• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Hyun Sai

Seriously, what the hell. I am never hitting 34. Next week is obviously going to be +str boots. I need Raid boots on my titan but he already has max str. There are stats other than just pure strength. And its made worse with the one piece of gear a week (with most likely a month of all +str gear). Clearly his loot table is not random. I'm guessing someone at Bungie said doing this would give him personality as you visit him each week hoping for gear to actually progress to a higher light level only to be disappointed. Sort of like the cryptarch at launch.

Buy the gear you need to be 34 and do the stuff that gives you Etheric, you'll customize later.

Omni

34 boss SUCKS

WHY does Bungie think it's a good idea to make an enemy that recharges health? And then half way through, you're supposed to intercept a target. Oh but by the time you've killed said target, the boss has all his health back. It's really not worth doing legit. I'm just gonna cheese it like the one last week.

34 boss SUCKS

WHY does Bungie think it's a good idea to make an enemy that recharges health? And then half way through, you're supposed to intercept a target. Oh but by the time you've killed said target, the boss has all his health back. It's really not worth doing legit. I'm just gonna cheese it like the one last week.

The loot rewards in PoE are not worth the bullshit. I skipped Skolas last week. Fuck Bungie.

ocean

Banned
An non inclusive title for PvE focused players. I guess it reflects the PvP focused state of this game right now.
Eh not a big deal. Considering we had a thread title about getting Timmins some pants once, these titles are just quirky references to whatever's going on in the game.

We've had VoG, Iron Banner, CE, cheese, HoW, Reef titles...it'd be a strange omission not to fit ToO there somewhere.

I still think there is a perfect thread title hidden in that Wikipedia article about how toxic Mercury salts are.

An non inclusive title for PvE focused players. I guess it reflects the PvP focused state of this game right now.

Well the title was conceived when Trials was up and running, would expect it to have a more substantial impact on the creation of the title at the time. People PvE at reset and then PvP on weekends is a nice balance considering PvP got shafted for eight months.

Skele7on

Banned
also FATE OF ALL FOOLS? MIA?

I seriously cannot understand how people are struggling with ToO it's easy as all hell as long as you play with caution and have some team work.

Sigh, I have the worst luck in this game...

MBQZZiP.gif

Context: I was levelling up my Hunter, almost to 20, and I had a bounty to hit 9000xp without dying. This happened when I was on 8700. The worst luck!

LOL! I had that happen to me before too.

It's not worth the effort. For no guaranteed loot. Fuck that.

Small chance of an elemental weapon or cipher and a chest that requires a key.

Bored and ready to quit again until comet

The loot rewards in PoE are not worth the bullshit. I skipped Skolas last week. Fuck Bungie.

We get it. You don't like the game (anymore). Do you have to come in here and start bitching every time for pages straight? Its not the first time I've noticed this.

Your attitude is toxic and detrimental to the quality of this community/thread.

Seriously, no need man. Just let it go.

ocean

Banned
It's not worth the effort. For no guaranteed loot. Fuck that.

Small chance of an elemental weapon or cipher and a chest that requires a key.
Atheon was hard as fuck when 30s were rare and chances were high you'd leave with a ship, some shards and a sparrow. I've criticized Skola's reward system since the expansion launched but that's the way all endgame content in the game works except for ToO and Crota (which should be the example and not the exception).

Shame to see the expansion is getting to you this way man. I understand not liking it but you've been sounding very sour and upset for days now :/

Jinjo

We've had plenty of PvE & PvP (IB in particular) focused titles before, why make a deal out of it now? While I agree PvE loot is abyssmal, the PvP side of things definitely needed the loot boost.

Just accepted a bounty from the Queen and it was a mission on the moon where you spawn at Phogoths place, is there only one bounty like that?

We get it. You don't like the game (anymore). Do you have to come in here and start bitching every time for pages straight? Its not the first time I've noticed this.

Seconded. Getting tiring.

For the moment, I still hold out some faint glimmer that 347 is rewarded for Max queen rep. Is still a possibility as rank 3 is seemingly not Max

The more I think about it, I think the Queen's Wrath is just a rank up package. When I hit three, I got two packages. One was for hitting three and the other I think was just a rank up package, similar to the other factions, so it's probably indefinite.

nOoblet16

I seriously do not understand why the OT tittle is such a deal to him. It's trivial and just picking stuff for the sake of it !
What matters is that there isn't any negativeness in the tittle like Driz said, but instead we end up getting negativeness in this thread like that.

EL CUCO

Seriously, what the hell. I am never hitting 34. Next week is obviously going to be +str boots. I need Raid boots on my titan but he already has max str. There are stats other than just pure strength. And its made worse with the one piece of gear a week (with most likely a month of all +str gear). Clearly his loot table is not random. I'm guessing someone at Bungie said doing this would give him personality as you visit him each week hoping for gear to actually progress to a higher light level only to be disappointed. Sort of like the cryptarch at launch.
I'm just buying the pieces I need to be at 34 that allow me to switch around any exotic piece I feel like wearing. When I ascened the key weapons I want, I'll put the E light towards my own build.

But hot damn, do my stats look stupid. Lol

DWI

I can't share my opinions?

Pretty sure I've likely played the game more than you and have a bigger collection of items than you. Don't discredit my rep because of this shitty expansion.

geordiemp

Bored and ready to quit again until comet

You always come across as happy and content with this game LOL

At least you are consistent.

Why don't you find a game that you like...?

Cheer up

I like to keep 1 great shooter game as my main multiplayer game. Destiny is that game for me THIS year. Love trails and Iron Banner.....Last year it was Ghosts.

I would not be playing the same strikes and raids over and over. I do them once in a while to chill between crucible. Play what you like.

Skele7on

Banned
DWI

Pretty sure I've likely played the game more than you and have a bigger collection of items than you. Don't discredit my rep because of this shitty expansion.

You've always been toxic since the alpha code fiasco you were an utter prick to me when I was the one that gave A LOT of codes out.

You're a real negative guy, smile, maybe play something else?

Sure you can share your views but when they're continuously negative it makes people feel awkward and also question why you bother playing at all,

I mean we're not and bungie is not forcing you to play.

DWI

What the hell is that supposed to mean. Good for you if you have more stuff but does that mean that every post have to include a fuck Bungie? It seems like you're the one discrediting your rep.

sajj316

Went old school last night before the reset and did Crota normal/hard and VOG hard. Got nothing of significance. Bungie, increase/improve the loot drops please. Replace the shards with better weapons and/or gear.

nOoblet16

DWI

Lol...yes let's make that tried argument of I'm sure I've played it more than you without even knowing anything about the other person.
What if you haven't ?

Yes ok it's a shitty expansion, but does every one of your post needs to make a point about how everything is fucked, including trivial details like a tittle ? You do not quantify someone's validity based on how much they have played or how long they have been playing anyway.

I doubt anyone here was happy with the content in Destiny when it launched, or even when TDB came out...you didn't see everyone with this sort of negativity for every post now did you?

Top Bottom