• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

XenoRaven

Pretty bummed out right now. Just feel like this community isn't really what it used to be for gathering together and doing stuff anymore. Maybe it's because HoW just came out but it seems like it's impossible to gather a consistent Nightfall group unless you play with your regular squad of threes and it's even more difficult to get a Trials group going. I tried to gather groups last week and this week and it's just difficult to get something going anymore. Maybe I'm just not getting on at the right times but considering the game requires you to invest time into playing with others and wait on others and stuff I just don't feel like playing Destiny anymore.

Even just now when I thought I was going to play an Iron Banner with 5 other people, I find out that I was just replaced because there was another person who just happened to join even though the group of 6 including myself had just finished Crota's End and agreed on getting an IB train together. I just feel like this community just has a churn and burn status and everyone's pretty much a number. Maybe I just can't invest time into a multiplayer game or there's just something wrong with the community but me being burned on not even getting a spot on an Iron Banner group was just the last straw. Sorry guys. Hope you guys enjoy the game.
Sorry to hear your experience hasn't been great. If I can provide any suggestions I would say that patience is a virtue. Like any community, you have to somewhat establish yourself before you're really accepted as a regular.

I don't really know how to put this nicely so I'll just be blunt. If your only contribution to this thread is asking for groups, it's probably going to be hard for you to find groups. People make connections and form little cliques and that's just part of a community this large. I would encourage you to be a part of the game and balance discussion that happens here often. I would encourage you to try to use any sort of connections you have. For example, I knew Kadey from the SF community, and I watch and chat in Unstable's stream all the time. That helped me become more established here, even though I've only been posting for a month.

I know you post in the FFXIV thread, and we have some XIV people here, like me and Ken. I'm XenoRaven on PSN. Add me if you want. I'll probably be willing to help you with weeklies or Nightfalls whenever, and I'll try to get you into any raid groups I'm a part of if possible. The only thing I probably won't do is ToO because I'm really selective about who I run with. Anything else, I'm usually game for.

Hope this helps.

Welp. Stayed up 2.5 hours longer than I wanted to. Going to be working on 5 hours of sleep tomorrow. But I went 9-0! Got decimated once on our second game. Rolled the last 7 for the trip to mercury.

Got a Solar Messenger as my reward. That's the gun i wanted. Not the element. But I'm still happy with it.

That was the most fun I've ever had. This map is really good, IMO.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sorry to hear your experience hasn't been great. If I can provide any suggestions I would say that patience is a virtue. Like any community, you have to somewhat establish yourself before you're really accepted as a regular.

I don't really know how to put this nicely so I'll just be blunt. If your only contribution to this thread is asking for groups, it's probably going to be hard for you to find groups. People make connections and form little cliques and that's just part of a community this large. I would encourage you to be a part of the game and balance discussion that happens here often. I would encourage you to try to use any sort of connections you have. For example, I knew Kadey from the SF community, and I watch and chat in Unstable's stream all the time. That helped me become more established here, even though I've only been posting for a month.

I know you post in the FFXIV thread, and we have some XIV people here, like me and Ken. I'm XenoRaven on PSN. Add me if you want. I'll probably be willing to help you with weeklies or Nightfalls whenever, and I'll try to get you into any raid groups I'm a part of if possible. The only thing I probably won't do is ToO because I'm really selective about who I run with. Anything else, I'm usually game for.

Hope this helps.

The issue with this is that I've helped numerous groups before and there are people on here who know who I am. I'm not infamous or anything so I don't expect most people to know me. The thing that really bugged me was that I was invited to help with 2 runs of CE and granted I had something to benefit from this as well but I was invited to help and so I did. The end result was that I ended up being ditched for an IB group with the same people that agreed we'd do IB together because someone else joined in before me. That pretty much gave me an idea that I'm not really willing to invest time into people like that exist in the community. Granted, I'm sure not everyone is like this but I've never been so betrayed like that in a community so I just don't feel like putting up with it. Before HoW came out, I helped and taught and coached numerous players in this community on how to properly sword weild, how to properly run CE, and even take care of VoG. I've had patience and the past two weeks indicated to me that things have changed and it's just not fun for me to interact with a community where I'm not getting exposure to those that will help and those who do help are people that treat me like I'm some number.

I find it quite odd that I ran skolas on each character this week, but have yet to step into the 32/34 variations.

What's the general consensus on the TOS map this week?

Is it a sniper delight or can you go with shotguns?

I'd go with a sniper's delight(the enemies were delighted to kill me.)

I have a left over etheric light. Do I use it on my Fatebringer, Blackhammer, VoC, Her Benevolence (hidden hand, and better aim under fire perk, solar), Praedtyths Revenge, or Arc Party Crasher+1 with field choke, shot package, small bored barrel, and luck in the chamber?

Pretty bummed out right now. Just feel like this community isn't really what it used to be for gathering together and doing stuff anymore. Maybe it's because HoW just came out but it seems like it's impossible to gather a consistent Nightfall group unless you play with your regular squad of threes and it's even more difficult to get a Trials group going. I tried to gather groups last week and this week and it's just difficult to get something going anymore. Maybe I'm just not getting on at the right times but considering the game requires you to invest time into playing with others and wait on others and stuff I just don't feel like playing Destiny anymore.

Even just now when I thought I was going to play an Iron Banner with 5 other people, I find out that I was just replaced because there was another person who just happened to join even though the group of 6 including myself had just finished Crota's End and agreed on getting an IB train together. I just feel like this community just has a churn and burn status and everyone's pretty much a number. Maybe I just can't invest time into a multiplayer game or there's just something wrong with the community but me being burned on not even getting a spot on an Iron Banner group was just the last straw. Sorry guys. Hope you guys enjoy the game.
Sorry to hear that, I remember playing with you in VoG and Crota's end :( personally I save spots in order of post :/ nonetheless I don't play that much anymore. Have not done IB since...Feb. I still try to help out with nightfalls if I see people posting about them and not getting a reply. Either way I hope to play again with you one day. Take it easy.

kayos90

Sorry to hear that, I remember playing with you in VoG and Crota's end :( personally I save spots in order of post :/ nonetheless I don't play that much anymore. Have not done IB since...Feb. I still try to help out with nightfalls if I see people posting about them and not getting a reply. Either way I hope to play again with you one day. Take it easy.

Thanks for helping out all those times iRAWR. I really appreciate it. =)

XenoRaven

The issue with this is that I've helped numerous groups before and there are people on here who know who I am. I'm not infamous or anything so I don't expect most people to know me. The thing that really bugged me was that I was invited to help with 2 runs of CE and granted I had something to benefit from this as well but I was invited to help and so I did. The end result was that I ended up being ditched for an IB group with the same people that agreed we'd do IB together because someone else joined in before me. That pretty much gave me an idea that I'm not really willing to invest time into people like that exist in the community. Granted, I'm sure not everyone is like this but I've never been so betrayed like that in a community so I just don't feel like putting up with it. Before HoW came out, I helped and taught and coached numerous players in this community on how to properly sword weild, how to properly run CE, and even take care of VoG. I've had patience and the past two weeks indicated to me that things have changed and it's just not fun for me to interact with a community where I'm not getting exposure to those that will help and those who do help are people that treat me like I'm some number.
If that's the case, then I'm sorry that happened to you, and I hope I wasn't one of the people that ended up repping you in the IB group. Again, if you want to add me on PSN, and I'll keep an eye out for any of your LFG posts. I don't blame you if you don't want to bother though.

LiK

first thing you should do is to delete them off your list and never play with them again. there's no need to quit the community over that one incident. there are other people here who will play with you.

Thanks for helping out all those times iRAWR. I really appreciate it. =)

I'm always looking for people to raid and PoE with. I usually play with my friends but we usually don't have a full 6. You'll be free to jump right into out party chat and play.

My PSN is Hoffelcopter.

Zocano

Great for both. It may look like a huge map, but it's actually quite small.

It's easily one of the best 3v3 maps in the game.

Meh.

I think it's too big and too prone to cat-and-mouse gameplay. Not a big fan and would prefer more forced confrontations.

Meh.

I think it's too big and too prone to cat-and-mouse gameplay. Not a big fan and would prefer more forced confrontations.

There are paths to go to kind of bait people into close range battles. But most groups I've seen have just stayed back.

I'm not a great pvp player, but the more dominating games I had on this map is when we rushed the opposition fairly aggressively with grenades and thorns. For the most part they were long distance at first then moved to more close combat as we rushed their ghosts.

kayos90

I'm always looking for people to raid and PoE with. I usually play with my friends but we usually don't have a full 6. You'll be free to jump right into out party chat and play.

My PSN is Hoffelcopter.

Thanks.

first thing you should do is to delete them off your list and never play with them again. there's no need to quit the community over that one incident. there are other people here who will play with you.

Considering 5 other people were totally fine with what happened, I guess I should delete all 5.

If that's the case, then I'm sorry that happened to you, and I hope I wasn't one of the people that ended up repping you in the IB group. Again, if you want to add me on PSN, and I'll keep an eye out for any of your LFG posts. I don't blame you if you don't want to bother though.

I'm pretty much out for the duration. The people I interacted with in the community, new and old, was pretty much the reason I kept playing since the game isn't necessarily the most compelling thing in the world. I always play games primarily for the people. It's why I like the FF14 community so much despite not interacting with them so much on a regular basis. Like people have pointed out, this one incident doesn't indicate the whole but I'm still pretty burned regardless. I will keep an eye out though .Thanks for your words.

RdN

Woah, the bonus for secondary characters on the Iron Banner really moves things along.

I got to lvl 5 with my Hunter (wanted that cloak!) and was still in the mood for some game, so I got into it with my Warlock. I got all the contracts completed, must have played around 10 matches, and I'm already 3/4 on Rank 2!

Getting that Rank 3 Etheric Light with all characters will be pretty easy.

MildSoss

I remember playing with you a few times and even cheesing Atheon off the platform back in the forever 29 days. haha

I'm always down to play with anyone so don't be afraid to invite me either, hell, we can even get an IB train going right now if any one is interested.

Ramirez

Three more trips to Mercury nets me another No Land Beyond & Hardlight (got a HL from the NF earlier today as well!). Hawkmoon is not on my loot table, it is known.

gatti-man

It's pretty rare that I ever play with gaf people. Not because I don't like them but bc they seem to be very cliquish. I'm in the chat and what not but I get far FAR better luck out of R/fireteams from redditt. I'm going to play ToO this Sunday all day psn Gatti-man if you want to do that or some Poe I'm always down.

LiK

It's pretty rare that I ever play with gaf people. Not because I don't like them but bc they seem to be very cliquish. I'm in the chat and what not but I get far FAR better luck out of R/fireteams from redditt. I'm going to play ToO this Sunday all day psn Gatti-man if you want to do that or some Poe I'm always down.

really? just ask and people will openly invite you to play. you don't even need to party chat for most stuff.

May I ask what you mean by "cliquish"? When I did play a lot I try to play with different people thus I have ~500 DGAF on my friends list. I always tried my best to make new people feel welcome as best I can. I even still lurk and post somewhat often even though my play time has been reduce a great deal. Nonetheless it's important to make everyone feel welcome and they have a place and home here IMO.

squadr0n

I was told there was a new way to convert my mote of light into strage coins in one of the latest updates. IS THIS TRUE? And if so where is the vendor located?

Top Bottom