• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

LTWood12

once you get a toon up to rank 2? Does the bonus get bigger the higher rank your first toon has?

Posted this question earlier today but didn't see an answer?

Asking because I've got my main to about rank 2 and 3/4ths, but don't have any bounties left to do for the day. Wondering if I should come back to him tomorrow, and run w/ my other characters tonight and do bounties. Would my alts get a bigger buff if I go ahead and get my main to 3?

Was grinding some bosses for the Elder Cipher. Opened the Queen's Chest after a Treasure Key dropped in the smaller one: Bones of Eao.

Yahoo!

Also, Queenbreaker's Bro get.

MechDX

Feeling kind of stupid. I didn't know if you equipped Iron Banner shader, emblem and mark you got a boost. Been playing off and on all week and I did not know this until I just looked up when the event ends. Im at 2 1/4 to level 3 so I can buy some etheric light.

Is this also true for when doing the queens bounties or doing PoE?

this game just does not explain things very well.

LTWood12

Feeling kind of stupid. I didn't know if you equipped Iron Banner shader, emblem and mark you got a boost. Been playing off and on all week and I did not know this until I just looked up when the event ends. Im at 2 1/4 to level 3 so I can buy some etheric light.

Yeah I'm not sure how I even knew all that originally. Don't remember the game spelling it out, but that only goes for Iron banner though. Doesn't apply to the regular factions and stuff.

MechDX

Yeah I'm not sure how I even knew all that originally. Don't remember the game spelling it out, but that only goes for Iron banner though. Doesn't apply to the regular factions and stuff.

It never even alluded to it I believe. This is my biggest issue with this game it comes off as seriously half assed put together at times.

geordiemp

Rerolling shotguns now for PVE (have my crucible shogun)

Is there a range cap in PVE like the crucible ?

Whats the best rolls for a Felwinters in Prison elders ?

I would guess Full Auto + small bore + right elements ?

Korosenai

So. . how do I get to play with you?
I'll try to help out as many as I can, I'm going to play with nori chan from gaf later. And then I'm going to try and help out evolved.
Wow, impressive.

Just shows that we need a real competetive game mode in pvp. For the real pvp players, too is still just like playing in public servers against randoms with a serious competetive clan.
Yeah, I will admit trials has been pretty easy mode this weekend. I'm thinking a lot of the good players might be playing iron banner or something. Only two teams out of those 58 games even managed to win 3 rounds against us, and one of them beat us.

Like I said earlier, I'll try to stream tonight. Hopefully I can keep the wins going.

squadr0n

Hey guys, Lvl 31 Warlock on PS4 looking for a group thats doing either the Raid or Prison of Elders.

If anyone needs an extra, PSN: Squadon

Rerolling shotguns now for PVE (have my crucible shogun)

Is there a range cap in PVE like the crucible ?

Whats the best rolls for a Felwinters in Prison elders ?

I would guess Full Auto + small bore + right elements ?

There is no need to use shotguns in PoE except for the eliminate target round. And then again most groups just nuke them with rockets and move on. And felwinters is pretty rubbish for PvE, in my opinion, due to how slow it fires.

Sofa King

What's even better is if you level up one character (my first character is level 4), you get a 2X (correct me if I'm wrong) modifier on another character until they hit that level. Played with my Titan for the first time today with the shader and the emblem and in less than 10 matches finished all my bounties and hit level 3.

maybe if youre good at no scoping in cqb. its pointless to contest decent snipers with it

Yeah, from the few matches I used it in yesterday (just in Trials though) it was awesome for picking people off before they got a shot on you. But yeah, is hard to contest against a sniper that has a bead on your position.

MechDX

What's even better is if you level up one character (my first character is level 4), you get a 2X (correct me if I'm wrong) modifier on another character until they hit that level. Played with my Titan for the first time today with the shader and the emblem and in less than 10 matches finished all my bounties and hit level 3.

Im just not very good at PvP. I did finally start using my VoC auto fire today and did tons better though. Just need to hit level 3 for some light

chur

Lmao. I just reached level 5 today and did not know this.

nonnocere

Thanks for the great thread. I recently purchased Destiny and am approaching 20 with my primary character, a Warlock. I'm still figuring out the way the game is deliberately obtuse about some things. Mostly playing coop with a,friend in story missions but we are going to start MP soon.

EDIT on PS3 but got a second copy on PS4 for the inevitable upgrade

MechDX

Lmao. I just reached level 5 today and did not know this.

And yet that lady in the messenger center in the tower does absolutely nothing. She could be informing people.

Seriously what has she done since the game started and gave out the emblems for people who played the BETA?

EDIT: what system do you play on?

Thanks for the great thread. I recently purchased Destiny and am approaching 20 with my primary character, a Warlock. I'm still figuring out the way the game is deliberately obtuse about some things. Mostly playing coop with a,friend in story missions but we are going to start MP soon.

EDIT on PS3 but got a second copy on PS4 for the inevitable upgrade

Possible chance that in September bungie could release a GOTY version of the game with the year 1 expansion 'comet'. Unless you're going to have the ps4 soon you're better off waiting to purchase that. At the very least wait till E3 to make that decision.

Top Bottom