• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

You, shall, not, pass.

animation17puds.gif

Titan has gotten to the Lighthouse. Now only the Warlock.

least you didn't fall off the map

Well, yesterday was pretty bad, only got to 9-0 on one character. But at least I got full Trials of Osiris armor for my Warlock.

Congrats thats a good thing ive yet to get 8 wins let alone get to Mercury and doubt i ever will despite my weeks of pvp practicing lately.Im tired of being forced to use Thorn or TLW use anything else and you will be outgunned other than those two weapons about 80% are using shotties its no fun just infuriating.

I capped from GK before IB dropped but between waiting for one to pop up and just running Exclusion Zone, I might as well do the latter. Will keep an eye out tomorrow for GK checkpoints while finishing up some IB stuff I guess.

Just grab a Gorgon chest checkpoint and run down to the gatekeepers. DeathJr is usually a good source, or if you don't have a CP by later tonight, I can pass off mine.

Would be up for this in a few min if there is still room then...

Sounds good. Let me know when you are on. We will probably get a feel for the map first and have to pick up multiple passage until we get our mojo

I can hop on if you don't mind me kinda sucking.
Looks like we just got full. Unless someone needs to step out. If so you can join for sure

Just shoot me an invite when you get on.. Ill be on playing for the next 4 or 5 hours l

Ipitythafool32

Getting on now, sending you a friend request and then a party invite and we will wait for Navid

Hey you're fun to play with but your sleep cycle is not faring so well. ;) Maybe you need a good day of sleep.

I hope it isn't because of me - I learn from you and don't want to be the boat anchor to your greatness. :( I enjoy watching you play and playing with you, plus the conversations are lots of fun.

:)

#FeelBetterFig

Thanks. :)

Nothing to do with you, don't worry.

Deku Tree

I think i've had my fill of House of Wolves. I expected to continue chasing after some of the gear, but I don't really have the desire anymore. There's so much stuff to spread my attention between every week but no captivating reason to log on and do so. I imagine it'd be a different story if i had the time; i really want to continue helping people through the content. But the more I play it, the more boring it gets.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a burnout, although I've definitely exhausted the glimmer of the expansion. I'm just going to wait and see what Bungie reveals at E3.

I've been feeling kind of similar. I will still run some PoE and some NFs etc. But I haven't been feeling the same way about grinding all the content to chase after specific weapons. Especially when the PoE weapons are mostly underwhelming with only one perk and another one that is usually a troll perk. And armor that's 100% STR etc.

nOoblet16

It really does. Only Her Benevolence is both higher AA and re rollable. The other snipers with better AA can't be rerolled and/or are no longer obtainable in game post expansion (Eye of Sol, Longbow, Prudence, PoE sniper and P&T)
Low Grade Humility is obtainable and rerollable...has higher aim assist too.

ocean

Banned
Low Grade Humility is obtainable and rerollable...has higher aim assist too.
LGH has the same base AA as Ice Breaker (50), also sitting below the rest of the listed. LGH can go higher with perks and scopes though, unlike everything else except Her Benevolence (same re roll tree + slightly higher base AA).

I pretty much have everything I want. Last thing I truly want is Eternal Warrior, but that just comes down to RNG or if Xur ever decides to sell it. Other than that I just like getting the best weapons and reroll them for the perfect perks, but that is also RNG, I've burnt through so many motes and weapon parts. Most of the time I don’t get what I want.

noomi

All 3 elder ciphers done, what a relief. That bounty was a huge pain in the ass, glad to know I never need to do that again. The exotic weapon collection is complete yet again, fate of all fools and 347 vesta dynasty do not count since they probably aren't even obtainable. Looks like I have some weapon leveling to do for now.

Will be looking for some help to get to Mercury today, came very close yesterday.

the jewel is basically a perfect PvP hand cannon, but it's already obsolete

the last word can kill two people in the time it takes to kill one with the jewel or any other legendary hand cannon

thorn can do it too from across the map

really, there's no reason to use anything else. and it's a damn shame.

Rubenov

All 3 elder ciphers done, what a relief. That bounty was a huge pain in the ass, glad to know I never need to do that again. The exotic weapon collection is complete yet again, fate of all fools and 347 vesta dynasty do not count since they probably aren't even obtainable. Looks like I have some weapon leveling to do for now.

Will be looking for some help to get to Mercury today, came very close yesterday.

Zewone is out today but if I can get MBF Trace to help or another sherpa we'll get you there

ocean

Banned
Oracle disruptor appears to proc against the PoE mines you're supposed to destroy. Wonder if the mines are just reskinned oracles sharing code (spawn at random location, wipe team if now destroyed by timer x)

Deku Tree

I re-rolled like mad yesterday. And I got almost nothing. And I have no weapons parts left.
I even tried buying tower green weapons for parts but they only dismantled into glimmer.
Did Bungie nerf the tower green weapons to prevent you from grinding them for weapons parts b
Oh well I guess I'm not re-rolling for a while.

Yeah I've also been posting since Alpha and don't have a regular group for anything. I kind of just ask around or join parties to ask if there's a spot :p
ocean! how you liking that solar jewel (that's what you got, right?)
i got carried later last night, and got a void jewel! :)

Omni

In PvP it's exactly the same. It's good but not as good as the exotic handcannons.

Yes. Although you'll want exotic HCs for PvP, and one with elemental damage for PvE :/
Ugh.

I want to use the Lord of Wolves as an exotic. Which means I need to find a decent primary but I'm really not sure what to go with at this point. The Messenger is just too clunky. IDK. Just feels like you're at a huge disadvantage if you ignore the exotic hand cannons.

Namikaze1

Todd, Darryl, Sentient, and I went undefeated last night. Had to leave pick up my brother after getting 5-0 with Darryl and Todd so Sentient tagged in for me. We ended up getting Darryl to his first Mercury trip. After that, I rejoined once Darryl called it a night, got my Warlock to Mercury and my Hunter to 5 wins while Sentient and Todd got their second character to Mercury. Getting Bravo was great for us. Though we got Alpha in our last match and well take a look for yourself:

Coming Back from a 4-2 game and winning it

noomi

Zewone is out today but if I can get MBF Trace to help or another sherpa we'll get you there

<3

I'm going to exercise and get some breakfast in me, msg me on PSN whenever and I'll get online.

I'll be back on a bit if you still need help with PoE's

Todd, Darryl, Sentient, and I went undefeated last night. Had to leave pick up my brother after getting 5-0 with Darryl and Todd so Sentient tagged in for me. We ended up getting Darryl to his first Mercury trip. After that, I rejoined once Darryl called it a night, got my Warlock to Mercury and my Hunter to 5 wins while Sentient and Todd got their second character to Mercury. Getting Bravo was great for us. Though we got Alpha in our last match and well take a look for yourself:

Coming Back from a 4-2 game and winning it

I read you got the solar jewel.... can.... can I touch it?

ocean

Banned
ocean! how you liking that solar jewel (that's what you got, right?)
i got carried later last night, and got a void jewel! :)
I was hoping for Solar but got Arc in my Jewel. My Fatebringer's cool PvP brother.

Haven't played around with it too much yet, feeding it Iron Bannet bounties will have it upgraded in no time though.

Rubenov

LGH has the same base AA as Ice Breaker (50), also sitting below the rest of the listed. LGH can go higher with perks and scopes though, unlike everything else except Her Benevolence (same re roll tree + slightly higher base AA).

I'm getting some motes of light and weapons parts ready for some Benevolence rerolling

ocean

Banned
I'm getting some motes of light and weapons parts ready for some Benevolence rerolling
Got Hidden Hand and Unflinching. Didn't get a good middle tree perk (switch weapons faster, QuickDraw, casket mag to trade stability for ammo) but fuck it, this ones a keeper :p

Top Bottom