• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

ocean

Banned
Yeah I've also been posting since Alpha and don't have a regular group for anything. I kind of just ask around or join parties to ask if there's a spot :p

Kwakye94

Neo Member
What's the best Boss farming route, for the elder cipher? I'm thinking its the lvl 32 - 2 mini bosses and then the big one at the end (and i dont have to go through skolas ordeal again O_O)

Ken

Iron Banner has eaten all my glimmer. Need to make more glimmer to buy 4 Etheric Lights, 3 gloves, 2 boots, 1 mark, and the scout rifle. Ughhh.

SkylineRKR

Finally got Matador and rolled it with Field choke/aggressive, Shot package, Rifled barrel and Rodeo. I guess Rodeo is useless but I feel I shouldn't reroll?

Finally got Matador and rolled it with Field choke/aggressive, Shot package, Rifled barrel and Rodeo. I guess Rodeo is useless but I feel I shouldn't reroll?

You don't need stability in a shotgun and luck in the round/final round is optimal.

I got mine in a few rolls, you should at least give it a shot.

ocean

Banned
Iron Banner has eaten all my glimmer. Need to make more glimmer to buy 4 Etheric Lights, 3 gloves, 2 boots, 1 mark, and the scout rifle. Ughhh.
I've been waiting for someone to call for a Gatekeepers glimmer farm route :( I need it too

RemiLP

I got one with army of one as a last perk. It still awesome. I think the last perk is more of a bonus. I dont think its needed to reroll unless you have more motes, glimmer and weapond parts than u can use :p

So Etheric light can be bought from rank 3 in Iron Banner right? My only chance to play will be on Monday evening (damn holidays!). With the class item, emblem and shader equipped and with the tempered buff, how much time would I need to play to reach rank 3 on a single character?
Also, does Etheric light cost glimmer? Motes?

RemiLP

So Etheric light can be bought from rank 3 in Iron Banner right? My only chance to play will be on Monday evening (damn holidays!). With the class item, emblem and shader equipped and with the tempered buff, how much time would I need to play to reach rank 3 on a single character?

Cost 5000 i think

An average of 25-30 games to get to rank 3 if you got everything.

So I'm guessing a few hours?

SkylineRKR

Play until you got all bounties and I think you're close. The monday buff is really high.

ocean

Banned
If you have all the buffs today you'll get 106 per win (Tempered is 60% today, Shader/Emblem/Class item buff 10% each 50 base rep per win *1.6*1.1*1.2*1.1=106). Bounties, normally worth 100 rep, will be boosted to 212.

Starting at rank 0, reaching rank 3 requires 3700 rep.

So basically depending on the amount of bounties you can do and your win/loss ratio it should be somewhere between 30 and 40 matches.

I think i've had my fill of House of Wolves. I expected to continue chasing after some of the gear, but I don't really have the desire anymore. There's so much stuff to spread my attention between every week but no captivating reason to log on and do so. I imagine it'd be a different story if i had the time; i really want to continue helping people through the content. But the more I play it, the more boring it gets.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a burnout, although I've definitely exhausted the glimmer of the expansion. I'm just going to wait and see what Bungie reveals at E3.

ocean

Banned
Exile set for Hunter with Sunsetting
Tlz2nh8.jpg

No shader
EXhYVPp.jpg

nOoblet16

You don't know frustration until you come across 3 warlocks with snipers, self res, double fusion grenades and fast revives...who camp despite having the higher and better spawn

Are Rams still dead in two Thorn headshot?

lol

List of Things You Can Survive as a Warlock Running a Max Armor Build with The Ram

• Thorn 2 headshot (2 * 84 + 6 * 7 = 210 damage) or 3 body shot (3 * 56 + 6 * 7 = 210 damage)
  • TLW 3 body shot from the hip (3 * 68 = 204 damage)
  • two Praedyth's Revenge body shots (2 * 107 = 214 damage)
  • a shoulder charge (207 damage)
  • flux and magnetic grenade sticks (2 + 79 + 122 = 203 damage)
  • the Red Death two burst (6 * 36 = 216 damage)
  • a headshot from a super low impact sniper (217 damage)
  • a LDR impact class sniper headshot on revive (317 damage; I have tested all the others in this list except this last one, but given the video linked above and the way that revive overshields work, it seems very likely that a max armor warlock with the ram could indeed tank the 317 damage from an LDR headshot on revive)
  • Hawkmoon 3 body shot with one luck proc (2 * 64 + 88 = 216)

nOoblet16

Destiny...where warlocks can have max armour and Titans have max speed despite those supposedly being the worst stat in their respective classes.

Omni

Got the Lord of Wolves...

UGH. The range is horrible. I'm not really sure why you'd use this over other exotic weapons. Sure it looks cool... but still.

armor is the most important crucible stat followed by recovery and agility. agility is basically phased out now because everyone is using thorn and peaking from behind cover. players that ignore the armor stat are going to die very easily to hand cannons and grenades.

SkylineRKR

Now on my 3rd Silimars Wrath

Its frustrating. I get that piece of shit too. And all I want is Felwinter.

I get 1st place, but 2nd place gets felwinter. The game after I get 4th place or so, and 1st place gets Felwinter. Just now the guy with 50 points less than me got Felwinter, I wonder if I would've gotten it if I didn't make the final kill.

With the new crucible weapons there does seem to be an inventory check, I have all of them and maybe 2 or 3 were dupes. But with IB its radegast and silimar, and nothing I don't have.

Top Bottom