• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Alucrid

Banned
YEAH just went 9-0 fucking finally. the very last match the people had the shittiest connection (on purpose) with the warlock running into walls, taking 500 shots and reviving people after death. still went 5-1.

Thanks for the great thread. I recently purchased Destiny and am approaching 20 with my primary character, a Warlock. I'm still figuring out the way the game is deliberately obtuse about some things. Mostly playing coop with a,friend in story missions but we are going to start MP soon.

EDIT on PS3 but got a second copy on PS4 for the inevitable upgrade

Your characters don't transfer as far as I know, though.

Qwell

Guess I'll go to try to solo Crota's End while I wait for Variks to summon me, these new bounties are kinda odd.

11312656_10204254298464789_3321291480588404923_o.jpg

Today has been too much, first the gally drop from NF and now Mercury.

Picked up The Scholar with arc burn, anyone have reviews on it?

ps3 trasnfers to ps4 and xbox 360 transfers to xbox one. it's cross gen but not cross platform so you can't take your playstation character to xbox.

Ah, gotcha. Did not know that. I assumed that you couldn't because you couldn't transfer between Xbox and psn.

Spray and Pray or Force a CQC situation so this never happens. Results may vary.

Thanks for all the strats guys. I just see the top players keep two people busy for quite a while by doing this. It seems like they never manage to get away before being surrounded by the other teammates.

Ken

Today has been too much, first the gally drop from NF and now Mercury.

Picked up The Scholar with arc burn, anyone have reviews on it?

It's fine though the clip is a little small and I'm not a fan of the scopes on it. Also perks are kind of dependent on if you're into them I guess.

Anyone willing to help me get to Mercurcy for the first time tonight? I'll be online within the next 30 minutes.

Otherwise it's IB and/or Cipher bounty grinding for tonight.

Can someone explain to me how people are matched up in PvP to me? What do you want from me Bungie? Am I doing something wrong? This has been a constant for the last few days. Getting paired up with *not so good* players.

11270343_405579522982140_4828832368305560351_o.jpg

Namikaze1

Can someone explain to me how people are matched up in PvP to me? What do you want from me Bungie? Am I doing something wrong? This has been a constant for the last few days. Getting paired up with not so good* players.

They getting your back ready, Math. They want that back to be as strong as steel.

Geez I just got multiple mass PSN messages and my notifications have been going off so much. Can someone tell me how I can control the settings to at least turn off the noise?

Ken

Can someone explain to me how people are matched up in PvP to me? What do you want from me Bungie? Am I doing something wrong? This has been a constant for the last few days. Getting paired up with *not so good* players.

I don't think matchmaking really works.

A = 10 points
B = 8 points
C = 6 points
D = 4 points
F = 2 points

B = 8
B = 8
B = 8

A = 10
C = 6
C = 6

"balance"

most common pattern you'll see is an exceptional player paired up with average players versus above average players - all relative of course.

it's just a pattern though. maybe the game is matching loosely by some hidden trueskill and putting the stronger player with the less strong is a way of balancing the teams. But with Destiny, the answer is probably RNG as always.

Obviously the only way to get your way is to complain about it.
11313105_405581326315293_2932020663474246582_o.jpg

most common pattern you'll see is an exceptional player paired up with average players versus above average players - all relative of course.

it's just a pattern though. maybe the game is matching loosely by some hidden trueskill and putting the stronger player with the less strong is a way of balancing the teams. But with Destiny, the answer is probably RNG as always.
I wanna cry. I want rankings so bad.

LiK

Nope, you're right. Mix the good players with shit. Balanced.

Top Bottom