• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

lol

List of Things You Can Survive as a Warlock Running a Max Armor Build with The Ram

• Thorn 2 headshot (2 * 84 + 6 * 7 = 210 damage) or 3 body shot (3 * 56 + 6 * 7 = 210 damage)
  • TLW 3 body shot from the hip (3 * 68 = 204 damage)
  • two Praedyth's Revenge body shots (2 * 107 = 214 damage)
  • a shoulder charge (207 damage)
  • flux and magnetic grenade sticks (2 + 79 + 122 = 203 damage)
  • the Red Death two burst (6 * 36 = 216 damage)
  • a headshot from a super low impact sniper (217 damage)
  • a LDR impact class sniper headshot on revive (317 damage; I have tested all the others in this list except this last one, but given the video linked above and the way that revive overshields work, it seems very likely that a max armor warlock with the ram could indeed tank the 317 damage from an LDR headshot on revive)
  • Hawkmoon 3 body shot with one luck proc (2 * 64 + 88 = 216)

Fuck Warlocks.

I'm getting kinda done with Crucible right now.

Exile set for Hunter with Sunsetting
Tlz2nh8.jpg

No shader
EXhYVPp.jpg

Love that set. Hope I can ever get the time to earn it. Not looking good, but I can dream.

Fuck Warlocks.

I'm getting kinda done with Crucible right now.

yea i want to sit it out until they fix the balance.

makes me look like a hypocrite though after that speech earlier. well, i still don't think it's wise to ignore half of the game and then feel left out about it, but i can't blame anyone for avoiding crucible right now.

RemiLP

lol

List of Things You Can Survive as a Warlock Running a Max Armor Build with The Ram

• Thorn 2 headshot (2 * 84 + 6 * 7 = 210 damage) or 3 body shot (3 * 56 + 6 * 7 = 210 damage)
  • a LDR impact class sniper headshot on revive (317 damage; I have tested all the others in this list except this last one, but given the video linked above and the way that revive overshields work, it seems very likely that a max armor warlock with the ram could indeed tank the 317 damage from an LDR headshot on revive)

Wow.

Does the titans have anything at all going for them in crucible now? Shouldn't they have the best armour?

ocean

Banned
lol

Whatttttt

That's crazy. Holy shit

Ken

Wow.

Does the titans have anything at all going for them in crucible now? Shouldn't they have the best armour?

Counter super, lightning grenades, and flashbangs I guess.

Er, Strikers.

Defenders can be good in Control obviously.

yea i want to sit it out until they fix the balance.

makes me look like a hypocrite though after that speech earlier. well, i still don't think it's wise to ignore half of the game and then feel left out about it, but i can't blame anyone for avoiding crucible right now.

I barely even feel like doing PoE either, though. My Elder Cipher is only halfway done and my desire to finish it is just not there. I think I need another break. IB sucked all the joy out of the game for me.

I barely even feel like doing PoE either, though. My Elder Cipher is only halfway done and my desire to finish it is just not there. I think I need another break. IB sucked all the joy out of the game for me.

the Queenbreakers' Bow is a fun weapon if that's what you were going for.

phen0m24

I just did Exclusion Zone for about an hour and got...29k glimmer.

Going to have to do it again tomorrow to buy the last few items zzz.

Ken before this day is over someone will say they have the normal gatekeeper checkpoint. That's the best and fastest way to glimmer farm, plus it's fun with company. ;)

Do you have to hit people in the head to kill them in one hit? I was getting destroyed by a couple of people last night and it's hard to believe they were hitting me in the head every single time.

yup. it's a fusion rifle, but you need to hit headshots. if you miss or hit the body, you're basically fucked unless you have some cover. it's also not a weapon you want to contest other snipers with.

can't blame the Fallen for being bad snipers. shit ain't easy.

i don't have the two perks unlocked yet though so maybe it's much easier with those. if nothing else, it's probably the only sniper you can fire consistently while airborne.

see, i'd love to run a Jewel and Bow combination, but going up against Thorns, Last Words and the pulse rifles just makes it impossible.

ocean

Banned
We almost got wrecked by a 29 in ToO using an unleveled Icebreaker. I thought levels were supposed to work like in IB =/
nerfcurve.jpg

This is the last detailed info we got on PvP level advantages. From the look of it, he was 5 levels below and thus probably dealing ~70% damage? Ice Breaker has crazy good impact (a hair below Black Hammer / Spear) so headshots will probably still be enough.

On the other hand, he must have been squishy as hell :p

Ken

Ken before this day is over someone will say they have the normal gatekeeper checkpoint. That's the best and fastest way to glimmer farm, plus it's fun with company. ;)

I capped from GK before IB dropped but between waiting for one to pop up and just running Exclusion Zone, I might as well do the latter. Will keep an eye out tomorrow for GK checkpoints while finishing up some IB stuff I guess.

Rubenov

So I guess I missed out on the Warlock RAM when Xur sold it the first week? Now I just have to wait for him to sell it again :/

We almost got wrecked by a 29 in ToO using an unleveled Icebreaker. I thought levels were supposed to work like in IB =/
It's a sniper rifle so it's still gonna hurt like hell.
yup. it's a fusion rifle, but you need to hit headshots. if you miss or hit the body, you're basically fucked unless you have some cover. it's also not a weapon you want to contest other snipers with.

can't blame the Fallen for being bad snipers. shit ain't easy.

i don't have the two perks unlocked yet though so maybe it's much easier with those. if nothing else, it's probably the only sniper you can fire consistently while airborne.

see, i'd love to run a Jewel and Bow combination, but going up against Thorns, Last Words and the pulse rifles just makes it impossible.
Damn, maybe they were just excellent shots then. Hopefully I can get one soon so I can try it out myself. Still need to run PoE 35.

Ken

So I guess I missed out on the Warlock RAM when Xur sold it the first week? Now I just have to wait for him to sell it again :/

He sold helmet engrams the first week which is probably where most Rams are from.

I was happy with Nighthawk and didn't have enough motes to keep going for Ram lol.

nerfcurve.jpg

This is the last detailed info we got on PvP level advantages. From the look of it, he was 5 levels below and thus probably dealing ~70% damage? Ice Breaker has crazy good impact (a hair below Black Hammer / Spear) so headshots will probably still be enough.

On the other hand, he must have been squishy as hell :p

Ah, never seen that before, thanks!
Yeah, 70% seems about right then. Last time I underestimate a 29.

Icebreaker has ridiculous aim assist.
Yes, yes it does.

phen0m24

Hey you're fun to play with but your sleep cycle is not faring so well. ;) Maybe you need a good day of sleep.

I hope it isn't because of me - I learn from you and don't want to be the boat anchor to your greatness. :( I enjoy watching you play and playing with you, plus the conversations are lots of fun.

:)

#FeelBetterFig

Anyone down for some trails runs.. already 1 and 1 on this cars so no Mercury this trip. Would love to get there today again.. but honestly just looking for some good games

My Xbox One clan is recruiting. We played a lot during the Vault of Glass' heyday, but many of us took a break from the game shortly after The Dark Below came out. Now we're back and looking to build our numbers for all end-game content. Prison, Nightfall, Trials, Vault, Crota, the works. If you're an Xbox One player and would like to have a pool of people to group with and get stuff done, request permission to join at the link below and/or shoot me a PM. Thanks!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/174077

ocean

Banned
Icebreaker has ridiculous aim assist.
It really does. Only Her Benevolence is both higher AA and re rollable. The other snipers with better AA can't be rerolled and/or are no longer obtainable in game post expansion (Eye of Sol, Longbow, Prudence, PoE sniper and P&T)

Top Bottom