• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

For sure, hopefully I can corral another experienced player whether it's Unstable or someone else, and we can find a good time. Mercury is a really cool place, I love the idea of it and the actual execution is also spot on. But it's not as big of a deal when you've already been there so it'd be great to get some new folks a trip if we can.

@Colonel: yeah sorry buddy, I've been missing out on all the Fun Run action recently :-/. They were doing a few NM Crot kills to try and get Unstable a Bhammer then we were gonna fire up some IB. I assume you'll be fast asleep soon but definitely sometime this weekend we'll coordinate some form of PvP action!

Put me on the "new folks" list :p

It's all about the 6 person content. IB has been very refreshing and is scratching that itch.

I've been to mercury the first week, so put me down as someone that just wants to see you in pvp action and have some fun. If you need a scrub for a warm up round or to try some new things without pressure.

Yeah I totally feel the same way. I've had a lot of fun with HoW so far but holy cow I feel like I'm missing out on playing w a lot of people. I know it's a "destiny 1st world problem" to have too many people to play with, but I still miss that big group dynamic of 6-person raids.

Definitely down for some Trials Fun Runs if we manage to find a good time for it this weekend.

XenoRaven

I will do any content except normal Crota. I still need the weekly and nightfall, PoE, whatever. Invite me or quote me or whatever. Let's do this. Whisky is delicious.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fine work gentlemen. May the Iron Banner yet wave.

Just taking this moment to mention that for the third week in a row, my friends list is at its somewhere-nebulously-over-110-online maxed 10 pages of people playing Destiny during primetime and beyond. This is particularly annoying because whoever doesn't fit on those 10 pages is just... lost to my friends list I guess... but more generally speaking it really speaks to how ridiculously fucking successful this game has been. When you consider the numbers being put up here alongside the fact that it's only a fraction of the total what with the other consoles... we all have our complaints and there are serious flaws in nearly every area of the game you can mention. But Bungie is counting a lot of stacks of money. Onward to OT♦24.

E92 M3

Just taking this moment to mention that for the third week in a row, my friends list is at its somewhere-nebulously-over-110-online maxed 10 pages of people playing Destiny during primetime and beyond. This is particularly annoying because whoever doesn't fit on those 10 pages is just... lost to my friends list I guess... but more generally speaking it really speaks to how ridiculously fucking successful this game has been. When you consider the numbers being put up here alongside the fact that it's only a fraction of the total what with the other consoles... we all have our complaints and there are serious flaws in nearly every area of the game you can mention. But Bungie is counting a lot of stacks of money. Onward to OT♦24.

And Destiny is consistently in Amazon's top 100. I'm happy for Bungie - it's a great game that keeps getting better.

XenoRaven

Pretty sure I've posted it before but it's the dumbest game I've ever loved. So much dumb shit, but it's got a charm that I can't resist.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm a little worn on ToO right now and don't want to overdo it but definitely happy to help either later tonight or sometime this weekend. I'm offline now but will be back soon and around for a while after that.

We're around. Just doing random stuff right now. It actually does seem a lot less people are doing trials. I

LiK

yup, it was fun. we were near unstoppable. gotta say that i warmed up to the Thorn and really love the Messenger for PVP. looks like along with VoC and Vex, i have 4 weapons to choose from depending on the maps now.

Something weird happened when I was playing ToO an hour ago, one guy on the opponent's team left during the initial matchmaking and when the game started I was on their team and one of their guys on 'my' initial team. Being 2 vs 3 and having no means to communicate with my 'teammember' I lost, making it the first loss (post mercy) on my trial run. That has to be the weirdest thing I've witnessed on Destiny, we lost a match later on towards the end, perhaps because I lacked motivation, but anyway had that been the actual deciding match I would have been so pissed, and quite frankly I was quite pissed anyway.

Ganhyun

Watching the Unstable Twitch. Glad to help him out in discovering why a vision was wrecking him. :)

Edit: It also gives me tutorials on how to better myself in crucible too. :)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Pretty bummed out right now. Just feel like this community isn't really what it used to be for gathering together and doing stuff anymore. Maybe it's because HoW just came out but it seems like it's impossible to gather a consistent Nightfall group unless you play with your regular squad of threes and it's even more difficult to get a Trials group going. I tried to gather groups last week and this week and it's just difficult to get something going anymore. Maybe I'm just not getting on at the right times but considering the game requires you to invest time into playing with others and wait on others and stuff I just don't feel like playing Destiny anymore.

Even just now when I thought I was going to play an Iron Banner with 5 other people, I find out that I was just replaced because there was another person who just happened to join even though the group of 6 including myself had just finished Crota's End and agreed on getting an IB train together. I just feel like this community just has a churn and burn status and everyone's pretty much a number. Maybe I just can't invest time into a multiplayer game or there's just something wrong with the community but me being burned on not even getting a spot on an Iron Banner group was just the last straw. Sorry guys. Hope you guys enjoy the game.

LiK

Pretty bummed out right now. Just feel like this community isn't really what it used to be for gathering together and doing stuff anymore. Maybe it's because HoW just came out but it seems like it's impossible to gather a consistent Nightfall group unless you play with your regular squad of threes and it's even more difficult to get a Trials group going. I tried to gather groups last week and this week and it's just difficult to get something going anymore. Maybe I'm just not getting on at the right times but considering the game requires you to invest time into playing with others and wait on others and stuff I just don't feel like playing Destiny anymore.

Even just now when I thought I was going to play an Iron Banner with 5 other people, I find out that I was just replaced because there was another person who just happened to join even though the group of 6 including myself had just finished Crota's End and agreed on getting an IB train together. I just feel like this community just has a churn and burn status and everyone's pretty much a number. Maybe I just can't invest time into a multiplayer game or there's just something wrong with the community but me being burned on not even getting a spot on an Iron Banner group was just the last straw. Sorry guys. Hope you guys enjoy the game.

it depends on when and who you play with. the community hasn't really changed all that much and i took a massively long break before HoW came out. still the same regulars here. dunno who you played with but yea, being replaced just like that without warning sucks. you can find another train to join.

Dunlop

Groups just fill up really fast, my wife had my phone yesterday and I missed out of 3 IB groups because by the time I went from my PC to the PS4 (a whole 10 feet) the groups would be filled.

I only came back since the expansion and have literally never done anything with this community before (i.e nobody knows me) hand and am finding it very easy to get groups

Assuming you are on a PS4, maybe it is a timezone thing? I'm on est

Trace

Banned

Can't really say I share the same sentiment. Haven't had any problems getting groups together and doing well with them.

Ken

Is it possible to roll Ashes to Assets on raid helmets?

Oh, looks like Crota helmets can and VoG can't.

LiK

gonna probably play some more IB tomorrow cuz i sorta want that cloak for my Hunter. not sure i care for getting to Rank 5.

Ken

Yeah I have on crota.

Edit: Fail, missed the edit lol

That's fine, thanks. Might just bother myself to rank FWC for their helmet since it comes with AtA and I/D roll.

gonna probably play some more IB tomorrow cuz i sorta want that cloak for my Hunter. not sure i care for getting to Rank 5.

With tempered buff and all the bonuses you can get rank 5 really fast.

Top Bottom