• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Well it finally happened. I got a gjallarhorn.

CG1N5YuU8AAfKDk.jpg:large

Stupid fucking horn. Want to scrap it but blegh I know I "need" it.

At the time it dropped, his quote was the following: "I hate myself, and I hate this game. I'm sharding this shit right now."

Gragen

Get a good void shotgun, and just camp the control points in a control match. Cloak behind something or around a corner and blast people as they arrive. You won't be dying very much since you aren't running around all over the map making yourself a target, and you'll slowly rack up void points. When heavy ammo drops, use a void machine gun and play it safe.

Thanks for the advice. I'm at 100/500 after about 5 matches using this exact strategy.

SkylineRKR

What am I looking for in a Matador 64?

I got aggressive ballistics, reinforced barrel, shot package, and grenadier. What's the second perk I should be going for?

Keep it. The first 3 are the top picks, and Grenadier isn't even half bad. I settled with Rodeo there, because I'm not going to reroll just for FR or Luck.

GutZ31

Once again I blow myself up with a horn. GDI.

Nighthawk one shots deathsinger on hard.

happens way too often with the secret proximity perk.

As for one shotting deathsinger... Yeah, best feeling ever.

Going to try Nighthawk on Atheon.

You need more than one nighthawk hunter to really do anything awesome with it.
I did it with 2, and it was faster if we all just gjallarhorn'd it.
But if you have at least 5, that means that at any given time you could have at least 4 firing overkilloneshotcertaindeathbulletofdoom golden gun shots.

Unstable

Well it finally happened. I got a gjallarhorn.

CG1N5YuU8AAfKDk.jpg:large

Stupid fucking horn. Want to scrap it but blegh I know I "need" it.
I thought you were a man of commitment. Show Rngesus that it has no hold over you. Scrap that Gjallarhorn, you know it's the right thing to do.

Seriously though, congrats on the Ballerhorn get.

Lnkn52

I thought you were a man of commitment. Show Rngesus that it has no hold over you. Scrap that Gjallarhorn, you know it's the right thing to do.

Seriously though, congrats on the Ballerhorn get.

Yo dude missed the stream. How you liking the map for ToO?

border

Thanks for the advice. I'm at 100/500 after about 5 matches using this exact strategy.

Yeah, it's a working strategy but it definitely requires a good deal of patience. It's hard when you get bored camping and just want to run around shooting stuff.

phen0m24

Time for some Bananering

You say that now, just when I am going to take Josh for some lunch. save me a seat on the slip and slide

(In the voice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Liu6sEJPd4A

Also I'd be remiss if I didn't thank Wins, TK, Grimlock, ipitythafool, Arramis and then Tears for hopping on.

There were several games where I almost felt as if I was contributing and I maaaay have accidentally defended Grimlock once.
(Dinobots don't need no stinkin' backup)

Great playing with you guys, thanks for keeping it light and I'm going to go spend the rest of my day trying to kill that one Titan from Burning Shrine.....

Welp, too bad.

As much as I hate that I'm saying this, I would like it if this game had micro-transactions if that meant that all the expansions were free like in GTA online and Bioware multiplayer games.

Thanks to people who like to spend extra money, everyone gets the content for free. No community segments.

Its like they pay for the content for you.

It makes me like people who spend money on micro-transactions.
I be like.......

"Yeeeessssss.....................spend that money so I can get more free content"
27OHENJ.gif

I would just go ahead and drop the cash to get the dlc as it seems to be offering some nice content. But I dont want to waste $20 on content that I will only play for two days. Once elder scrolls online comes out, I dont think ima play this game for a looooooong time.

MechDX

Welp, too bad.

As much as I hate that I'm saying this, I would like it if this game had micro-transactions if that meant that all the expansions were free like in GTA online and Bioware multiplayer games.

Thanks to people who like to spend extra money, everyone gets the content for free. No community segments.

Its like they pay for the content for you.

It makes me like people who spend money on micro-transactions.
I be like.......

"Yeeeessssss.....................spend that money so I can get more free content"
27OHENJ.gif

I would just go ahead and drop the cash to get the dlc as it seems to be offering some nice content. But I dont want to waste $20 on content that I will only play for two days. Once elder scrolls online comes out, I dont think ima play this game for a looooooong time.

I bought both contents with Bing reward points. Didn't cost me a dime

border

Need 1 more for Prison35 / Skolas. Prefer well-equipped hunters and titans.

I am running it with a friend who has not done it before, but he has the guns necessary to beat the final encounter.

Qwell

Need 1 more for Prison35 / Skolas. Prefer well-equipped hunters and titans.

I am running it with a friend who has not done it before, but he has the guns necessary to beat the final encounter.
I can bring my hunter,

PSN = Qwell

Mindlog

The there any reason to roll Felwinter's if you have a stack of Party Crashers and one or two Matadors lying around?
My boxes and vault are full of top tier legendaries now. I need to start breaking stuff.
Small Arms, Arc Burn and Solar burn. Pick an Arc or Solar primary and go to town. Just watch the damn skiffs and shanks, lol.
The Weekly though. The Weekly. Please take a Punchbro Orb spawning Titan.
My favorite weekly ever. The modifier doesn't make it much easier just way more fun because the strike has never played like that for me before.

Dearest Darryl, this describes my PvP player experience PERFECTLY.

the Tears of Osiris

yup, exactly

ToO/PvP made me take a break of Destiny for a week. I literally felt bad about myself as a Destiny player when I was getting crushed the first week.

I got to put a lot of time into The Witcher 3 so that was fun though.

ocean

Banned
What are the activities that drop Gjallarhorns?

☑ Nightfall
☑ VoG
☑ Crota
◻ ??
Nightfall
Normal Gorgon chest
Heroic Gorgon chest
Normal Atheon
Heroic Atheon
Normal Deathsinger
Normal Crota
Heroic Crota
Lighthouse chest
ToO reward packs (got Hard Light from Silver)
Prison of Elsers Treasure Chest

You're here forever man.

Marvel

could never
I will be milking some wins out of you sometime this weekend if I get a chance :D

Love it when you talk dirty, gutz.

lol er probably not anytime soon, moving house this Monday :( but when I'm back online we shall play my brother.

GutZ31

Love it when you talk dirty, gutz.

lol er probably not anytime soon, moving house this Monday :( but when I'm back online we shall play my brother.

The milking will be on hold until you have dealt with the ice cream truck driver, stolen all of his sprinkles, and completed subjugation of your new neighbors.

Edit: Top get!

WOf3XlSeHJuZW.gif

Top Bottom