• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

10338419_10204253291959627_32025089290855863_o.jpg

I've been playing ever since launch and my bitching finally ends!!!!! ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

RickD

Does anyone actually find POE 35 fun? I Fucking hate it. We got to round 4 today, spent an hour trying to kill stuff and just gave up. just wanted to actually do something fun, and not soul destroying.

I don't think POE is going to keep me playing Destiny, and that sucks :( I've tried so hard to like it, i just don't. It has been one of my favourite games ever, but there are so many issues with the game, it feels like they don't actually play the same game we do. Who would put something in a game like that and not have check points? It's either an over-site or a giant fuck you. And each is worrying for the future of the game.

I have been playing Iron Banner, and despite it's faults, i found myself actually having dare i say it... fun...

Only for the etheric light though..

ocean

Banned
Does anyone actually find POE 35 fun? I Fucking hate it. We got to round 4 today, spent an hour trying to kill stuff and just gave up. just wanted to actually do something fun, and not soul destroying.

I don't think POE is going to keep me playing Destiny, and that sucks :( I've tried so hard to like it, i just don't. It has been one of my favourite games ever, but there are so many issues with the game, it feels like they don't actually play the same game we do. Who would put something in a game like that and not have check points? It's either an over-site or a giant fuck you. And each is worrying for the future of the game.

I have been playing Iron Banner, and despite it's faults, i found myself actually having dare i say it... fun...

My experience and that of most people I've read is of having a generally easy time during the first 5 rounds then hiring a huge difficulty spike against Skolas.

I don't remember what Round 4 is. What's the objective and modifiers? We could probably point out some tips, if you're all 34 you shouldn't have too hard a time in there.

I haven't done PoE, and I only plan on doing it once when I feel like the burn will be on my side (solar). I just need the grimoire, I don't care for anything else. Some of the best armor in the game are not from PoE

-

Looking for ToO team

9-0 got on my Hunter and Warlock last night.

Long story about the scrubs of LFG incoming.

Encountered my first true douchebag on LFG. I'm not gonna lie, I write kinda dick-sounding LFG posts when I'm looking for a Trials group, mostly in an attempt to deter guys looking for the carry before I can get my wins out of the way. Once they are in though I'm really not a jerk, I'll never kick anyone for using certain guns or having a KD of less than 1 as long as they are trying and are nice about the losses.

Anyway this guy joins in and he immediately set off flags. He's whiny, asks me what do I want him to run, and I tell him I'm not that kind of guy and he should run what he does best and feels most comfortable with. Obviously I'd feel better playing with a try hard running Thorn or TLW with a perfect rolled sniper or shotty but whatever, dude was adamant that his Invective was doing work earlier (uhhhh). He claims he is very adaptive and can run any armor/gun combo because he has everything and "has no life".

Anyway, right after asking me to basically boss him around, he states he just had a bad time with a group because apparently the leader had problems ordering him in "the right way". Now I get LFG is like playing roulette and it's pretty easy to get on a bad team for content and get burned, but in most cases when I join up with people who are quick to complain like this about their last group they are often complicit in the crap that went down.

We find a third, guy is sort of bad but he's well intentioned and is trying. First match is murdaaaaaaa. 2 warlocks and a hunter vs our 2 Titans and my hunter. All 3 on the other team are blink shotgun rushing. I'm the only one staying alive more than 30 seconds because of my blink as well, despite not knowing how the map plays in ToO yet. We lose 1-5. Straight rekt. I'm not upset, it's kinda cheap but it's way riskier to sprint at a team full force like they did instead of thorn and sniping across the map and I knew these guys on my team wouldn't know what to do with blink shotgunners, and no way I can consistently handle 3v1s on that shit. We all end up negative but the whiny guy is on top because he went 4 in 5 kill trading and I went 4 in 7 trying to play the not die immediately game. "All I ask is that people go positive. I CAN'T KEEP WASTING COINS!" he screeches. I tell him to chill out and point out that he was also negative by 1. "Yeah but that was better than your 4 in 7 you fucker!" He sounds like John C Reilly in Stepbrothers when Will Ferrell teabags his drumset at this point. I kinda laugh and I'm just like "dude you're really whiny and you weren't playing well either. Old asshole ways from years of Gears, CoD, and Halo make me point out he has a overall KD of 1.15 and I have a 2.3 and I could have been a tool and booted him as soon as I saw his stats. "That's cuz multiple people play on this account dumbass!" Okayyyyy. He quits out lol.

Don't understand why people don't grind out the coins if they care about Trials. Every time I hear, "I don't have enough for the boons", I don't have much sympathy because the coins take less than 30 minutes to grind a day for at least 21 guranteed coins a week across 3 characters, enough for a couple full sets of boons. Feel like people would be a lot less stressed if they had a surplus of them. Sitting on 80+ myself. Also, who rages after one match?

Went on to play a 6-7 matches with the other guy and his kid friend he brought in. We lose one, and the matches are way sweatier than they need to be because we aren't gelling as a team and the guys don't have much "don't die for a kill" discipline but I hit 6-0 before I find another group because the guys wanna take a 20 minute break to do IRL stuff and I'm trying to go to bed lol.

My last group was a dream tho omg. I'm not some PVP juggernaut but I'm confident in saying I'm decent to gud, but this is the first ToO group I think I can say that I was playing with dudes on my level or better actually. Dudes where master snipers, on top of call outs, watching for flanks, never got angry, always played safe and chose the revive over chasing a kill. Gawd. We added eachother so quick lmao. Finished my Hunter's 9-0 with them and then went 9-0 on my Warlock with them even though I was soooo tired just because I knew our group could straight smash most of our competition that night. Got the Jewel in Solar (ehhhh I wanted Arc or Void but I'll take it) along with the shotty which sucks despite looking cool. Just missing the sniper and I'll have one of all the ToO guns, along with multiple dupes in different elements hah. Still got reward packages to open on my Lock since I got like only 100 glimmer and my Titan to get through. Hoping next week I can just chill at 5 wins and play for the helms.

ocean

Banned
I haven't done PoE, and I only plan on doing it once when I feel like the burn will be on my side (solar). I just need the grimoire, I don't care for anything else. Some of the best armor in the game are not from PoE

-

Looking for ToO team
Actually...Void burn is as good as it gets. It is so much easier to survive! You can run the fight semi legit. As in, burn Skolas with snipers and if mines spawn before he does it's no problem. You can actually go forth with the mechanics without EVERYTHING being insta kills. Arc burn is horrible really. And Solar depends on very good Horning because otherwise Skolas will also insta kill you.

If you haven't done 35, I would suggest you do it this week because it probably won't be this easy for a while.

On the other hand, Heavy Weapon Loader on ToO gloves will make Horning him a little easier next Solar burn..

E92 M3

Seconded! Bungie forums?

Can't say I noticed any complaining there, unfortunately. Would've been funny.

9-0 got on my Hunter and Warlock last night.

Long story about the scrubs of LFG incoming.

Encountered my first true douchebag on LFG. I'm not gonna lie, I write kinda dick-sounding LFG posts when I'm looking for a Trials group, mostly in an attempt to deter guys looking for the carry before I can get my wins out of the way. Once they are in though I'm really not a jerk, I'll never kick anyone for using certain guns or having a KD of less than 1 as long as they are trying and are nice about the losses.

Anyway this guy joins in and he immediately set off flags. He's whiny, asks me what do I want him to run, and I tell him I'm not that kind of guy and he should run what he does best and feels most comfortable with. Obviously I'd feel better playing with a try hard running Thorn or TLW with a perfect rolled sniper or shotty but whatever, dude was adamant that his Invective was doing work earlier (uhhhh). He claims he is very adaptive and can run any armor/gun combo because he has everything and "has no life".

Anyway, right after asking me to basically boss him around, he states he just had a bad time with a group because apparently the leader had problems ordering him in "the right way". Now I get LFG is like playing roulette and it's pretty easy to get on a bad team for content and get burned, but in most cases when I join up with people who are quick to complain like this about their last group they are often complicit in the crap that went down.

We find a third, guy is sort of bad but he's well intentioned and is trying. First match is murdaaaaaaa. 2 warlocks and a hunter vs our 2 Titans and my hunter. All 3 on the other team are blink shotgun rushing. I'm the only one staying alive more than 30 seconds because of my blink as well, despite not knowing how the map plays in ToO yet. We lose 1-5. Straight rekt. I'm not upset, it's kinda cheap but it's way riskier to sprint at a team full force like they did instead of thorn and sniping across the map and I knew these guys on my team wouldn't know what to do with blink shotgunners, and no way I can consistently handle 3v1s on that shit. We all end up negative but the whiny guy is on top because he went 4 in 5 kill trading and I went 4 in 7 trying to play the not die immediately game. "All I ask is that people go positive. I CAN'T KEEP WASTING COINS!" he screeches. I tell him to chill out and point out that he was also negative by 1. "Yeah but that was better than your 4 in 7 you fucker!" He sounds like John C Reilly in Stepbrothers when Will Ferrell teabags his drumset at this point. I kinda laugh and I'm just like "dude you're really whiny and you weren't playing well either. Old asshole ways from years of Gears, CoD, and Halo make me point out he has a overall KD of 1.15 and I have a 2.3 and I could have been a tool and booted him as soon as I saw his stats. "That's cuz multiple people play on this account dumbass!" Okayyyyy. He quits out lol.

Don't understand why people don't grind out the coins if they care about Trials. Every time I hear, "I don't have enough for the boons", I don't have much sympathy because the coins take less than 30 minutes to grind a day for at least 21 guranteed coins a week across 3 characters, enough for a couple full sets of boons. Feel like people would be a lot less stressed if they had a surplus of them. Sitting on 80+ myself. Also, who rages after one match?

Went on to play a 6-7 matches with the other guy and his kid friend he brought in. We lose one, and the matches are way sweatier than they need to be because we aren't gelling as a team and the guys don't have much "don't die for a kill" discipline but I hit 6-0 before I find another group because the guys wanna take a 20 minute break to do IRL stuff and I'm trying to go to bed lol.

My last group was a dream tho omg. I'm not some PVP juggernaut but I'm confident in saying I'm decent to gud, but this is the first ToO group I think I can say that I was playing with dudes on my level or better actually. Dudes where master snipers, on top of call outs, watching for flanks, never got angry, always played safe and chose the revive over chasing a kill. Gawd. We added eachother so quick lmao. Finished my Hunter's 9-0 with them and then went 9-0 on my Warlock with them even though I was soooo tired just because I knew our group could straight smash most of our competition that night. Got the Jewel in Solar (ehhhh I wanted Arc or Void but I'll take it) along with the shotty which sucks despite looking cool. Just missing the sniper and I'll have one of all the ToO guns, along with multiple dupes in different elements hah. Still got reward packages to open on my Lock since I got like only 100 glimmer and my Titan to get through. Hoping next week I can just chill at 5 wins and play for the helms.

LFG is such a drag. If I didn't have friends to play this game with, I would have probably quit by now.

Actually...Void burn is as good as it gets. It is so much easier to survive! You can run the fight semi legit. As in, burn Skolas with snipers and if mines spawn before he does it's no problem. You can actually go forth with the mechanics without EVERYTHING being insta kills. Arc burn is horrible really. And Solar depends on very good Horning because otherwise Skolas will also insta kill you.

If you haven't done 35, I would suggest you do it this week because it probably won't be this easy for a while.

On the other hand, Heavy Weapon Loader on ToO gloves will make Horning him a little easier next Solar burn..

If I get a team and get a treasure key I might take your advice and try to do it this week. . just don't want to push myself to do something that is not fun.

So Bungie just restricted people ToO gear instead of deleting it. . I kind of want them to delete the gear just for drama but that's just me.

Looking for ToO team. I went 12-0 yesterday, and 8-2 today.

ocean

Banned
If I get a team and get a treasure key I might take your advice and try to do it this week. . just don't want to push myself to do something that is not fun.
I won't speak to the encounter's fun value. I've ranted enough about how ridiculous the loot table is in a post-Crota/ToO Destiny scheme. Incredibly Skolas drops weapons even less often than Atheon did, which is utter insanity.

The fact that weapons don't even drop every other time (0 in 4 kill for me), shader/emblem depend on RNG key on top of kill, no checkpoints really make it a poorly designed encounter. That's without discussing the actual difficulty itself, which is rough but not something I've complained about. I don't mind it being hard - endgame is supposed to be. I'm disappointed that it's hard *and not worth it*, which is a different thing entirely.

I digress. If you're at all interested in defeating Skolas at some point and have a good Void sniper, this is the easiest week to do it. You can't burn him as quick as Solar, but you stand a good chance at surviving if you need to adapt to something not going as planned.

ocean

Banned
So Bungie just restricted people ToO gear instead of deleting it. . I kind of want them to delete the gear just for drama but that's just me.

Looking for ToO team. I went 12-0 yesterday, and 8-2 today.
Well people quitting when intimidated deserve that temporary lockout but they didn't harm anyone. Lag switchers do deserve perma bans imo. Deleting weapons because your Fireteam leader changed characters when he saw he'd be up against a good team would seem excessive. Lock them out for a week or two and they'll learn.

Delete that emblem tho.

E92 M3

Looking back I was such a fool: Widow's Court is one of the best Skirmish maps in the game. Absolutely love it. Also, it's fun to have a shootout in the church - makes it more epic.

Dave_6

Soloing a NF if anyone wants to join, no mic. PSN is DaveS78

Need to run a 2nd one as well if you're interested.

noomi

Wow just took a look at the Bungie forums, so many players banned/restricted it's insane.

Lots of saltiness!

Looking for one more for ToO.

I wouldn't suggest buying the booms at the start. We can just get a feel of how we all play together. If we get 2 losses before 3 wins then I think we would just start our card over. And if we get a loss at the start we probably would start it over if we were considering that card to be our serious run.

Best advice I received was to buy the boons in the middle of trials and don't focus on buying the free win boon.

Looking for one more for ToO.

I wouldn't suggest buying the booms at the start. We can just get a feel of how we all play together. If we get 2 losses before 3 wins then I think we would just start our card over. And if we get a loss at the start we probably would start it over if we were considering that card to be our serious run.

Best advice I received was to buy the boons in the middle of trials and don't focus on buying the free win boon.

I'm not that good at PvP, but if you still need one I'm up for it. PSN id is the same as GAF name.

ocean

Banned
Looking back I was such a fool: Widow's Court is one of the best Skirmish maps in the game. Absolutely love it. Also, it's fun to have a shootout in the church - makes it more epic.
This map for Trials is worse than a few others would be but better than most. I quite like it.

Good sniping, easy to contest enemy heavy (high risk reward), fewer corners for crazy grenade spam (ugh Pantheon PTSD)...

I'd like to see Anomaly (viable for shotguns and snipers alike), Shores of Time (campy perhaps though), Asylum.

A small change to ToO would make it better overall and would make some more maps viable: swap spawns between each round. That would make Blind Watch and Delphi pretty damn fun and fair.

nOoblet16

I went 9-0 on all three characters for first two weeks with only 3-4 bad tries overall where I ended up losing twice and hence getting a loss marker.

This week I went 8-1 and said I am not playing it this week, then I tried again this morning and went 8-1. I feel like even though I get nothing out of going to Mercury I feel like want to do one 9-0 cause of my ego lol

saw a really ridiculous scout rifle in iron banner last night

NA3D1 salvation state with full auto and firefly

it had near max stability and range (smallbore was the middle perk.. increased stability and range, lower mag and reload)

only 11 shots per magazine but the guy was camping in the back of shores of time and just wrecking

Wow just took a look at the Bungie forums, so many players banned/restricted it's insane.

Lots of saltiness!

Halo Reach bans were HUGE, I think those people should thank Sony being so flexible to not let Bungie ban them or reset their character levels like they did in Halo Reach

Top Bottom