• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

P44

this gun just needs to die. its like bungie keeps sending it back and forth through the timestream to when it was good and then when it was nerfed

It's a damn shame - the gun is useless for long range as it is, just pick your encounters and you can shut down a vex.

Dear Red Death and Achlyophage Symbiote.

Thank you for making my experience on Burning Shrine a pleasant one.

:)

PLEASE KEEP FLOODING B, NO REALLY

golden gun for you, and you, and you and you

Lol. That's why you need to get B asap on that map. Fools will do anything to take it back and you get a lot of easy targets.

I swear since the update the Mythoclast sucks in PVP I couldn't get a single kill with it.

Don't know what you're talking about.

The Vex kills so fast. I did all 3 bounties for 15 fusion rifle kills in 1 or 2 matches.

this gun just needs to die. its like bungie keeps sending it back and forth through the timestream to when it was good and then when it was nerfed

It's balanced now, don't you think? I still prefer the hand cannons tho.

Dave_6

That was a fun run. Glad we got it done.

Good call on the VoC. I'm really enjoying my ascended VoC. I'd forgotten how great that gun is. If you still have NFs to run this week, VoC is fantastic. Stun locking the Archon Priest is a blast.

Thanks again! It was fun, even though we struggled slightly at the end. I still have 2 NFs to do, so I may ascend the VoC and see if I can solo both of them.

BondFancy

I was doing the same damage post patch. What changed?
My accuracy at range is nonexistent and then if I try to use it close range I get felwintered. So I said screw it and pulled the thorn out again. I love the gun because it's so unique, but thorn, red death, and TLW outclass it. (No hawkmoon XB1 pleb)

Impala26

Yeah Vex was letting me down more than I'm used to last night.

Switched to MIDA and I did not regret it.

Going from 300 to 365 is about a 31% dmg boost for most weapons and 32-34 enemies, not sure about 35. Going from 331 to 365 is around 18%.

The thing is though I don't think most people are really having much difficulty in POE 32/34 or the rounds of 1-5 POE 35. I've done all of them in LFG pugs with 331 weps and never once found myself thinking "man if I just did 20% more dmg this would be so much easier!". It really was just running away, regen-ning, rezzing, and jumping back in. Titan bubbles, hunter invis, and warlock rez were much more clutch on mine phases than extra damage.

There are only a few specific fights where a few specific weapons make a huge difference. A 365 gallahorn is super useful on some of the critical target waves since you can fire across the map while trying to avoid the million elites sniping you. A 365 sniper (arc/void) is super useful on skolas burn weeks. I guess you could argue that a shotgun is useful on the judgement shield boss in POE 32/34, although if you either do the super burn or correctly kill the right mob its really not that important.

So far I have 8 etheric lights in my vault and have only ascending a single fatebringer, and two snipers (arc/void). I don't play ToO though so if I was doing that I'd probably burn some more but even still the loadouts are pretty standard across ToO. I'll probably do a VoC next although the last two weeks there haven't been many solar burn rounds in POE (none this week afaik).

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dear Red Death and Achlyophage Symbiote.

Thank you for making my experience on Burning Shrine a pleasant one.

:)

PLEASE KEEP FLOODING B, NO REALLY

golden gun for you, and you, and you and you

You feel like Oprah..... I go full Oprah mode with Praxic Fire... Here's a Solar Grenade for you, and for you, and one for you, Solar Grenades for EVERYONE!

Fusion Rifle comment incoming: I have realized less of them I'm crucible lately and I didn't know about a nerf on them either. I have the Osiris FR and have done very well with it through. Several sprees have been executed. I feel even better about getting those now that I know that they have reduced range now.

PuMa

My accuracy at range is nonexistent and then if I try to use it close range I get felwintered. So I said screw it and pulled the thorn out again. I love the gun because it's so unique, but thorn, red death, and TLW outclass it. (No hawkmoon XB1 pleb)

The Vex isn't a long range weapon to begin with. It excels in the mid-to-close range areas. Where it really shines is when Crowd Control kicks in. It just destroys the next targets.

LiK

The Vex isn't a long range weapon to begin with. It excels in the mid-to-close range areas. Where it really shines is when Crowd Control kicks in. It just destroys the next targets.

Like I said, it's my alt to ARs now lol

BondFancy

Yeah the range has always been the downside to it. But I can't even hit targets mid range after patch, it's like it has crazy bullet spread now. It's probably just me. FYI I am running smart drift and send it to try and help mitigate the range issue.

lt519

FR's can definitely OHK at a farther range than shotguns.

If you have rangefinder and hit every shot on a target that is charging/blinking/sliding. It's become increasingly difficult to OHK before a shotgun gets in range, but that's just the maps sometimes. I do pre-charge around corners, but it'll still lose that fight everytime. 90% of encounters don't involve someone charging straight at you down a long hallway. I guess its more a problem with shotguns having too much range since I don't really want people sniping with Fusion Rifles like I used to.

hah, that sounds like me yesterday after I got a matador to drop.

I spent a bunch of motes (30-40) trying to get the perfect roll but decided to stop before things got out of control. For me, weapon parts are the real issue. I'm a (self-admitted) weapon hoarder and still have a ton of shards and strange coins so motes aren't the issue. But weapon parts are quickly starting to get depleted.

Part of the issue is the large amount needed to ascend exotics. It's one of the reasons I've held of on upgrading several of them.

PuMa

Yeah the range has always been the downside to it. But I can't even hit targets mid range after patch, it's like it has crazy bullet spread now. It's probably just me. FYI I am running smart drift and send it to try and help mitigate the range issue.

Interesting. I don't even use send it (prefer the extended mag), and I haven't had that problem.

If you have rangefinder and hit every shot on a target that is charging/blinking/sliding. It's become increasingly difficult to OHK before a shotgun gets in range, but that's just the maps sometimes. I do pre-charge around corners, but it'll still lose that fight everytime. 90% of encounters don't involve someone charging straight at you down a long hallway. I guess its more a problem with shotguns having too much range since I don't really want people sniping with Fusion Rifles like I used to.

It might be difficult, but I was just pointing out that technically the FR can OHK at a greater range. Shotguns do still have too much range (with the right roll) in my opinion.

The range on the Scholar scout rifle from ToO is absolutely insane. I was wrecking adds with the solar version in Nightfall yesterday and that's without Send It, was using Perfect Balance instead. Its range is very slightly higher than the Fang's.

PuMa

Guys! ToO starts in 15 minutes! Get excited.

1zN2433DxGL4I.gif

lt519

So far I have 8 etheric lights in my vault and have only ascending a single fatebringer, and two snipers (arc/void). I don't play ToO though so if I was doing that I'd probably burn some more but even still the loadouts are pretty standard across ToO. I'll probably do a VoC next although the last two weeks there haven't been many solar burn rounds in POE (none this week afaik).

Yeah the rush to get Etheric light, beyond getting to level 34 and VoG weapons wasn't really necessary. I have like 5 sitting in the vault and that is after upgrading a bunch of VoG armor and FB, WoC, VoC, CM, Praedyth's, Steel Oracle, LDR, and a Give/Take. I'm just leveling random things now. Although the snipers for Skolas are important to level especially with that Final Round.

I can't stress how awesome a 365 VoC is though. It's great since it has great range and stability. For example it did 500 crits to Qodron while a Icebreaker did 3000. I was more likely to hit all 20 crits with VoC then crit with all 6 of my Icebreaker shots and you never have to wait for a recharge or go collect special ammo. It looks like you are tickling bosses but once you've thrown a few clips into them as a group you see how effective it is.

lt519

So has anyone tried deleting one of their duplicate Elder Ciphers yet? We don't want a repeat of my ToO mistake but I'm not willing to be the guinea pig.

Oh wow, apparently someone on reddit did it and deleted both.

Yeah the rush to get Etheric light, beyond getting to level 34 and VoG weapons wasn't really necessary. I have like 5 sitting in the vault and that is after upgrading a bunch of VoG armor and FB, WoC, VoC, CM, Praedyth's, Steel Oracle, LDR, and a Give/Take. I'm just leveling random things now. Although the snipers for Skolas are important to level especially with that Final Round.

I can't stress how awesome a 365 VoC is though. It's great since it has great range and stability. For example it did 500 crits to Qodron while a Icebreaker did 3000. I was more likely to hit all 20 crits with VoC then crit with all 6 of my Icebreaker shots and you never have to wait for a recharge or go collect special ammo. It looks like you are tickling bosses but once you've thrown a few clips into them as a group you see how effective it is.

Ice Breaker? You're doing the fight wrong, guardian! It's all about that Super Good Advice.

So has anyone tried deleting one of their duplicate Elder Ciphers yet? We don't want a repeat of my ToO mistake but I'm not willing to be the guinea pig.

Dooooooo it! ;)

Omni

Oh wow, apparently someone on reddit did it and deleted both.
Yeah, don't do it.

Sucks that they only reward one weapon. I mean, I'd be fine doing the requirements twice >.>

RetroMG

Still need one more for PoE 34. Join on Hzoltan969 or RetroMG.

EDIT: And we're full, assuming Phantom doesn't back out in a few seconds. ;)

lt519

Ice Breaker? You're doing the fight wrong, guardian! It's all about that Super Good Advice.

We beat it on 34 without burning him down every time using Icebreakers to break the shields. 6 Icebreaker rounds with the buff takes down all three shields. So whoever killed the eye just used their scout rifles to beat on Qodron in order to save the 6 rounds. It was nice not having to run around for special ammo and always be prepared for the detainment. I often opted to just use my VoC instead of Icebreaker to DPS the boss since the rockets cause crazy screen shaking. But hey, everyone's got a different strategy (;

Top Bottom