• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Namikaze1

I still wish we had gotten a raid or the very least, new difficulties for existing ones. Add modifiers or something to them. Increase the drop loot as well. Hell, take away checkpoints for Very Hard Mode.

Are we seriously all bitching at each other on a reset Tuesday?

Let's try to keep the negativity out of here for just a bit. Call it a Bitching Timeout.

Voicing negative opinions is fine. Making EVERY comment a negative one though is pretty weak.

phen0m24

Are we seriously all bitching at each other on a reset Tuesday?

Let's try to keep the negativity out of here for just a bit. Call it a Bitching Timeout.

Voicing negative opinions is fine. Making EVERY comment a negative one though is pretty weak.

This man needs a Gjallarhorn and it is Tuesday. Narmer Quest continues.

deadduck

I needed to grind the 1000 point cipher yesterday, with friends doing other stuff I thought i'd matchmake on a 28.

First go: one guy just killing himself with rockets on purpose over and over. Left after second round.

Second go: One guy (with flawless emblem) just stood still after the first round. Would get revived, move one foot (so he wasn't inactive) and just wait to die. Wouldn't come to/from airlock dragging it out even further. Had to leave.

People cant be trusted on easy content, let alone something more taxing. I hope they never bring in any more matchmaking.

ocean

Banned
Do new raid loot drop have the new max light? Like instead of wasting an etheric light couldn't I just run some raids?

Also WheelHoss I'm only level 33 and need to do it 2x, I won't be upset if you want to pick someone else up. I see Snake113 up for grab.
Old stuff drops with old upgrade tree. This week I bought the Nothing Manacles and couldn't believe it. An Exotic at 42 Light right off the bat with exactly 3 bubbles. No Shards no Etherics no nothing. Then I saw Alpha Lipi with the old huge tree with defense bubbles and aesthetic Light and everything and moaned.

ocean

Banned
I still wish we had gotten a raid or the very least, new difficulties for existing ones. Add modifiers or something to them. Increase the drop loot as well. Hell, take away checkpoints for Very Hard Mode.
Been saying for months I'd love a harder VoG. Before Ascending was introduced I imagined the following:

Vault of Glass
Level cap (not +1 level, so 34 now)
Epic modifier (shields everywhere like NFs - fear the supplicants)
Shorter timer on Oracles

And to have that drop max-attack/defense VoG gear, new emblem shader ship and class item. No ascendants in the loot table.

Namikaze1

PoE, while a good idea in theory, is just not a great replacement for a raid. It doesn't help that the drop loot is really low and tied to a single enemy. It also doesn't help that the purchasable gear have terrible stats and most of the PoE weapons are terrible all around. The big chest rewards are mostly a joke. Who is gonna want most of the Queen weapons? ToO will end up just being pro folks going against each other in a few weeks once everyone has gotten the armor and weapons they want. That is of course if Bungie doesn't hold a piece of gear back.

Ken

Prison of Elders could have probably been made into a decent raid using the assets they already had. Make it a linear tour through the prison where you're sent to control an outbreak of inmates and you have to go through Cabal, Vex, Hive, and Fallen areas with the Skolas fight as the final boss. Then you have Urrox, Qodron, shield-changing Cabal guy, and a Servitor be the bosses before him as their mechanics are pretty decent for a raid encounter. Add a few puzzles and trash between each and you got a raid.

Only reason I could think of as to why they deferred to what it currently is is that they wanted the initial set of "year 1" raids to be themed around a single race each? Idk.

I do appreciate the shift to 3-man content though, especially as someone who doesn't really have 5 other friends who play the game enough. But I think I definitely enjoy the "adventure" aspect of the traditional raids over the horde mode.

spyder_ur

When does IB go live? And do we know what the light level on the armor will be? I'm assuming 36.

Also, when they say "Lower-ranked Guardians on your account will receive a reputation boost to catch up to your higher-ranked Guardian more quickly"? Does this mean lower level players get more rep, i.e. a level 27 would level up faster than a level 33? Or does it mean that if you start playing with your Titan and get to rank 4, then it will be faster to progress with your Warlock?

HUGE thanks to Drizzy (and friend) who just helped me get to the Lighthouse for the first time ever. Got a great haul:

- Jewel of Osiris (void)

- Purifier Robes (warlock exotic chest armor; "activating radiance from death disorients nearby enemies")

- Gloves of the Exile (legendary gauntlets; increase reload speed for hand cannons and heavy weapons)

Along with the usual etheric light and all.

Thanks again!

Something positive, hooray! Those were really fun runs and you carried us the first match for sure. Two free wins from quitters was icing on the cake. I wish I'd gotten online earlier so that we would've had time to finish M3Rocket's Flawless run but at least he got some boots and would've had another ELight except the Passage cards reset right at the weekly reset. :-/

Its no big deal. I'll make a new nicer one at some point and give it to you.

Cool, sounds good. Just shoot me a PM and I'll update the OP.

t0rment

PoE, while a good idea in theory, is just not a great replacement for a raid. It doesn't help that the drop loot is really low and tied to a single enemy. It also doesn't help that the purchasable gear have terrible stats and most of the PoE weapons are terrible all around. The big chest rewards are mostly a joke. Who is gonna want most of the Queen weapons? ToO will end up just being pro folks going against each other in a few weeks once everyone has gotten the armor and weapons they want. That is of course if Bungie doesn't hold a piece of gear back.

yep. PoE is just lazy, awful arenas with repetitive and annoying objectives. once i get the etheric light i need i'm never playing those again, while i still run the raids every week.

Atone13

When does IB go live? And do we know what the light level on the armor will be? I'm assuming 36.

Also, when they say "Lower-ranked Guardians on your account will receive a reputation boost to catch up to your higher-ranked Guardian more quickly"? Does this mean lower level players get more rep, i.e. a level 27 would level up faster than a level 33? Or does it mean that if you start playing with your Titan and get to rank 4, then it will be faster to progress with your Warlock?

Pretty sure this is a catchup mechanic to reduce the grind for your other characters. If you have three guardians and you raise one's IB rank a few levels, the your other characters will gain rep at an accelerated rate based on your highest IB rank. So if you get one guy to rank 5, getting the next two characters there won't take as long.

Kalamari

I think it just means that lower ranked characters will level faster if you have a rank 5 character. I don't know the specifics, but I think that's how it will work. I don't think character level will come into play at all.

Gonna ascend either VoC or perhaps a found verdict... Thoughts? I only have the etheric for one at the moment.

Hard choice! I would lean towards VoC, one of the few good and reliable solar primaries unless you got lucky on pulling a solar Jewel. I think there are alternatives for Found Verdict, but it is still a great shotgun.

ich00

I needed to grind the 1000 point cipher yesterday, with friends doing other stuff I thought i'd matchmake on a 28.

First go: one guy just killing himself with rockets on purpose over and over. Left after second round.

Second go: One guy (with flawless emblem) just stood still after the first round. Would get revived, move one foot (so he wasn't inactive) and just wait to die. Wouldn't come to/from airlock dragging it out even further. Had to leave.

People cant be trusted on easy content, let alone something more taxing. I hope they never bring in any more matchmaking.

I'm going to post this and now jinx my good luck: I've only had one bad matchmaking experience, and that was a weekly where the one guy did nothing and got a legendary engram. Otherwise it's been good people I've been matched with.

There's enough bad stories to see that matchmaking really doesn't work great 100% of the time. If nothing else they should make it optional, if I want to play an encounter and trust my loot to RNG I should have the option to trust my teammates to RNG.

spyder_ur

Gonna ascend either VoC or perhaps a found verdict... Thoughts? I only have the etheric for one at the moment.

I've got 7 sitting around but ran out of glimmer yesterday. I'm probably going to do them both today but I would probably go VoC first. Considering Praedyth's Revenge too.

E92 M3

I think it will be a 20% boost to experience gained or something along those lines.

In terms of getting exotics from Brother Vance or Mercury: it hasn't happened once!

Speaking of Mercury, why can't we always have that place unlocked? It's so beautiful and I love idling there while I'm doing something. It won't harm anyone to have it unlocked permanently.

willow ve

The second would be great. Get to level 3 on your main - your other 2 alts get a rep boost (like a 25% nightfall boost) to encourage people to play on multiple characters.

As this is the ONLY way to get etheric light via matchmaking I'll need to hit IB hard this week to finally get some weapons upgraded / get a single character to 34.

Ken

I think it will be a 20% boost to experience gained or something along those lines.

In terms of getting exotics from Brother Vance or Mercury: it hasn't happened once!

Speaking of Mercury, why can't we always have that place unlocked? It's so beautiful and I love idling there while I'm doing something. It won't harm anyone to have it unlocked permanently.

Cause they want you to idle with all the other idlers in the Reef/Tower to make it look busy.

ich00

PoE weapons are terrible?!? But but I just opened a Judgment’s Chance or whatever and got The Last Rebellion in Void that has a Fallen Captain perk, it's gonna be awesome and useful!
for the weapon parts and glimmer

bitsurugi

Agree with you Nami.

Weapons are also terrible, the 2nd perk should be a bonus, not a replacement!
Also, PoE is still not random at all, it's not a horde mode. You have 4 arenas, same modifiers, same map per enemy... i wanted a totally random modifier/arena/map!

This way, already after 3 weeks is getting too repetitive.
Can't imagine anyone running PoE after a month or 2.

Jinjo

I'd argue that the Queen's weapons are actually a lot better than the PoE "raid" weapons

Namikaze1

The only PoE legendary weapon worth getting is the sniper rifle. The launcher is terrible. The pistol is decent but you have much better options. The shotgun is okay if you're in need of a solar shotgun for PvE. Outside of that, it's useless. Fusion rifle isn't that good. Scout isn't a good replacement for other scouts. Machine gun sucks. The AR? Please don't get me started on that.

It doesn't help that Bungie for some strange reason decided that they'll be replacing the second perk with shitty fallen ones.

spyder_ur

Pretty sure this is a catchup mechanic to reduce the grind for your other characters. If you have three guardians and you raise one's IB rank a few levels, the your other characters will gain rep at an accelerated rate based on your highest IB rank. So if you get one guy to rank 5, getting the next two characters there won't take as long.

I think it just means that lower ranked characters will level faster if you have a rank 5 character. I don't know the specifics, but I think that's how it will work. I don't think character level will come into play at all.

Yup that makes sense. That's good news. Should be able to get all three guys to level 3 for etheric I think.

ocean

Banned
What are some of the best Vanguard/Crucible/Faction weapons to have? I have maxed 200 on all of my 3 characters.
I'm really happy with the New Monarchy Rocket Launcher. Max blast radius, rolled until I got 3 rocket mag + proximity detonation and quick reload. Only downside is low velocity. They also have a superb shotgun (Judgment VI) provided you roll for the right perks.

Vanguard Sniper is low impact/high RoF with very good aim assist. Rolled Hidden Hand, Unflinching, Ambush scope and a stability perk. Really nice for PvP. Finally there's the Dead Orbit Scout. Really nice gun with the right perks.

Missed out on against all odds. Are any of the machine guns worth buying?

Top Bottom