• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
34 boss SUCKS

WHY does Bungie think it's a good idea to make an enemy that recharges health? And then half way through, you're supposed to intercept a target. Oh but by the time you've killed said target, the boss has all his health back. It's really not worth doing legit. I'm just gonna cheese it like the one last week.
You have to kill the 6 yellow dregs and then the boss can't recharge his health.

Lnkn52

I'm calling the cops in here.
200.gif

E92 M3

Really curious what Bungie is patching. Hopefully no nerfs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (enough exclamation marks?)

geordiemp

OKI am confused.

Does Iron banner start today at 6 pm UK time ?

Is Iron Banner on for 1 week ?

Is trials of Osiris on again next weekend ?

That would mean having to play IB and trials at same time ?

Skele7on

Banned
OKI am confused.

yes

yes

yes

YESSSSS

Really curious what Bungie is patching. Hopefully no nerfs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (enough exclamation marks?)

I think they're getting something off their chests as it's really been duping them for a while, but don't fear they'll show us new KEY features ;)

ocean

Banned
DWI

I can't share my opinions?

Pretty sure I've likely played the game more than you and have a bigger collection of items than you. Don't discredit my rep because of this shitty expansion.
Nobody is discrediting you or your rep, nor has anyone questioned your playtime or inventory. I've played with you and always had a great time, and you've been a cool contributor to the community for a while. Miss the space pictures though.

But I wish you wouldn't take this the wrong way when I say that - and I think we all feel this way - you're persistently venting very negative opinions in a way that doesn't add much.

I didn't get to Mercury, probably never will. The thread title isn't some sort of attack directed at me though, just reflects what's happening in the community right now. I would be upset if I'd missed my chance to join pro teams helping people out, but I think you gotta take it easy man. Nobody is trying to censor your opinions - I've probably made some of the longest posts about the misgivings of the loot system in new PvE activities - but stuff like

"OT title is lame"
"Fuck this"
"Fuck that"
"I play more than you"

Is really beneath the level of conversation that sets this community apart. You're not the first and won't be the last to go down that path, but no amount of hours played or items stored will stop people from calling you out when you're being unconstructively morose.

Rubenov

OKI am confused.

1 week, so you'll have Trials + IB this weekend

Nobody is discrediting you or your rep, nor has anyone questioned your playtime or inventory. I've played with you and always had a great time, and you've been a cool contributor to the community for a while. Miss the space pictures though.

But I wish you wouldn't take this the wrong way when I say that - and I think we all feel this way - you're persistently venting very negative opinions in a way that doesn't add much.

I didn't get to Mercury, probably never will. The thread title isn't some sort of attack directed at me though, just reflects what's happening in the community right now. I would be upset if I'd missed my chance to join pro teams helping people out, but I think you gotta take it easy man. Nobody is trying to censor your opinions - I've probably made some of the longest posts about the misgivings of the loot system in new PvE activities - but stuff like

"OT title is lame"
"Fuck this"
"Fuck that"
"I play more than you"

Is really beneath the level of conversation that sets this community apart. You're not the first and won't be the last to go down that path, but no amount of hours played or items stored will stop people from calling you out when you're being unconstructively morose.

I was just so pumped to come back and then everything sucked =\

I had more fun key farming the weekend before HoW launched :(

Lnkn52

Sorry for (apparently) starting shit. It had to be said though.

There's no reason to apologize. We are open to opinions here. And if we use this forum to bring our frustration with the "game" and not with a specific person, I think we can work things out.

Plus, there are far more positive here than negative most of the time. It's okay to have a balance.

Namikaze1

We get it. You don't like the game (anymore). Do you have to come in here and start bitching every time for pages straight? Its not the first time I've noticed this.

Your attitude is toxic and detrimental to the quality of this community/thread.

Seriously, no need man. Just let it go.
Are only positive things about destiny allow in here now? Sheesh.

Not your fault, it was bugging a fair few of us.

I'm not one to attack usually but he's always come off as very self entitled and doesn't like not getting his own way.

Seriously?

I only attacked the game and never people.

So it's fine now to attack people. Ok.

When I talk about my collection and playtime I'm trying to reinforce I'm not some random coming in here.

bosseye

but stuff like

"Fuck this"
"Fuck that"

Is really beneath the level of conversation that sets this community apart. You're not the first and won't be the last to go down that path

You know what, I think I've been a bit guilty of the above too. For some reason I have focused a bit too much on the negative experiences of late. Probably an indication of how much I love Destiny, when it frustrates and disappoints me, its all the more galling and I forget about the good stuff.

I reckon I'll try harder to be a bit more positive about what is, frankly, one of my favourite and most played games of all time. So on that note:

NF tonight; I shall go into to enjoy playing with friends, I will stop lusting after loot.
ToO; Raaaaaage. No! no rage! I shall just enjoy the experience as best I can. If loot happens (unlikely) then great, if not, then its all practice right?
PoE: I'll stop whinging about Quodron on lvl 34 who stole hours of my time and ultimately left me with nothing but degraded thumbsticks. I had a fun time leading up to him and 28/32 PoE is always entertaining.

Genuinely, I've met and played with some great people from here. Long may it continue.

phen0m24

I was just so pumped to come back and then everything sucked =

Then let's key farm again. :)

BB I know you're just venting - :) take a breather, see what they show us at E3 and let's go from there. Think of it this way, if the PvP people got such a substantial loot boost now, maybe we're on deck.

Tell you what if I can't grab an equivalent to the Messenger soon I may join you on the bench. I had the cranky pants on last night.

Darn messenger again! Grumble

Gold_Loot

Seriously?

I only attacked the game and never people.

So it's fine now to attack people. Ok.

When I talk about my collection and playtime I'm trying to reinforce I'm not some random coming in here.
Where did he personally attack you?

Maybe you just need a break. Play something else for awhile.

Ken

Two legendary engrams and a No Backup Plans from Nightfall. Red Death and Vindicator AR from engrams. Bungle pls.

EL CUCO

Cos or some say Cosm (I couldn't resist)...is just Destiny venting, guys. He's just disappointed in the game he loves, atm. Most of us have been there.

E92 M3

yes

yes

yes

YESSSSS

I think they're getting something off their chests as it's really been duping them for a while, but don't fear they'll show us new KEY features ;)

That's what I am hoping for!

I was just so pumped to come back and then everything sucked =\

I missed all of the key farming fun, but you should really try PVP. I've never had a particular interest in Destiny PVP, but I can play Trials all day long. In fact I fell asleep practically playing Trials last night helping people lol.

We get it. You don't like the game (anymore). Do you have to come in here and start bitching every time for pages straight? Its not the first time I've noticed this.

Your attitude is toxic and detrimental to the quality of this community/thread.

Seriously, no need man. Just let it go.

Some people never learn. *Sigh*

Dunlop

It's PoE 34 realistically doable with a level 33 without Gally?

My renewed interest in the game will fizzle if it it's another week of that sh!t

noomi

C'mon guys.... lets not do this :|

I get the frustrations, and I understand some of you are not happy with the content, but try and look at the positives here...

Bungie gave us a lot of what we were asking for, material exchange, ascending gear, arena challenge, competitive pvp mode, better story missions. Could it be better? Of course... is it a bit lacking in certain areas? Sure... but I'm positive there will be improvements coming at some point.

People like to bash Bungie, but they actually do listen to us, and I think the really did some good things with this expansion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions whether they are positive or not, but let's remember that we are in this together :) I love this community, and I respect every player here veteran or not. Lets just not direct anger or negativity onto specific people.

Namikaze1

Oh please. We went through the same shit this weekend with some PvP players calling folks childish and shit for venting their frustrations. It feels like nowadays we can't even criticize Destiny and its content in here anymore without being personally attacked. Newsflash: OTs aren't meant to be all sunshine and rainbows.

Oh please. We went through the same shit this weekend with some PvP players calling folks childish and shit for venting their frustrations. It feels like nowadays we can't even criticize Destiny and its content in here anymore without being personally attacked. Newsflash: OTs aren't meant to be all sunshine and rainbows.

Agreed.

At work now. I'll be online after 9pm EST tonight for Nightfalls and PoE!

Kal_El

Destiny was causing a bit of a rift IRL, so I had to take a few days off. Now i'm back. I'll see if I can get away from marathon sessions. This damn game man. I'm still yet to start The Witcher.

Top Bottom