• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Kadey and Jigga, that run was pretty legit. From the first match where we had to learn the map and came back from a 4-1 losing streak, to well...that last match where the enemy team just quit.

Now the quest to get a damn good looking helmet on my warlock...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
When my sniping is on it's on. I have an attention span of a goldfish so I can get easily distracted.

My favorite kill is right a the beginning of a round when I didn't see the enemy and just used my instincts.

I actually feel like doing VOG or CE. Hard Crota or VOG anyone? I still need gorgons.

First Wolves bounty on my account this week and the chest dropped right where I was fighting the Wolves.. Is that new or coincidence?

Also, got the key from 1st chest and then a 2nd key when I turned in the bounty. Loving that

If I kill the 34 boss three times in the same match, will I complete the elder cipher bounty?

Yup. As long as your whole team wipes after you kill him(it doesn't have to be immediately, you can jump off the back) the round will 'reset' to the beginning of it.(If you get teleported to the middle you'll end up in the 'treasure chest' phase.

Got purifier robes on my 15th chest engram :D

I converted all shards into motes and went for it.

Funny how I got Praxic 2 out of the first 5 times and I could never get that before.

Damn, was seriously hopeing that wasn't the case. Need 3 more before Xur leaves. Is he gone Sunday morning or night, can't remember it's been awhile lol.

Gone Sunday at about..5 AM? 2 AM at the most?

Do PvP and decrypte blue engrams. The coins will come to you sooner or later~

Future

After iron banner and trials not sure how thorn wouldn't get nerfed. Top players always using it. Snipe poison across the map is a little ridiculous. Should lower the poison potency by range

XenoRaven

When my sniping is on it's on. I have an attention span of a goldfish so I can get easily distracted.

My favorite kill is right a the beginning of a round when I didn't see the enemy and just used my instincts.

I actually feel like doing VOG or CE. Hard Crota or VOG anyone? I still need gorgons.
Man I want to do this but I feel the the sun is about to come up and I should really sleep.

Ken

Huh, just realized buying the arms this week completes my Warlock's Exile set. Guess the asymmetrical gloves help make the chest look not so plain.

11393510_10152737254331841_7922842314266832868_o.jpg

Omni

Anyone on Xbox willing to help out with the elder cipher boss farming? Or preferably, need to do it themselves?

bitsurugi

Pretty bummed out right now. Just feel like this community isn't really what it used to be for gathering together and doing stuff anymore. Maybe it's because HoW just came out but it seems like it's impossible to gather a consistent Nightfall group unless you play with your regular squad of threes and it's even more difficult to get a Trials group going. I tried to gather groups last week and this week and it's just difficult to get something going anymore. Maybe I'm just not getting on at the right times but considering the game requires you to invest time into playing with others and wait on others and stuff I just don't feel like playing Destiny anymore.

Even just now when I thought I was going to play an Iron Banner with 5 other people, I find out that I was just replaced because there was another person who just happened to join even though the group of 6 including myself had just finished Crota's End and agreed on getting an IB train together. I just feel like this community just has a churn and burn status and everyone's pretty much a number. Maybe I just can't invest time into a multiplayer game or there's just something wrong with the community but me being burned on not even getting a spot on an Iron Banner group was just the last straw. Sorry guys. Hope you guys enjoy the game.

Send me a FR. Will gladly carry you thru NF/PoE.

Will be doing lots of IB this weekend, you are welcome to join me, altho if you are not from Europe, prepare for massive laaaaag :)

bitsurugi

Also guys, so what's the deal with the Fate of all Fools?

I thought Bungie would ''ninja'' put the bounty into this weeks ToO, with the most recent patch, but as of today, i haven't heard of a single person getting the bounty from the Mercury chest?

Anyone got any ideas what's going on?

Also guys, so what's the deal with the Fate of all Fools?

I thought Bungie would ''ninja'' put the bounty into this weeks ToO, with the most recent patch, but as of today, i haven't heard of a single person getting the bounty from the Mercury chest?

Anyone got any ideas what's going on?

My guess? They're going to give it out at some special event, to get players back in over the summer. Same with the exotic Vesta Dynasty. We know it's in the game, we just don't know any way to obtain it.

Marvel

could never
Got a legit titan smash on two dudes to save a round of osiris last night, will gif it. Love that class man lol.

Is anyone up for a 9-0 run to Mercury?

I need that Elemental Jewel of Osiris!

I'd like to try again today, so close yesterday. But the tiredness was real.

Got purifier robes on my 15th chest engram :D

Gratz! I have had no luck thus far getting it. I'll keep trying though.

ValeYard

After going flawless on Trials in the first week with a group I don't play with much, I've been having a suboptimal time. Last week I went 9-1 twice.

Otherwise, the group of 'nice' people I play with turns into a nightmare in Trials. With them, we barely win a game and it's starting to do my confidence in. I had the feeling they weren't paying attention and weren't calling out, but I can't help look for blame in my performance.

Any tips? It's making me want to cut myself and I prefer to get through the weekend unscathed. I also need to find other people.

Unstable

Pretty bummed out right now. Just feel like this community isn't really what it used to be for gathering together and doing stuff anymore. Maybe it's because HoW just came out but it seems like it's impossible to gather a consistent Nightfall group unless you play with your regular squad of threes and it's even more difficult to get a Trials group going. I tried to gather groups last week and this week and it's just difficult to get something going anymore. Maybe I'm just not getting on at the right times but considering the game requires you to invest time into playing with others and wait on others and stuff I just don't feel like playing Destiny anymore.

Even just now when I thought I was going to play an Iron Banner with 5 other people, I find out that I was just replaced because there was another person who just happened to join even though the group of 6 including myself had just finished Crota's End and agreed on getting an IB train together. I just feel like this community just has a churn and burn status and everyone's pretty much a number. Maybe I just can't invest time into a multiplayer game or there's just something wrong with the community but me being burned on not even getting a spot on an Iron Banner group was just the last straw. Sorry guys. Hope you guys enjoy the game.

I am sorry about that. We had 7 people (one of which was in the party chat waiting for us to finish crota to run IB, he didn't just join) wanting to play. It's hard to make the call about who has to step out. I thought the fairest way was first 5 people to join my party is who will run with.

Please do not take it as anything other than a miscommunication on my part and not representative of the community as a whole.

I can only offer my apologies again. I'm truly sorry that it worked out like that. I hope to play with you again soon.

Marvel

could never

Hey there, obviously depending on timezones please please feel free to add me or I can you right now on psn. I don't like people feeling this way, I myself play with as many different gaffers as possible to ensure help or just to have a fun time.

I'm currently moving house so I'm on and off a lot right now but I'm always looking to do NF/pvp/pve with peeps. You only have to wing a msg to me or I'll see you in orbit and I can get you straight in for whatever.

:)

That goes for anyone who posts here or just lurks.

My psn is Assassio and I set up a lot of IB/Trials trains with the community. We may not always win but we will have a lot of fun.

MrMuscle

Hey there, obviously depending on timezones please please feel free to add me or I can you right now on psn. I don't like people feeling this way, I myself play with as many different gaffers as possible to ensure help or just to have a fun time.

I'm currently moving house so I'm on and off a lot right now but I'm always looking to do NF/pvp/pve with peeps. You only have to wing a msg to me or I'll see you in orbit and I can get you straight in for whatever.

:)

That goes for anyone who posts here or just lurks.

My psn is Assassio and I set up a lot of IB/Trials trains with the community. We may not always win but we will have a lot of fun.

Wow, Marvel=Assassio! Ive had you on my friends list forever without connecting the dots! Man, we need to play together some time.

Just went 9-1...damn that hurts so much.

One day I'll get to Mercury.

Though that was pretty good for a group of randoms. I may try again before I go to bed. I think I need to ascend my vex...

Marvel

could never
Just went 9-1...damn that hurts so much.

Yup it really does :(

Are you telling me ive had you on my friends list forever without knowing?! Man, we need to play together some day!

Yeah! it's tricky cos my gaf name doesn't match so people get confused lol, I have my gaf name in my psn profile to help. Yes we must! you're TheMrMuscle I'm sure we did some NF's and raids a while back. I hope you're still on my FL, some people deleted me when I took a break so if not please re-add me.

iRAW that goes for you too :p

I need to check if grave is on there too actually.

I don't really know how to put this nicely so I'll just be blunt. If your only contribution to this thread is asking for groups, it's probably going to be hard for you to find groups. People make connections and form little cliques and that's just part of a community this large. I would encourage you to be a part of the game and balance discussion that happens here often. I would encourage you to try to use any sort of connections you have. For example, I knew Kadey from the SF community, and I watch and chat in Unstable's stream all the time. That helped me become more established here, even though I've only been posting for a month.

This is a good point. The community is helpful at large, but can be a little clique-ish. I have been a fairly regular contributor to the thread since the Alpha and have well over 100+ GAFers on my friends list as a result. However, due to my playtime habits and schedule, there aren't any GAFers that I would consider regular partners. I typically don't have a hard time finding people to play with since there are generally so many online, but I don't have a regular reset group, Nightfall/Raid team.

I check people's Fireteams regularly when I hop on to see if someone is doing the same activity I want to do or whatever and it is common to see people with the same regular fireteams, but I'm usually on the outside hoping to be slip in as an alt. It's not something that upsets me because I know that no one is intentionally excluding me from activities, but it is a bit irksome to always be a fifth wheel and just hope to find a pick-up group. Having said that, there are still some very helpful contributors in the DGAF community, and many that have helped me finish content for no reward on their end. I try to return the favor when possible.

DGAF is a good community and generally accepting and helpful overall, but it can take some patience.

Rolled a Matador 64 with Accurized Ballistics, Smallbore, Kneepads, and Close And/Or Personal which gives 25% boost to melee damage after landing a hit. I almost always go for the 1-2 Shotgun-Melee combo as a Warlock with Scorch, so I think this one will work for me. It'll have the same range as my old Two to the Morgue with Rangefinder and Hammer Forged, with a higher Impact. And it'll give me the kneepads perk, which I've been wanting, even though I don't really slide very often.

Top Bottom