• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Yes!!!! Varicks has summoned me!

At least on my Titan. Let's check my other two characters now.

Looks like I am going to be helping with a lot of PoE this weekend.

I may be better at IB, but I still suck at Trials :( :( :(

Thanks for being so chill about my scrubbiness, Daryl. Hope to run again when I improve a bit.

The first reply killed me.

The damage Trials has done to the game is severe. The social implications of making arguably the best pve weapons only obtainable from going 9 - 0 in a pvp game type are already destroying the game. Most people I play with have had clans split apart. This is due to the max players in an activity being three. You would think the other three would then make a group but the best players are only playing with the best and the ones who are lower skilled end up doing nothing with anyone. The result is people are not playing with others solely based on skill in the game. These lower skilled people will not progress and as a result leave the game.

Trials combines the worst aspects of fps into one failed and broken game type. In Trials lower skilled players cannot even get a team to attempt the content. Period. When they do it is a massacre so they quit and the better players avoid them. Half my friends list alternates between visible and invisible in an attempt to AVOID PEOPLE. I am not talking about me but others. They do not want to tell others no to playing with them so hiding seems to be the preferred option. Destiny went from a fun and relaxed game to this? Half the time the only reason I know someone is on because they invite me to a party. Why you invis? To avoid this dude....

The flawless requirement literally destroys Trials. One win and you are out which is tedious and boring. It also brings out the worst in people. Friends are fighting and getting angry. Deleting people from friends list and blocking. Already today three people logged off upset. Two people yelled at each other. NO ONE IS HAVING FUN. AT ALL.

Now take all I said above and add the very common and pervasive cheating going on in Trials. Ddos attacks, lag switches, aim bots, and other crap that further ruin the player experience. So you go 8 - 0 only to lose because the other team booted one of your team mates or lags so bad it takes an entire team to kill them. It is a miserable experience.

In the final analysis none of this is fun. Even poe is not fun because I cannot do 34 and 35 with a lot of my friends.

I cannot justify purchasing another product from a company that releases content this bad. If the requirements to get Lighthouse were reasonable I would keep at it but they are not. The content alienates people.

I don't mind grinding or hard content. What I do not like is content that destroys your friends list, splits people apart, and ruins what in many ways was a social game.

Bungie better take notice and deal with this. Everyone changes games. This is the first time since playing this game from release that I can honestly say the MAJORITY OF MY FRIENDS ARE NOT HAVING FUN.

EDIT: I agree with what a lot of people are saying on both sides. I believe many would not have purchased this game if content was like Trials. The social issues are real whether ones wants to admit them or not. In the end, Destiny is just a game. Lol. Just play something else and frankly I have lost most, if not all, of my faith in Bungie. Even Iron Banner was doable for everyone given a long timeline. If you really want that item grind it out. Sure others may get it in a shorter or longer time frame but you could play with anyone and still progress. It was fine.

EDIT 2: Some idiots are comparing Trials to mlg. MLG not part of the core game nor does it have rewards in game. It is seperate from the game

Wut, it's a game. Have fun and git gud. Don't cheat/exploit.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Watch my stream for worst lag ever. I've been dancing for three minutes and enemies are doing nothing. Nevermind they just whupped my ass.

Daemul

Yes!!!! Varicks has summoned me!

At least on my Titan. Let's check my other two characters now.

Looks like I am going to be helping with a lot of PoE this weekend.

Just save time and continuously farm the level 34 boss for arena points by killing him and then wiping to the target.

ToO run was short but it seems like a lot of hardcore teams are on right now, prime time.

Yeah. That last game was really close, shame we blew or superload early.

Thanks for being so chill about my scrubbiness, Daryl. Hope to run again when I improve a bit.

Nah man, no need to apologise. Not being all that good at something is always the first step. And those last few games we were getting the hang of it (sorta).

ocean

Banned
PvE giving shit rewards, basically.
IB armor is no better than Vendor armor. The weapons are alright but nothing worth playing against your will for the most part.

ToO armor looks hot, but if you're strictly a PvE player you're best served by PoE armor. It has extremely strong perks. Those "more armor while in Hive room" things make a far bigger difference than you think.

As for weapons... ToO stuff is great but generally still outclassed by PvE equivalents found in VoG, CE, and some Exotics. That scout is a standout though, I'll give it that. PvE wise though: Fatebringer, Black Hammer, Vision of Confluence, Found Verdict, Praetorian Foil, Corrective Measure are still at the very top of the pack.

I'd love a Scholar or Messenger. I lust for the Eye of Sol or that amazing RL. But mainly because I want them for PvP. I'd likely never use any of those for PvE because I already have better stuff for that.

Basically, you're playing something you don't like for rewards which only shine...in that activity you don't like.

Be happy.

Dude don't even sweat it. I think I did ToO with you the first week it dropped and I was horrible. So horrible that I stopped playing Destiny for 1.5 weeks and went to play The Witcher 3 for a break.

I think the best thing I found about ToO is that you just need time to get a good feel for your team and playing strategy. If you ever want to give it another shot another day I'm down to go.

well theyre not wrong

Went back and bolded the part I was addressing more specifically, I don't understand how friends and clans are getting upset at people doing poorly. 2 good players can carry a decent player as long as that decent players play support and revives and listen to directions.

And to me it is interesting, for PVE I don't really see any of the trials weapons being the best. I still think most of the best PVE weapons are exotics or raid weapons with special perks.

Yeah. That last game was really close, shame we blew or superload early.

Yea you win some you lose some but I was really hoping for the last game to come through. Those purifier robes are crazy OP

IB armor is no better than Vendor armor. The weapons are alright but nothing worth playing against your will for the most part.

ToO armor looks hot, but if you're strictly a PvE player you're best served by PoE armor. It has extremely strong perks. Those "more armor while in Hive room" things make a far bigger difference than you think.

As for weapons... ToO stuff is great but generally still outclassed by PvE equivalents found in VoG, CE, and some Exotics. That scout is a standout though, I'll give it that. PvE wise though: Fatebringer, Black Hammer, Vision of Confluence, Found Verdict, Praetorian Foil, Corrective Measure are still at the very top of the pack.

I'd love a Scholar or Messenger. I lust for the Eye of Sol or that amazing RL. But mainly because I want them for PvP. I'd likely never use any of those for PvE because I already have better stuff for that.

Basically, you're playing something you don't like for rewards which only shine...in that activity you don't like.

Be happy.

But...etheric light :(

P44

saw a really ridiculous scout rifle in iron banner last night

NA3D1 salvation state with full auto and firefly

it had near max stability and range (smallbore was the middle perk.. increased stability and range, lower mag and reload)

only 11 shots per magazine but the guy was camping in the back of shores of time and just wrecking

:)

EDIT: That is to say the combination is amazing, but yeah probably wasnt me.

ocean

Banned
But...etheric light :(
Oh shit no contesting that. PvP is where Etheric is at. Iron Banner doesn't even count because it takes so damn long (far more than PoE 34) and is once a month instead of weekly, but Trials makes Etheric RAIN for good PvP players.

I think there should be a bounty for completing 3-4 Daily Heroic missions that rewards an Etheric. Sort of like the Eris bounties that reward Motes.

Lnkn52

Those ToO bands are so salty, someone recommended an apple pie.

pj6ZoLy.png

Be happy.

I'm not thrilled with any of the armor. I'd much rather ascend vendor/CE/VoG gear.

My Hunter:

Intellect: 86
Discipline: 0
Strength: 477

With my only option being a Radiance Dance Machines build.

noomi

Alright, I'm back for some more, any ToO groups going on right now?

Trying to get a 2nd Mercury this week.

ocean

Banned
I'm not thrilled with any of the armor. I'd much rather ascend vendor/CE/VoG gear.

My Hunter:

Intellect: 86
Discipline: 0
Strength: 477

With my only option being a Radiance Dance Machines build.
I've Ascended my old stuff but still, don't ignore the PoE stuff.

The perk that recharges super while in _____ room is equivalent to an ENORMOUS intellect boost for example. This is very situational and to be fully functional would require having 4x each piece but it sort of changed how I rate the armor.

Lnkn52

The perk that recharges super while in _____ room is equivalent to an ENORMOUS intellect boost for example. This is very situational and to be fully functional would require having 4x each piece but it sort of changed how I rate the armor.

Wow, I haven't seen those perks.

I'll have to keep a closer eye on it. I've been so focused on trying to git gud in PvP that I've been ignoring basic housekeeping things like seeing what I can buy with my armor cores.

Anyone need a third for ToO or want to start a group? I'm no superman at PvP, but I want those gauntlets for my warlock. PSN is greyblade.

ocean

Banned
Wow, I haven't seen those perks.
PoE helms have boosted Recovery and Super recharge (equivalent to Intellect). Chest piece has boosted Armor and Melee recharge (moar strength - but it can go over the 100% Strength recharge time so it's not wasted). I'm hoping boots have some Grenade recharge boost equivalent to Discipline but I don't have any PoE boots.

Sadly, these perks will only work on a specific enemy type while inside PoE. I have Hive Helm and Chest so against the Hive I have a Super and Melee boost along with higher Armor and a Recovery.

Top Bottom