory of the sun according to its latitude and longitude and have it be accurate to the area it's modeled after.

So I got a cipher on Tuesday, another one Wednesday, then 2 on one character yesterday and variks has still yet to call me.
There is a big exclamation mark at the reef telling me I have a reward, but when I go there nothing shows up. Talking to him won't do anything either.
Anyone else going through this?
I hope it's not broken.

Deku Tree

So I got a cipher on Tuesday, another one Wednesday, then 2 on one character yesterday and variks has still yet to call me.
There is a big exclamation mark at the reef telling me I have a reward, but when I go there nothing shows up. Talking to him won't do anything either.
Anyone else going through this?
I hope it's not broken.

Look at the bounty in your inventory. I believe it changes when Variks is ready for you.

here's a sample of my... playstyle?
zoba, fig, or whoever else is willing, can you take a look and assess how i can improve?
after i viewed it, i know i can improve on map awareness (as i don't know the corners very well) and awareness in general, as i literally ran into/past some opponents.... eesh. what else?

http://youtu.be/LsECMeWS3Xw

i'm a video-recording scrub - the action starts at 5:23 on this one
http://youtu.be/aA3CHUedhDQ
repost for a new page
Started watching at 5:23

At 5:45 there was no reason to not throw your grenade against a wall there. Odds were the enemy was going to push towards you. That would either have gotten you a kill, or at least scared him off for you to get situated again.

At 6:25 you'd probably be better off slowing down your shots and aiming them a bit more. You seem to be blind firing in hopes that Thorn will just do the work for you.

At 7:30 you've now died 3 times with a full super. Use that shit! Make some orbs for your teammates, and get an easy kill so you can start charging your super for another.

At 7:40 again, you had a great chance to use your super for a multikill.

At 9:43 you've thrown your trip-mine on the ground twice now. Don't do that. Trip mines work best thrown against a wall or some other vertical surface. It gives them a larger danager zone to enemy players.

At 10:25 you charged out into enemy territory without having reloaded your weapon. You only had 1 in the chamber. Only time I've seen you do that though, so probably not a habit of yours.

General notes:
You only pulled out your special weapon once. Find a Special weapon that compliments your play style. Thorn is a great weapon, but it isn't 100% versatile.

You never used your super. This deprives your team of points in a big way. You aren't making orbs, you aren't getting bonus points for super kills, and you aren't using the "free kills" the game basically gives you.

In general, you need to slow down with your thorn shots. You seem to shoot expectantly a lot. Try waiting a bit for a target to actually pop up around the corner, so you can land that dot on them. Shooting first is just going to scare them away.

Please don't take this too harshly. I'm just pointing out things I would do differently. You did a lot of things right in this game. I'm strictly just focusing on the things you could do differently.

LiK

I know we can't use them together but the ability to simply wear all Exotic armor in the Social Areas would be nice. I just wanna see what we look like with them all on.

patchday

So is it confirmed that Iron Banner is half experience on alt characters to reach the same rank as your first person?

I need 3 etheric light and then I'll hit my goal of having fully upgraded warlock Vault of Glass gear.

see pg 142 in this thread right above your post. I posted a link to a reddit thread with hard numbers. No theorycraft.

One would think developers would just put the sun in any area which works best for the location of the stage that you roam around in and then the sun would change position from there when the day night cycle works. Basically I would not have expected the developers to create a location has a correct trajectory of the sun according to its latitude and longitude and have be accurate to the area it's modeled after.

Yeah, this part bothers me, too.

Especially because the moon is obviously closer to earth, which means the Traveler has some wicker power. Who's to say it didn't alter the Earth's axis in an effort to better the planet?

neoism

I have a ton of strange coin, but short on weapon parts, can you get a lot of weapon parts by dismantling exotics?

not really...
it should be this..

green=1or sometimes 2
blue=5
leg=10
exotic=15

but that would make sense... smh bungle.....

Started watching at 5:23

*snip*
Please don't take this too harshly. I'm just pointing out things I would do differently. You did a lot of things right in this game. I'm strictly just focusing on the things you could do differently.
NOT AT ALL! this is EXACTLY for what i was asking :) TY!

i do concur - i hesitate using my super so often because i don't want to "waste" it. i need to be more cognizant of using it.
i also do need to practice more with aiming my grenade placement - i miss the spot of my target more often than not :(

XenoRaven

One would think developers would just put the sun in any area which works best for the location of the stage that you roam around in and then the sun would change position from there when the day night cycle works. Basically I would not have expected the developers to create a location has a correct trajectory of the sun according to its latitude and longitude and have be accurate to the area it's modeled after.
This is something I wouldn't put past Bungie to do, but at the same time, the sun looks way too big on Mercury.

Got to do this on my warlock. Let me know...as well as another 35 and the cipher bounty on both my hunter and titan..mehhhhh

Wouldn't mind a 35 on either my Hunter or Warlock.

Bought 4 engram's and finally got Lucky Raspberry. Even better my first engram rolled Purifier Robes.

patchday

I should make a new Destiny thread someday where everyone can post their wishes since this post will get buried in this thread but-

I really think Bungie needs to add more classes/subclasses.

Just recently I deleted my 2nd titan and made a warlock. I'm sure this extended my playtime at least a good 2 days (48 hours at least) as I level up my subclasses and exotics. I actually had an interesting time even going through the base story

Also finally unlocked reborn on my Sunsinger subtree. Now I can self-revive and get re-pwned like all the other warlocks in Crucible. It's extra fun since I have Purifier robes though. So when I self-revive everyone is blinded lol

Karl2177

This week's Trials map is larger than Burning Shrine and wasn't in the original Control playlist. Which means it's a HoW map, Asylum, or Anomoly.

Anybody down to do a raid today/right now ? Level 32 Warlock I'm down for either raid still new to raids did VoG for the first time yesterday. PSN: Datdudeiceman191

Top Bottom