• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Namikaze1

I had more fun listening to Figadapanda cussing everyone and their mother out on a raid than I did listening to Figadapanda cussing Skolas out.

I missed those days...

Getting 3 hit kills with the Gheleon's Demise. Love it. New favourite Scout Rifle.

GD is amazing, I still have my old one. If it had element damage it would be GOAT scout!

sXAGdci.png

Deku Tree

that's basically it. it blinks brighter if an enemy is close to you or on the same elevation. if they're above or below you, it'll fade out. and if a player is crouching, they only ping the radar every few seconds. bladedancer camo is supposed to take you off radar completely, but they still appear to show up periodically (not sure if it's bugged).

Thanks!

SkylineRKR

IB is worth it on your alt.

My main reached rank 5 this morning. And now I started on my alt. I already had 2 medallions from last time, I happened to lose 3 but happily won the 4th. I also did 3 bounties (exp, control points and melee). I am now Rank 2.5. Crazy.

I bet that if you start on monday, your alt will be Rank 5 in the blink of an eye.

willow ve

IB is worth it on your alt.

My main reached rank 5 this morning. And now I started on my alt. I already had 2 medallions from last time, I happened to lose 3 but happily won the 4th. I also did 3 bounties (exp, control points and melee). I am now Rank 2.5. Crazy.

I bet that if you start on monday, your alt will be Rank 5 in the blink of an eye.

Is there anything worth getting to rank 5 for? Other than etheric light? Both of the weapon rolls are meh (unless you want to roll and roll and roll on Gheleon's Demise).

5k glimmer for E-light feels like a rip off

Yeah - just continues the trend of forcing people to glimmer farm during Iron Banner weeks. Annoying.

SkylineRKR

I can still sell 300 shards for glimmer, but once thats over its back to farming.

IB stuff has been reduced. Weapons only cost half of what they used to do. Goldspiral is only 1000 now.

EL CUCO

I thought Deej said they would reduce the cost of IB stuff?
IRRC, weapons and gear would range between 10k-12k glimmer. Now they're 5k-7k.

I guess the price of E-light isn't bad in comparison, just feels expensive when you can basically get it for free through POE or TOO

phen0m24

Ok so wins Dhruv and I tried a couple of matches and holy cow it was lagging badly.

Does game chat v Party chat improve that at all? Any improvement? Just wondering.

I saw a Titan coming, two bursted him with Red Death, throwing knife and meleed him and he was still coming. That made no sense whatsoever.

IRRC, weapons and gear would range between 10k-12k glimmer. Now they're 5k-7k.

I guess the price of E-light isn't bad in comparison, just feels expensive when you can basically get it for free through POE or TOO

I could tell you some stories about that...

IB has been the only guaranteed source of e-light for me.

phen0m24

Agreed I miss raids.

Not only the fun and teamwork of them but the more organized nature of the loot and such.

PoE low drops, ciphers, crappy purchaseable armour stats etc. isn't my idea of great rewards.

They have to know that though. That raiding is such a huge part of what makes the game so great.

Let's hope Comet/Taken King brings some new raid mechanics to the table, not recycled stuff. Just running around in IB this morning I'm imagining a Crota kill instead. You know? Like the "Ok, 1, 2, 3 LET HIM HAVE IT" and not

"Lagswitcher on B"
"I'm dead"
"Crap that guy is warping"

(EDIT: Removed "again" instead meant that they would recycle the old stuff)

lt519

The lag in IB is real, holy crap.

PoE can be fun if you play the mechanics like Skolas this week or Qodron last week. Those are near raid mechanics, but the disadvantage they put you at sometimes is just absurd. Arc and Solar Skolas practically requires a quick burn.

They have to know that though. That raiding is such a huge part of what makes the game so great.

Let's hope Comet/Taken King brings some new raid mechanics to the table, not recycled stuff. Just running around in IB this morning I'm imagining a Crota kill instead. You know? Like the "Ok, 1, 2, 3 LET HIM HAVE IT" and not

"Lagswitcher on B"
"I'm dead"
"Crap that guy is warping"

(EDIT: Removed "again" instead meant that they would recycle the old stuff)

Definitely. I think they knew CE wasn't nearly as good as VoG and wanted to take extra time to make a better raid.

Is The Taken King going to be Cabal?

lt519

Definitely. I think they knew CE wasn't nearly as good as VoG and wanted to take extra time to make a better raid.

I think I remember seeing somewhere it was a Hive Ship that was going to be the Patrol area. But that was that old as slide that leaked.

Taken king is a hive ship
DLC 1 is Vex
DLC 2 is Cabal

It's pretty depressing that the best enemy faction's DLC is like a year away.

Namikaze1

Taken King is most definitely Hive. The Red Bull stuff that were found very recently had the Hive symbol on it. The slide from a several months back had a new Soical Space called Hive Ship

deafmedal

I've managed to run 3 raids both weekends since HoW dropped, and I definitely prefer them to PoE. I find myself only wanting to run PoE for the e-light and cores for Judgements Chance (seriously, I love doing that even if the rewards can be ehhh). Would be cool if Judgements Chance and/or raids could drop e-light.

One day I'll level all these VoCs and FBs and SPs and so on and on :mad:

macewank

Lookin for an IB train or VoG x3

Or I guess if someones feeling particularly charitable, a carry (I'm bad at ToO for some reason) to Mercury!

nOoblet16

I'll be very disappointed if Comet doesn't include a new area and just reuses the same shit...because if it does then you can be assured that we won't get anything until Destiny 2 next year.

i honestly just want to run raiding parties again but they're old news now.
My biggest fear when they decided no raid for HoW. Destiny as we knew it is dead at least now. No waking up early to do raids while being in a 6 man party. Most people who've been playing it for a while have now pretty much stopped playing raids.

I think I remember seeing somewhere it was a Hive Ship that was going to be the Patrol area. But that was that old as slide that leaked.

Taken king is a hive ship
DLC 1 is Vex
DLC 2 is Cabal

It's pretty depressing that the best enemy faction's DLC is like a year away.

Taken King is most definitely Hive. The Red Bull stuff that were found very recently had the Hive symbol on it. The slide from a several months back had a new Soical Space called Hive Ship

The biggest question will be if it's 40 or 60 dollars.

That's right! I forgot about that slide leak.

I can only guess it will be $40 and part of the Destiny Year One Edition that will have TDB, HoW and Comet

I'm kinda worried a Hige Ship as a patrol area is going to be smaller than any of the others.

I'll be very disappointed if Comet doesn't include a new area and just reuses the same shit...because if it does then you can be assured that we won't get anything until Destiny 2 next year.

My biggest fear when they decided no raid for HoW. Destiny as we knew it is dead at least now. No waking up early to do raids while being in a 6 man party. Most people who've been playing it for a while have now pretty much stopped playing raids.

I haven't done a raid since HoW dropped. Feels weird.

The biggest question will be if it's 40 or 60 dollars.

I don't see it being a $60 release, it better have some amazing content if it does. There are some great games coming out this fall, so for me it's make or break. If it's good, I'll purchase it and the season pass. If not, well I'll probably just wait for Destiny 2.

Top Bottom