• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

case and point.

There is a difference between someone who has been in this community since the beginning venting versus a random coming here to thread shit.

You ignoring that on purpose is helping you fuel your hate for me. It's too obvious. Try harder.

X-Frame

I wish there were Queen's bounties on Mars. Relic Iron is scarce.

I know the Fallen aren't on Mars now, but some Wolves could have fled there no?

bosseye

It's PoE 34 realistically doable with a level 33 without Gally?

My renewed interest in the game will fizzle if it it's another week of that sh!t

Didn't seem to be for me. I ran through almost the entire PoE at 34 with my Warlock at level 33 the other day with Gaffer's and it was tricky, but not idiotically so - mostly good fun - until the last boss fight against Quodron where my weapons seemed to do zero damage and I died stupidly quickly so I was of very little use.

Its a shame so many players strategy has descended into 'HAVE GJALLARHORN'. For those of us that don't and have to try and legit encounters, its a bit off putting.

phen0m24

Peace maker attempt #2

I've played with Byron and he's a passionate dude. He lets it all hang out.

His
and my
occasional venting is standard operating procedure.

Come on guys and gals don't let venting get to you. Blowing off steam doesn't need to be taken personally.

We're kind of like family in here. At least I like to look at it that way. Sometimes we have to help each other out, talk each other off the ledge - you know the drill. We all get rattled. No worries.

ocean

Banned
I was just so pumped to come back and then everything sucked =

I had more fun key farming the weekend before HoW launched :(
I've always felt, even in the Alpha and Beta, that Patrol areas hold enormous potential. Pre-HoW key farming wasn't about keys. It was about 6 endgame players spread out across large maps while on party chat goofing around, fighting the Wolves wherever they showed up with Public Events in between or in parallel. World events (an exclamation point on Mars - rush to Patrol to fight a level 30 Cabal Horde, win some purple engrams at the end) a few times a week would do this game wonders.

Back on topic, I know it stings to be hyped and then have your expectations not be met. There's so much wrong with this expansion. And yet I still feel it's overall much better than TDB.

It's a matter of opinion of course but I like the Arena far more than CE, I like the build variety (I've got multiple ascended gauntlets - speed HC reload for PvP, Special Ammo Loader for PvE for example).

I like the Trials because I don't expect to get very far. Reaching 5 for armor is a reasonable goal and I've reached it both weeks (after several failed tickets), and it's a new activity with Raid-level tension and tactics and learning curve and attending rewards.

Do I think Skolas loot system is shitty? Well yeah we all do. But I chose to lay out exactly why I think so along with what I feel would have been better alternatives. If I hadn't done that, I'd probably have just stopped playing but or posting. That third choice - just being sullen and upset and grasping at stuff to complain about (cmon, a PvP thread title?) - is a temptation we must resist.

I don't mean to discredit your disappointment in any way. The community needs its most commited players to be frank and transparent about mistakes. It's gotten us far! So much shit has changed because of our feedback. But the minute we stop debating ideas and just saying fuck it fuck it all 20+ times (once or twice is ok, we've all done it haha) we end up in this kind of ad hominem ridden scenario.

Mere curiosity. I've always read HaloGAF was prone to drama and got shut down or something. Was it this kind of thing? :p

Zoidberg

Any reset groups keep a gorgon checkpoint? I ask because I'm going to be begging on the street later from my gjallahorn, so I'd like to avoid that if I can.

I wish there were Queen's bounties on Mars. Relic Iron is scarce.

I know the Fallen aren't on Mars now, but some Wolves could have fled there no?

Yeah was thinking the same, my stash of relic iron is getting a bit thin as well. I feel a bit sorry for the Cabal, they don't have their own raid and no Wolves bounties :p

Peace maker attempt #2

I've played with Byron and he's a passionate dude. He lets it all hang out.

His
and my
occasional venting is standard operating procedure.

Come on guys and gals don't let venting get to you. Blowing off steam doesn't need to be taken personally.

We're kind of like family in here. At least I like to look at it that way. Sometimes we have to help each other out, talk each other off the ledge - you know the drill. We all get rattled. No worries.

Agreed. I'm confused. I bitched all the time about this game. I was gone for 3 months and what happened?

REMEMBER HARD CROTA EOC

patchday

I enjoy vent posts. Normally I vent in the Destiny 'gaming' threads myself though because I know this thread is normally focused on manual gaf matchmaking and good gaf bonding. Plus this thread moves so fast a really good long winded vent post would get buried fast

Looking at my profile I enjoy this game wayyyy too much though. I play this game in spurts inbetween major titles

Mere curiosity. I've always read HaloGAF was prone to drama and got shut down or something. Was it this kind of thing? :p

tumblr_inline_nlrte5ETbk1qfbr3h.gif

ocean

Banned
Nobody's done Skolas? I wanna hear how it went. How much does the lack of burn change the encounter? Should be a lot easier to survive, but there's still a ton of majors and everything is one level higher...

Let us know how it's going folks! I'm excited about playing it and not feeling the difficulty setting is set to Bullshit 11/10 cheese me please.

Oh please. We went through the same shit this weekend with some PvP players calling folks childish and shit for venting their frustrations. It feels like nowadays we can't even criticize Destiny and its content in here anymore without being personally attacked. Newsflash: OTs aren't meant to be all sunshine and rainbows.

I don't think anyone has had a problem with some very valid points of critique in the previous OT. No one is saying ToO is perfect.

It does not however justify people ragging on PvP like no tomorrow. Ofcourse the people who enjoy the mode are going to come in and say its not all bad.

case and point.
People like this won't listen I'm afraid.

Namikaze1

Agreed. I'm confused. I bitched all the time about this game. I was gone for 3 months and what happened?

REMEMBER HARD CROTA EOC
Lol I remember that day. I spent a good amount of time reading the thread that day since my team manage to beat it earlier than most.

REMEMBER HARD CROTA EOC

The difference being that every single person in this thread was bitching about Hard Crota, but you're pretty lonely in your bitching now. So it stands out.

Good to see that the wants of the community continue to be ignored in regard to Destiny thread titles!

Man, I'm getting tired of these posts.

#1.) Every previous thread title I've made was the consensus favorite from the community. No idea where you're getting this "continue" idea.

#2.) What are "the wants of the community?" Nobody agreed on any given title, and you don't specify what title you preferred.

#3.) This thread title was made by me because all the other popular suggestions were at least partially negative and I've been getting worn out by all the negativity in the OT recently. Of course making a nice, positive title that acknowledges the great work DGAF'ers have done with ToO carry trains just gets met with a deluge of snarky, mean-spirited posts.

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier but I was busy helping carry fellow DGAF'ers to Mercury and ToO loot before reset, and then sharing CPs over reset so that we could pass them throughout the community for the rest of the week.

edit:
And the title is a bit terrible. Hasn't been a great title since the Iron Banner and Suros one last year.

Of course by the time I respond to this post there's another post just like it on the same page. Seriously, can we please give the negativity a rest people? It's exhausting.

ich00

So sorry that I had to bail! Ugh its a lot harder than the videos make it look!

How's Skolas this week? Void burn seems like it'll be a bit easier.

Yea no worries! We had someone else come in and we tried a different strat, basically to the same results. In the end I'm guessing we should have tried it legit, but whatever, not a big deal. I got an ascended found verdict and spear out of it =D

I'd be up for giving it a shot on void with you guys at some point if your game. I really want to kill that pain in the ass!

Jinjo

Didn't seem to be for me. I ran through almost the entire PoE at 34 with my Warlock at level 33 the other day with Gaffer's and it was tricky, but not idiotically so - mostly good fun - until the last boss fight against Quodron where my weapons seemed to do zero damage and I died stupidly quickly so I was of very little use.

Its a shame so many players strategy has descended into 'HAVE GJALLARHORN'. For those of us that don't and have to try and legit encounters, its a bit off putting.

Except this week is not Qodron anymore. :D

ocean

Banned
I sure wish I could do a raid and get decent drops instead of energy and cloaks >.>
The Vault is no place for generosity. Seriously, they were crazy when they made that loot table. It's been 9 months and my Warlock still doesn't have a full VoG armor set, the true #forever29 :p

Namikaze1

I don't think anyone has had a problem with some very valid points of critique in the previous OT. No one is saying ToO is perfect.

It does not however justify people ragging on PvP like no tomorrow. Ofcourse the people who enjoy the mode are going to come in and say its not all bad.

People like this won't listen I'm afraid.
I don't have a problem with people coming in saying (insert game mode) is not bad. My problem lies with people coming in and attacking folks. There's no need to attack folks. If their opinions differ from yours, just explain why you love (insert mode) and move on. Don't go after them and start calling them things like childish or losers.

Not saying you did this by the way. Just in general.

radiohead1

Neo Member
I'm pretty new around here, and love all you Destiny freaks. It's nice to hang with some folks with the same level of addiction as me. It's like a support group!

So Iron Banner. I've never done it, because I didn't think I liked PvP, but after playing some very fun ToO this weekend, I think I'm starting to dig it. Is Iron Banner really frustrating to grind for somebody that is not great at PvP? What are the basics on how the reward system works?

(I know I can go searching for this information, but would love some input and opinions from you fine folks!)

E92 M3

Hard Crota was never that bad for me. Sure we spent 6 hours or so one attempt first day, but it was extremely satisfying when killing him. Always wondered why some took it so hard.

Top Bottom