• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

patchday

Got booted out of a ToO group because they didn't think I was good.

Welp. I was excited to try again this weekend.

man that's rough. Right now I consider myself practicing so I only like to run it with others that's doing the same. I really could care less bout mercury, etc. All my guys are already 34 along with my 365 Fatebringer. So I'm just in it for giggles

But for primary pvp I've always played other games. I enjoy this game with gaf community.

Trakan

the distribution is fine. both parts of the game give you "equal" rewards. its the frequency that sucks. In the time it takes to get two elemental primaries from Trials on top of other weapon drops, you can go a whole PoE without grabbing anything but a Queen weapon and some cores. That's some BS, especially when nothing drops from Skolas

Skolas should have a higher drop rate for sure. It feels even worse when the lighthouse has a guaranteed elemental primary.

It's way harder to get to the lighthouse than it is to beat POE.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Your back is ready for this. Carry them to victory, Hawkian!
You are strong... you can do that ;)
welp
CGxZ8iZUcAAIUf5.jpg
i wanted to do the heroic for some coins to buy more heavy synths... considering how many i used to get us through that i'm pretty sure it's a wash

Mindlog

Legit Skola kill can be legitimately tough.
Aegis of the Kell. Yes, a drop!
Solar Pulse Rifle... damn.

Would pay a lot of resources for a Void Scout Rifle.
If I buy an exotic engram I will just get praxic fire. The one time I buy chest engrams and don't want praxic fire.
I got two Titan Alpha Lupis (one with a better roll than the one I had), three Praxic Fires and some other piece of crap.

Gragen

Anyone have any tips on 500 void damage for Thorn as a hunter in crucible? I'm about a 1.0 kdr but just using special and heavy I can't get it.

MildSoss

welp

i wanted to do the heroic for some coins to buy more heavy synths... considering how many i used to get us through that i'm pretty sure it's a wash

Doing Omnigul with no burn WHILE carrying two random 30's? You sir have my respect, I would of exited as soon as I saw them. lol

patchday

welp

man you should lay down and take a break. I'm sure your back hurts from carrying that heavy load :)

Deku Tree

It's way harder to get to the lighthouse than it is to beat POE.

That depends upon how good you are at PvP and how much you play PvP and whether or not you have a regular group of PvP pros to play ToO with.

But whether it's harder is not the point.
Skolas has to have the worst drop percentages in the game for the elemental weapons. Add to that if you want a void scout rifle with a not-worthless second perk then since the burn is RNG and the perks are RNG and only two of them are not-ridiculously worthless then your chances of getting it are so small that it's just not worth hoping to ever get.

I don't have a problem with the loot from ToO what I have a problem with is the huge difference between the generosity of the loot from ToO vs PoE.

ocean

Banned
I........... I can't even.

Mercury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was on Nghtly's stream and he was using a randomizer to pick people watching to get carried in ToO. WheelHoss was selected but wasn't on the stream when they called out. I turn my PS4 off cause there's 50+ people watching and it's silly to think I'm up next. Up next: me.

Hype.

We go 5-0 then two straight losses. One totally on me being the biggest scrub alive, the other due to morale being down. I'm like well thanks anyways I'll at least get my gloves.... and Nghtly's like dude whut get another passage, you're going flawless. I couldn't believe they'd take the time to start over with a stranger.

We go back with a vengeance. FarNorthLegend and Nghtly go full beast mode. 9 - 0. Never used my Mercy.

Got an Arc Jewel (so nice), Hard Light, Knucklehead Radar and the Trials Helmet (now have the full armor set).

This is too good. Hands still shaking.

border

Anyone have any tips on 500 void damage for Thorn as a hunter in crucible? I'm about a 1.0 kdr but just using special and heavy I can't get it.

Get a good void shotgun, and just camp the control points in a control match. Cloak behind something or around a corner and blast people as they arrive. You won't be dying very much since you aren't running around all over the map making yourself a target, and you'll slowly rack up void points. When heavy ammo drops, use a void machine gun and play it safe.

Deku Tree

welp

Unless you used 45 synth (and that would have taken almost four hours with the cool down) then it can't possibly have been a wash. GG on the carry Hawk!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I actually do sort of feel like I need a rest, lol.

Congrats ocean. :) I know I won't ever forget my first trip to the Lighthouse.
Unless you used 45 synth (and that would have taken almost four hours with the cool down) then it can't possibly have been a wash. GG on the carry Hawk!
ahhh I was thinking 1 coin per synth. thanks for the reminder, carry redeemed!

Mercury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was on Nghtly's stream and he was using a randomizer to pick people watching to get carried in ToO. WheelHoss was selected but wasn't on the stream when they called out. I turn my PS4 off cause there's 50+ people watching and it's silly to think I'm up next. Up next: me.

Hype.

We go 5-0 then two straight losses. One totally on me being the biggest scrub alive, the other due to morale being down. I'm like well thanks anyways I'll at least get my gloves.... and Nghtly's like dude whut get another passage, you're going flawless. I couldn't believe they'd take the time to start over with a stranger.

We go back with a vengeance. FarNorthLegend and Nghtly go full beast mode. 9 - 0. Never used my Mercy.

Got an Arc Jewel (so nice), Hard Light, Knucklehead Radar and the Trials Helmet (now have the full armor set).

Congrats, man! Mercury looks great. Make sure to explore it and save a clip because it's hard to see it every week.

Trakan

I don't have a problem with the loot from ToO what I have a problem with is the huge difference between the generosity of the loot from ToO vs PoE.

The huge difference is fair for what is asked of the player IMO.

Maybe they should just add POE armor drops to Skolas.

Lnkn52

Hype.

That is awesome! I can't believe Nghtly is only 14 though.

Atone13

Hype.

lol, grats!!

So I have access to Lighthouse until reset right?

Correct

patchday

Hype.

ah so thats how the ToO helmet is earned. Grats!!!! That's a good way to increase his viewers.

just did weekly strike. as if omnigul wasnt dumb enough my one teammate for 90% of the strike managed to get himself killed every 10 seconds (and that is being generous) despite being a fireborn sunsinger. guess who got the legendary engram?

smh

Congrats, man! Glad my fuckup turned into something good.

And you were kicking ass a lot of the time. I saw.

Hype.

nice. glad they were able to get to ya. nghtly in particular takes the losses personally.

That is awesome! I can't believe Nghtly is only 14 though.

giphy.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
just did weekly strike. as if omnigul wasnt dumb enough my one teammate for 90% of the strike managed to get himself killed every 10 seconds (and that is being generous) despite being a fireborn sunsinger. guess who got the legendary engram?

smh
haha, in my screenshot above, here is the Extreme Hive Action loadout the dude who got the legendary engram was rocking at level 30 in the final room

Her Right Hand (not maxed)
Vestian Dynasty (dat disorient to Captains)
Truth (for all the stuff with void shields of course, tracking not unlocked)

there was lots of dying.

cilonen

Legit Skola kill can be legitimately tough.
Aegis of the Kell. Yes, a drop!
Solar Pulse Rifle... damn.

Would pay a lot of resources for a Void Scout Rifle.

I got two Titan Alpha Lupis (one with a better roll than the one I had), three Praxic Fires and some other piece of crap.

That was super intense. Glad we got it done in the end. Many thanks to you and Jay :)

Edit: I got the ship, shader, emblem, yet another Titan mark, a third queen RL and the bounty to do. Good times.

Mindlog

Sold. 300 Strange Coins a fair price?

smh
This weekly is really fun with melee focused characters. Punchbros with Monte Carlos can spawn infinite orbs. When I went in with my Titan the other two slowly figured out what I was doing and joined in. Randoms can be great sometimes.
That was super intense. Glad we got it done in the end. Many thanks to you and Jay :)

Edit: I got the ship, shader, emblem, yet another Titan mark, a third queen RL and the bounty to do. Good times.
Bow or Shotgun. Both are fun. Thanks for the run!

The Nghtly stream is great. I caught a few early games and they were still feeling the map out. Now Thorn has been dropped in favor of TLW and a lot more aggressive movement. Neat to watch that progression.

So whenever I activate my super in the air, while shoulder charge is available, I shoulder charge instead of casting my super. That is terrible. They should fix that.

rc213

Congrats, man! Glad my fuckup turned into something good.

And you were kicking ass a lot of the time. I saw.

Get a good void shotgun, and just camp the control points in a control match. Cloak behind something or around a corner and blast people as they arrive. You won't be dying very much since you aren't running around all over the map making yourself a target, and you'll slowly rack up void points. When heavy ammo drops, use a void machine gun and play it safe.

I just got it on my hunter last night. Thanks for the tips

smh

I had a guy trying to kill me and killing the other guy over and over until he left. Crazy!

Now any trains for Iron Banner going? So close to Level for that light!

Top Bottom