• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

rNilla

What have I learned from today's rumble experience? I am doing better with a Warlock than I am with a Hunter.

Forgive me, Figadapanda, for I have sinned!

Y0YhrOA.png

nOoblet16

If this weeks Trials is on Anomaly, ill be passing on it. Id rather play Sword Base.

No more shotgun maps with a lot of corners or sniper maps with a lot of hallways.
I see your concern and I present to you Cauldron, all those ramps, interconnected paths, corners and automatic doors !

ocean

Banned
Hey guys!

Formally gave up on Mercury (not the best way to introduce an LFG post :p) but I'd still like to play ToO tonight. I'll be on when it unlocks and it'd be great if we could start a card where we try to at least get the armor piece and maybe the packages?

I'm a_javierp on PSN.

I see your concern and I present to you Cauldron, all those ramps, interconnected paths, corners and automatic doors !

i like cauldron though

but it wont work in trials with the automatic doors.

its a shame that im going to admit that the best candidate is twilight gap. delphi would be decent but the rest of the maps are too big, small or campy

Deku Tree

the only reason to use a spear IMO is to final round. the ROF is too slow otherwise. i heard they took that off too, so it does indeed sound worthless

does spear have a burn? i suppose itd be good in PvE with 6 rounds

Is there even a new one? not seen it drop, only seen Shotty, AR and RPG dropping.

Unless you get Casket Mag. Not great for stability though...

Can it still roll spray & play?

I think all new snipers have the same perk table so the spear can roll these perks:

http://www.destinydb.com/items/2657648894

I could only find the old spear in destinyDB with the old perk table but new ones are dropping in IB from what I hear.

The new Spear has a random burn. It can roll spray and play. It can roll casket mag. Can't roll field scout. Can't roll final round.

I feel like Bungie should have just left final round in snipers but disabled it in PvP. The way they did it long time players can still "scumbag" you in PvP but new players have no chance to roll the same weapon.

I wish Deej gave us an interview with some developers in a weekly update where they explained why they changed the perk tables.

E92 M3

i like cauldron though

but it wont work in trials with the automatic doors.

its a shame that im going to admit that the best candidate is twilight gap. delphi would be decent but the rest of the maps are too big, small or campy

Delphi would be amazing. It's my second favorite map to Burning Shrine.

noomi

"But the coin"

I'm thinking about just saying fuck it, closing my office door, and playing Destiny for a couple hours this morning.

I'm trying to type these posts at work and am making horrible mistakes everywhere. Please forgive me! :p

Hey guys!

Formally gave up on Mercury (not the best way to introduce an LFG post :p) but I'd still like to play ToO tonight. I'll be on when it unlocks and it'd be great if we could start a card where we try to at least get the armor piece and maybe the packages?

I'm a_javierp on PSN.

Awww man, no quitters! Did you ever get to Mercury at all yet?

Finally rank five, no more Iron B
ullshit.
Didn’t get anything good besides a BTRD-345, which is great. Now I have some extreme Glimmer farming to do.

IB:
Boots and Gloves: 10k
Elight: 10k
Fusion Rifle: 7k

Queen’s Wrath:
Ship: 17.5k
Shader: 6k

Total: 50,500 Glimmer!

Deku Tree

Damn. If it wasn't for Grave Robber, I wouldn't need to reroll my Judgment. Mine got aggressive ballistic, smallbore, and final round. Only grave robber brings it down.

I got a similar roll on my party Crasher. The problem is that "shot package" is the most essential of all the perks.

E92 M3

I feel so bad for not spending my capped crucible and vanguard marks, but there is just nothing to use them on =/.

Back in the day, I would buy armor pieces and dismantle for shards, but that's from an ancient time.

PuMa

I feel so bad for not spending my capped crucible and vanguard marks, but there is just nothing to use them on =/.

Back in the day, I would buy armor pieces and dismantle for shards, but that's from an ancient time.

I just buy materials now.

Namikaze1

Alright, do I reroll or keep? Don't have enough notes due to spending a bunch of them on engrams.

Current perks on my rerolled Judgement:
Full Auto (wanted Shot package but it's a tier 1 perk for PvP from that reddit thread)
Smallbore
Luck in the Chamber
Aggressive Ballistics

spyder_ur

I'd love to see Rusted Lands but maybe that would just be an utter snipefest. Wouldn't hate Twilight Gap or Blind Watch.

I've really enjoyed improving my PvP sniping and I have to say that The Chosen is serving me quite well - I rolled it with both shortgaze and ambush, Hidden Hand, and Unflinching. I've gotten a couple Low Grade Humility drops that I'll reroll soon.

No idea how some of you manage to keep all 3 classes up to date all the time. I have a Titan on xb1 and a hunter on ps4, by the time I do everything on my Titan it's reset again and my hunter doesn't even get touched.

LTWood12

Finally rank five, no more Iron B
ullshit.
Didn’t get anything good besides a BTRD-345, which is great. Now I have some extreme Glimmer farming to do.

IB:
Boots and Gloves: 10k
Elight: 10k
Fusion Rifle: 7k

Queen’s Wrath:
Ship: 17.5k
Shader: 6k

Total: 50,500 Glimmer!

I thought they said they were lowering the glimmer cost on gear this iron banner?

Kyne

The reason I won't switch from my Felwinters is because I actually like the way IB weapons look. The gold compliments most of my shaders.

Felwinter'sLie.jpeg

Zoidberg

Couldn't work out what that weird sounding gun was for most of the match. Realised at the end it was a suros...haven't heard one of them in the wild for a long time.

I just buy materials now.

Same.

I've about 3/4 stacks of every material in my bank >.<

So what's the consensus on treasure keys?

Should I only use them on 34/35 PoE or is the loot the same for them all?

I read somewhere that you can only get the shader/ship from 35 with the key?

Deku Tree

Alright, do I reroll or keep? Don't have enough notes due to spending a bunch of them on engrams.

Current perks on my rerolled Judgement:
Full Auto (wanted Shot package but it's a tier 1 perk for PvP from that reddit thread)
Smallbore
Luck in the Chamber
Aggressive Ballistics

Keep. Judgement has faster RoF. I like full auto better for PvE.

Navy Bean

I'd love to see Rusted Lands but maybe that would just be an utter snipefest. Wouldn't hate Twilight Gap or Blind Watch.

I've really enjoyed improving my PvP sniping and I have to say that The Chosen is serving me quite well - I rolled it with both shortgaze and ambush, Hidden Hand, and Unflinching. I've gotten a couple Low Grade Humility drops that I'll reroll soon.

I played a few skirmish matches on rusted lands and it was a surprisingly great map for 3v3. Sure, you can snipe, but there's room to move, flank, etc. Snipers can't just stare down a hallway...

nOoblet16

Bought three chest engrams

1) Purifier Robes
2) Armantenium (however you spell it)
3) Lucky Raspberry

I had none of them :p
Well I once had a Lucky Raspberry that I got out of an engram but I dismantled it quickly because I needed a shard that time as I was a low level pleb back then haha

Namikaze1

Keep. Judgement has faster RoF. I like full auto better for PvE.
Yep, I kept it. It's solar (which i have plenty of. Need more void weapons) but upon further reading of that thread, it seems I ended up getting perfect combo for Judgement in Luck in the Chamber and Full Auto.

Quickly ascended that though I won't be able to use it till next week since I don't want to hand in bounties till I have the ToO gloves.

here's a sample of my... playstyle?
zoba, fig, or whoever else is willing, can you take a look and assess how i can improve?
after i viewed it, i know i can improve on map awareness (as i don't know the corners very well) and awareness in general, as i literally ran into/past some opponents.... eesh. what else?

http://youtu.be/LsECMeWS3Xw

i'm a video-recording scrub - the action starts at 5:23 on this one
http://youtu.be/aA3CHUedhDQ
repost for a new page

noomi

I will not dismantle Atheons Epilogue

So desperate for more vault space, there are at least 10 other weapons I want to add to my collection too..what do?

ocean

Banned
I'm trying to type these posts at work and am making horrible mistakes everywhere. Please forgive me! :p

Awww man, no quitters! Did you ever get to Mercury at all yet?

Nope. Went 8-3 last weekend and 9-2 the weekend before that. Unstable and Drizz tried their best but we got matched up against a very pro team that broke our streak and stole my Mercury :p

nOoblet16

Saw on Reddit that people figured out the last city is Pokhara, Nepal

pokhara12.jpg

That sure looks like it.

I don't see it...if that looks similar then any aerial shot of a city could be said to look like the last city. The last city also has a river flowing through it.

Kyne

OP multiplayer weapon thread has turned into a Thorn debate. The salt is real.

The topic is bleeding into social media and other threads alike. Soon it'll have its own twitter campaign.

#notallhandcannons

Top Bottom