• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Anyone want to drag a level 33 through the 34 PoE? I've done it this week on my lvl 34 characters and just need to finish the last one.

I come equipped with a 365 FB, Praedyths, Thunderlord, as well as a hit-or-miss sense of humor.

I'm ready to roll as soon as I get two more to join me.

LiK

I'm shocked so many people are asking to be carried. You guys are good enough for ToO. Don't sell yourselves short. We're the 1%.

ExVicis

I'm shocked so many people are asking to be carried. You guys are good enough for ToO. Don't sell yourselves short. We're the 1%.
I'm not the worst but my skill fluctuates too much to do any carrying. Also I still haven't done one single ToO match.

Deku Tree

Have you played ToO?
Some gaffers are going 9-0 over and over but others are getting wrecked over and over.
The competition level is every high.

Ken

UNACCEPTABLE

What playlist does it even come up in? Is it a HoW map cause I never play that playlist lol.

Have you played ToO?
Some gaffers are going 9-0 over and over but others are getting wrecked over and over.
The competition level is every high.

LiK's not wrong. ToO has been out for less than 12 hours and people have given up, or not even bother trying, and are already asking for carries?

Definity

Any streams of someone using a scout rifle in ToO? Would love to break out the VoC and give it a go on this map when i get home.

Dave_6

Might have found the best legendary Heavy Machine gun out there.

BTRD-345. Its fucking powerful and is stable to boot. I have smart drift control, casket mag and Rangefinder on it. But without casket its already 46 shots.

Shoots like Thunderlord but with maxed stability. Reload is really poor. I also have a perfect Jolder but you have to put field scout on it to make it useful, for this baby its not required and you can max stability or range instead.

Agreed! Got one two nights ago and it is a beast. Re-rolled mine a few times and came up with Hidden Hand and Crowd Control. Think I'm going to stick with that.

Agreed! Got one two nights ago and it is a beast. Re-rolled mine a few times and came up with Hidden Hand and Crowd Control. Think I'm going to stick with that.

Yeah it's pretty good! Probably replace my Hammer with it. Still debating if I should reroll it, the mid perks kind of suck.

OvCR5Y3.png

patchday

I've been to Mercury already. Only played Burning Shrine. I skipped Pantheon weekend.

Yeah the week Burning Shrine ran ToO was much better. The gafs I played with we fairly easily went 9-2 or whatever.

But Pantheon week.... I got killed with both gaf teams I went with. I felt like a scrub. Against randoms I go 1.52+ K/D. But last week I think it was low

I'd still like to roll with some gafs this weekend

LiK

eh, some people just really don't like PvP

True, but I think with a bit of practice everyone here can play real good in ToO. Not that much harder than Skirmish to me. The pressure is definitely higher for flawless victories but that's the only difference to me, personally.

stb

Can we not do the:

"anyone help/carry me in ToO?"
"I can't believe people are asking for carries!"
"But... I suck at ToO and want to play/enjoy it even if I don't get to Mercury"
"git gud"

... loop all weekend again this week?

Edit: I don't remember this happening over and over and over again when people were openly asking/offering to be carried/carry though NF or raids.

Deku Tree

True, but I think with a bit of practice everyone here can play real good in ToO. Not that much harder than Skirmish to me. The pressure is definitely higher for flawless victories but that's the only difference to me, personally.

From watching twitch it looks like there are a lot of pro teams and a lot of two all pro player carry trains. I think the requirement of a pre set fireteam raises the competiton level a lot over skirmish.

LiK

Can we not do the:

"anyone help/carry me in ToO?"
"I can't believe people are asking for carries!"
"But... I suck at ToO and want to play/enjoy it even if I don't get to Mercury"
"git gud"

... loop all weekend again this week?

It's the new "wanna raid?" :)

blackjaw

I have two RL friends that I play with regularly, we've gone 0-3 every week, at least 4-5 cards per week.

I get some kills and don't do terrible with normal teams. After playing with GAF or watching unstable/zoba i know the strats for the most part but my friends are just...not good. Not good at PVP or PvE.

That is why I ask for GAF carries, trains, etc. I can't do it with my RL friends, they just casually play to have fun and I tag along to help. Who else am I to ask?

P.S. Still haven't gone to Mercury...still trying

lt519

I significantly improved by playing ToO to where I am actually useful in IB now. But I don't think I'll ever get there on ToO, there is just another level of FPS playing that I don't have the years of experience. Never played Halo, COD, etc.

They did a good job of the ToO gear being good for PvP and the PoE gear being good for PoE and raids. Besides the initial race to 34 I haven't really wanted any of the ToO gear (besides it looking better) anyway since I primarily play PvE. You can still get the elemental primaries from Skolas and honestly that is easier for a lot of us than going 9-0. Kudos to Bungie for making top tier gear for both PvP and PvE players and making them pretty inline with each other minus some special perks.

Then they shouldn't play ToO.

Destiny isnt a game like CoD or Halo where you can pick it up exclusively for the cooperative or competitive content and vice versa. It ought to be, and perhaps they wanted it to be (and it has improved), but it isnt quite there yet. Bungie designed so many aspects of it to push players to experience both sides.

Therefore, i dont really believe in the "i dont play PvP" mindset anymore than i do if it were said about PvE. It's literally half of the game. I understand that PvE content requires a different set of skills - all you need is trial and error and proper gear to win - whereas PvP is largely dependent on skill. Nevertheless, i cant imagine id ever be satisfied with this game if i chose to ignore half of it. There simply isnt enough in that half. Or rather, you play one half when the other gets boring. Some of my clanmates groan when they see me doing a Raid and im just like "Yo i didnt buy this game to sweat in Skirmish all day".

Ghaleon dont hate me lol. I want the Faction mark conversion as much as anyone.

LiK

Btw, no offense to anyone from my comment. I was just surprised some hardcore players were asking to be carried. It's fine to play with great players who are already good in PVP to get better. I love you all.

We're 8-0 and on the final game, and on the final game literally EVERYONE gets home and starts needing to talk to me.

We lost.

I blame my family.

Top Bottom