• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

radiohead1

Neo Member
Just home from work! I would love to do a 32, 34, (or even 35) PoE or IB Train, or even ToO if anybody needs one for any of that!

psn = dorssom

LTWood12

On Vida, from work. :)

TEkYjKA.jpg

patchday

maybe they should get rid of the whole stupid key business. never seen an MMO that required everyone to have a stupid key of their own to get the loot lol

I'm sure there' some Korean grinder out there that has it but WoW/CoH/EVE didnt

stb

I think part of it is that it's pretty easy to carry people through PvE content, so maybe people have the same expectations with PvP.

For sure; and I think that was exacerbated by the easy with which Unstable could carry 2 at a time through the first week of ToO.

I'm not saying he didn't try hard or sweat, but I never felt worried I wasn't getting there. Probably presumptuous of me, but given his record that weekend, confidence abounded.

Last week wasn't the same, but more people offered to carry.

This week, there were no pre-made carry lists, and it doesn't seem like anyone is planning on it. I'm not sure if that's related to the quasi-implosion that happened here last Saturday (I think it was Saturday), the particular map, getting burned out by Trials and/or carrying, or some combination.

That said, one negative thing that trials DOES do is encourages people to ditch their pals. I raid with the same people every week, but when Trials rolls around, we know we can't play it together, or there's 0 chance of getting any rewards (even the armor for 5 wins). Our options are skip it, or look for people better than us to play with to at least get the armor.

We were apprehensive about PoE's 3-person activities going into HoW after doing 6-man stuff for so long, but ToO takes it a step further. not only is it half as many people, but you have to make sure the people you're grouped with are "good" or you're just wasting your time.

I kinda feel like the whole thing (Trials) is a failure, to be honest. I've said it before, but all the really good players are going to burn out and/or get all the gear (that they care about), ascend literally every legendary they own (9 etheric a week,just from ToO), and have diminished incentive to play after 2 months. People not 3x-ing Mercury every week get frustrated and dejected and abandon the mode entirely. I'd wager DAU in Trials has been significantly lower week over week.

lt519

I think if one person opens it, everyone should be able to loot...I mean the chest is open right, we just throwing extra keys inside it?

You'd think some gjallahorns could "pick" the kick too. Let's get some armor made of that chest material

maybe they should get rid of the whole stupid key business. never seen an MMO that required everyone to have a stupid key of their own to get the loot lol

But the keys are worthless. The loots pretty rubbish, so it doesn't matter if you have a key or not.

the keys were fine when it tied into the patrol stuff. those were fun for a while but its more of an annoyance these days now that nobody is on patrol anymore

firehawk12

Subete no aware
We were apprehensive about PoE's 3-person activities going into HoW after doing 6-man stuff for so long, but ToO takes it a step further. not only is it half as many people, but you have to make sure the people you're grouped with are "good" or you're just wasting your time.

I kinda feel like the whole thing (Trials) is a failure, to be honest. I've said it before, but all the really good players are going to burn out and/or get all the gear (that they care about), ascend literally every legendary they own (9 etheric a week,just from ToO), and have diminished incentive to play after 2 months. People not 3x-ing Mercury every week get frustrated and dejected and abandon the mode entirely. I'd wager DAU in Trials has been significantly lower week over week.
I feel like 3 for PvE severely broke the game, especially for people with groups, because it's either splitting up or rotating between people. They probably have no way to make scalable difficulty based on number of players (something I've seen in Titanfall's horde mode, of all places), so there will never be a fix for that.

But the churn is going to be the same regardless, which I think is why they went the extra step of making all the weapon drops at Mercury/Skolas have random rolls. So even if you get that handcannon you want, if it's not in Solar, they know you will be back the next week.

I also see ToO dropping off too, although there are people who just like playing the mode because of the stakes of not losing. But with PoE, you can still do a pick up group here very easily and beat Skolas. You really can't do that with ToO as much.

One thing that could save ToO, but would never happen because it would infuriate too many people, is if they made it matchmaking only. Or change it so that it was Rumble and make it a FFA and theoretically everyone had a chance at winning without finding the "carry" group.

so then why do we need a key if all the loot is worthless?
Ciphers, I suppose.
That and the chance at new exotic armor if you can't get it from NF and Xur never sells it (the boots, specifically).

Ken

I really hope with Comet, Bungie goes back and updates all the pre-TDB upgrade trees to the simplified HoW ones.

patchday

yeah but my point was it just seems to break immersion when you watch a teammate open the chest and yet- the other teammates get nothing. I dunno just seems like bad design

patchday

I really hope with Comet, Bungie goes back and updates all the pre-TDB upgrade trees to the simplified HoW ones.

yeah im running low on armor mats again. Whatever gaffer said when HoW comes out we wouldn't need to grind for armor mats anymore was 100% dead wrong

bitsurugi

3x Mercury done, too bad there wasn't a single piece of loot i needed :D

This map is sniper heaven, really enjoyed the matches this week.

What about Fate of all Fools, anyone got it this week, haven't been on reddit since launch of ToO.

Top Bottom