• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Vire

I've posted it a few times now today but I would like to run ToO!

PSN: audioandy

Please send an invite.

I'll run with you. Been racking up the kills all IB, so I should be able to hold my own for at least 5 wins.

Thanks so much for the offer but I hope I can take you up on it later today. I promised a day out with my fiancee so I won't be able to stay on Destiny for too long right now.

It's the same people always playing with each other and if you try and get in a normal rotation the door is closed. When I've played with gaffers it's always been great but there is definitely cliques. I've been on destiny since day one. Just sharing my experience.

PSN: PrivateWHudson

I'd add you, but I'm at work and will forget by the time I get home, so feel free to add me. I have about 300 Gaffers on my list. I'll admit that when I look for people to invite, I start with the people that I play with most often. This is mostly due to my own insecurities of not knowing if I may suck at whatever they are doing and waste their time. I only waste the time of people that I know.

BUT if anyone invites me (and I'm not in the middle of something or about to log off) I'll play with them with zero requirements. I played POE 34 with a guy that was on my list and his friend the other day for about three hours. They didn't have quite the right gear, and I'm not 1337 enough to carry them, but it was still fun.

Agent

Tripod and Tracking.

Stop, or keep rolling?

Are you going for PvP rolls? If so, you really want grenades and horseshoes instead of tracking.

My radegast has clown cartridge, javelin, and grenades and horseshoes. Basically if a rocket gets within the vicinity of a player it is game over for them with the velocity and blast radius. I do wish I had tripod instead of clown cartridge. If I get another one to drop I'll probably try for it.

Future

the jewel is basically a perfect PvP hand cannon, but it's already obsolete

the last word can kill two people in the time it takes to kill one with the jewel or any other legendary hand cannon

thorn can do it too from across the map

really, there's no reason to use anything else. and it's a damn shame.

Getting killed by last word before I even realize what happened reminds me of old school suros

Not sure if it's a placebo effect or not, but does anyone feel the damage or effectiveness for the Vex has been reduced at all since the Fusion rifle update this week? Also starting to realize that if you aren't good with sniping in ToO, you arent going to win much. Also, just got The Last Word and Hawkmoon. Which one should I level up first?

Still can't tell yet with the Vex, but it seems the same. And GAF's consensus seems to be: 1. Thorn, 2. TLW and 3. Hawkmoon.

Sorry to the IB train Destiny just booted me out of. Have no idea what's going on with my connection since IB started but this is the only game/mode I've ever had issues with.

EL CUCO

Are you going for PvP rolls? If so, you really want grenades and horseshoes instead of tracking.

My radegast has clown cartridge, javelin, and grenades and horseshoes. Basically if a rocket gets within the vicinity of a player it is game over for them with the velocity and blast radius.
Yeah I'm trying for a PvP roll. I have the D.O. RL Exodus, with Tripod and G&H. That would be ideal. This one has quick draw but not sure if that makes a difference with how effective I could be with the tracking. I really dont like having 1 rocket though so Tripod is a must have for me.

Gonna keep rolling. Welp

noomi

A BIG thanks to Rubenov and Unknown for helping me achieve flawless!

The Spoils!

bmV72Pp.jpg

Void Scout
Solar Pulse
Solar Hand Cannon
Arc Auto Rifle

We're getting there :D

EL CUCO

20 motes later: Only had G&H roll twice. Once with Grenadier (Yawn) and now with Warhead verniers,Javelin, and spray and play for the faster reload

I think this ones a keeper.

Void Scout
Solar Pulse
Solar Hand Cannon
Arc Auto Rifle

We're getting there :D

Congrats.

Any reason why these 4 weapon loot drop are what you are aiming for? I'm trying to figure out why I should continue to try for flawless. I manage to get the Solar Hand Cannon but I keep on thinking that I would just use VoC anyway in PvE.

Deku Tree

20 motes later: Only had G&H roll twice. Once with Grenadier (Yawn) and now with Warhead verniers,Javelin, and spray and play for the faster reload

I rolled my admonisher looking for G&H and Tripod until I had very few weapons parts yet and I got nothing. Had a few good rolls that I ended up discarding. Oh well.

I got a decent roll on my Party Crasher and my Low Grade Humility in the process.

I think I have all the weapons I need for now and I'm done re-rolling until the next time.

SkylineRKR

I had Grenades, Heavy Payload and tripod after 2 rolls. I wanted Verniers and Javelin but Countermass works fine as well and HP will max blast radius completely.

My perfect Radegast would be Verniers + Tripod + Javelin + Grenades.

SonComet

Not sure if it's a placebo effect or not, but does anyone feel the damage or effectiveness for the Vex has been reduced at all since the Fusion rifle update this week? Also starting to realize that if you aren't good with sniping in ToO, you arent going to win much. Also, just got The Last Word and Hawkmoon. Which one should I level up first?
Vex certainly feels like it was hit by the fusion rifle update to me :(. I used to get a higher KDR with it than TLW. But ever since the update I'm horrible with it and have switched full time to TLW. I thought that they stealth fixed it in 1.1.2, but it seems that they just removed the fusion rifle nerf on accident. I suspect that they can't fix it and that they don't care since it's not a hand cannon, scout, or pulse... I actually didn't mind the rebuffed fusions in PVP. Way better than all these new insane shotguns and hidden hand snipers (I'm guilty of using these).

LTWood12

Does the bonus rep kick in once you get a toon up to rank 2? Does the bonus get bigger the higher rank your first toon has?

Deku Tree

I don't know if there is something wrong with my setup and I'm not the best PvP player but it feels like when I play I'm always trading shotgun kills even when I clearly shoot first or otherwise for some (laggy?) reason my shot doesn't even register and then I just get killed. Or I fire seven thorn shots directly into the other player and they don't register but then I am the one getting killed.

How do people play PvP to compensate for the horrible lag and huge kill trading window?

I guess I should try to learn how to snipe...

Lnkn52

I don't know if there is something wrong with my setup and I'm not the best PvP player but it feels like when I play I'm always trading shotgun kills even when I clearly shoot first or otherwise for some (laggy?) reason my shot doesn't even register and then I just get killed. Or I fire seven thorn shots directly into the other player and they don't register but then I am the one getting killed.

How do people play PvP to compensate for the horrible lag and huge kill trading window?

I guess I should try to learn how to snipe...

You have to anticipate the radar. Plus with some of these shotguns, you don't have to get too close. After a while, you'll know how far you have to be to kill someone. Just keep at it.

And sometimes, lag does get in the way. Just don't get frustrated. It's a video game.

Dunlop

Pugged my entire run to IB level 3 on my Titan and did pretty great (top 1 - 3) each match.

Switched to my Warlock who I never PvP'ed last night and grouped with Gaffer's and was consistently the last 2.

Figuring it was the playstyle of the Warlock, I did IB this morning to get to lvl 3 and absolutely shredded everyone in the first match(got the 10 kills no death achievement, ect)

Do I have the Destiny Gaf equivilant of being pee shy?

:p

noomi

Wish i was there.

I wish you were all there :)

Congrats.

Any reason why these 4 weapon loot drop are what you are aiming for? I'm trying to figure out why I should continue to try for flawless. I manage to get the Solar Hand Cannon but I keep on thinking that I would just use VoC anyway in PvE.

It's the unique weapons, no other solar HC or solar Pulse ingame, same goes for the void scout, and the arc auto rifle is just something I want :p

Agent

I give up on trying to get Purifier Robes. I've done 15+ engrams and not a thing other than enough Armentariums and Lucky Raspberry to last a lifetime. Its also annoying considering it is a 1 in 8 chance. Not great, not horrible.

My luck with engrams has been brutal since HoW came out. I've done 15+ every week for the new items and have struck out on all hunter exotics. Only ones I have received from engrams are The Ram and Eternal Warrior. I'm basically out of shards and energy now. Rahool and his buddy are bastards. :(

I give up on trying to get Purifier Robes. I've done 15+ engrams and not a thing other than enough Armentariums and Lucky Raspberry to last a lifetime. Its also annoying considering it is a 1 in 8 chance. Not great, not horrible.

My luck with engrams has been brutal since HoW came out. I've done 15+ every week for the new items and have struck out on all hunter exotics. Only ones I have received from engrams are The Ram and Eternal Warrior. I'm basically out of shards and energy now. Rahool and his buddy are bastards. :(

I gave up on engrams after the first HoW Xur. I'd rather leave something to get exited for when doing nightfalls and such.

Caeg8N8.png

SkylineRKR

I only bought 3 engrams since HoW launched and one was Celestial Nighthawk, the only one I wanted. Basically called it quits.

I do want those legs though.

Top Bottom