• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

D_psipher

Anyone by chance have normal gorgon or gatekeepers? I'm down to 2,000 glimmer.

Was in the same spot yesterday when I reached I rank 5. Used the Speaker to trade ascendant shards for glimmer and I was a max glimmer in no time. So if you have a surplus of materials give that a shot.

noomi

I'm so glad I don't have to rely on begging people to carry me through trials. Sounds like a huge pain when there are many people who want to go and only 2 seats on the train at any given time.

For me it's more about having a strong team, one weak player in the team can really hinder a good run and prevent a Mercury trip.

The guys I normally play with are able to do well, we can't carry a weaker player but we can get to flawless on our own.

We are no unstables or zobas.

EL CUCO

Just got disconnected from patrol with monkey error. When the game resumed, it threw my right back in where I was. Pretty neat

ocean

Banned
They may as well put sniper scopes on the shotguns. So fucking stupid. And no rep what so ever for iron banner if you lose? I like this game, I have fun playing it but the decisions they make sometimes make me seriously consider not playing this game anymore.
Each loss will award you a Medallion, and you can have up to 5 at once.

Every time you win, all your Medallions award 80% the rep of a win. So if you've lost 4 straight matches and get a win afterwards for example, it'll give you the rep for that win plus 4*80% win reps. This means you only really get zero XP for any match you lose after a consecutive 5 losses.

As for shotguns: you can counter them with sticky grenades, blink, The Last Word, radar awareness or a shotgun of your own. I still feel shotgun damage drop off should begin way sooner than it does. Shot package and range boosting barrels or perks have done a lot of damage to PvP, completely invalidating the Fusion Rifle weapon class.

MrMuscle

Anyone with an gorgon checkpoint? Im 21 days and 12 hours deep now according to the Bungie app and still noe Gjallarhorn in sight.

Dave_6

Jesus christ that BTRD-345. 1 Reign of terror and one relentless on Anomaly.

This thing does. not. move. It fires like Suros with the rate of Corrective and impact of Thunderlord.

The best part is, I haven't even put a single upgrade on it (unlocked them, but shy of weapon parts lol). Just the base scope, accurized ballistics. If I put on Smart drift, the stability is maxed.

Yep, it is a fucking beast!

Watching Unstable this morning made me realize that he almost never confronts someone with shields. It's always a sniper shot or grenade before engaging, even if it's a hip fire sniper body shot.

phen0m24

I'm so glad I don't have to rely on begging people to carry me through trials. Sounds like a huge pain when there are many people who want to go and only 2 seats on the train at any given time.

Ouch, Todd. Begging is kind of a harsh word, while it may be true in specific instances. If there are kind souls offering help why not just acknowledge their generosity rather than the neediness
dare I say feelings of entitlement
of less than amazing players, of which I am one.

Unstable and TG and EJ/Tears, et al are doing a really selfless thing. Very very cool. :)

nOoblet16

Kneepad Bros with shotpackage are ruling PvP right now. Shoot for the head but kneepad bro will slide causing my bullets to go elsewhere and I'll die. If I don't aim for the head then the guy has more time to run up to me and slide+shotgun.

Counter is to jump back and shoot but due to lag/delay it's often hard to execute.

Namikaze1

Sorry, Darryl. Didn't see the invite till now. Was busy helping my mother unpack groceries. Anyway, I'm done with ToO this weekend. Just wanted gloves. Focusing on leveling my new stuff for now.

TP-DK

Im gonna break my Destiny disc soon. Why the fuck cant I just get the rep I deserve from playing with lagging retards in Iron Banner. Its impossible to rank up if Im on the loosing side every god damn time. And if I team up in a fireteam, its gonna be a lagging mess cause Bungie thought it would be better to matchmake in skill instead of connection.

And while I type this I get in a match thats 3 vs 6. And the match just started.. Sometimes it feels like this is Bungies first multiplayer game.

Future

Kneepad Bros with shotpackage are ruling PvP right now. Shoot for the head but kneepad bro will slide causing my bullets to go elsewhere and I'll die. If I don't aim for the head then the guy has more time to run up to me and slide+shotgun.

Counter is to jump back and shoot but due to lag/delay it's often hard to execute.

Yeah. People bitch about thorn but I think it's balance is fine with that shotgun tactic really. I rarely encounter a mid range game in destiny. Usually everyone is sprinting in trying to one shot or staying back trying to snipe or thorn tick you down. Occasionally you see a last word at midrange and then you are dead before you realize what happened

Honestly that's more stylistic variety than in the past where it was pure suros from all ranges

On psn, has anyong got gorgons or templar checkpoint?

Side note, i love thorn it's great.. but fucking hell bungje nerf it because i want to use other guns but whats the point when thorn is just king :(
oh and yeah, fuck the lag.

Agent

On psn, has anyong got gorgons or templar checkpoint?

Side note, i love thorn it's great.. but fucking hell bungje nerf it because i want to use other guns but whats the point when thorn is just king :(
oh and yeah, fuck the lag.

I have HM Gorgon if you need it. PSN: phantom8324

ExVicis

Yeah. People bitch about thorn but I think it's balance is fine with that shotgun tactic really. I rarely encounter a mid range game in destiny. Usually everyone is sprinting in trying to one shot or staying back trying to snipe or thorn tick you down. Occasionally you see a last word at midrange and then you are dead before you realize what happened

Honestly that's more stylistic variety than in the past where it was pure suros from all ranges
It's been the same on my end. Honestly as a Thorn sufferer and owner who uses TLW over it Thorn is probably fine. In dying more to Shotguns and lag-switching than anything else.

phen0m24

Im gonna break my Destiny disc soon. Why the fuck cant I just get the rep I deserve from playing with lagging retards in Iron Banner. Its impossible to rank up if Im on the loosing side every god damn time. And if I team up in a fireteam, its gonna be a lagging mess cause Bungie thought it would be better to matchmake in skill instead of connection.

And while I type this I get in a match thats 3 vs 6. And the match just started.. Sometimes it feels like this is Bungies first multiplayer game.
TP I thought about breaking it like an addiction but I see your point. I mostly played with randos yesterday and wanted to put my foot through the screen.

Stop capping A
One guy takes the heavy
We're down 2 points to 1 and everyone camps instead of trying to get the center point

Screaming inaudibly under my breath

noomi

Yep, it is a fucking beast!

Awesome! Just got one today with decent rolls.... I think... Not sure what I should be goin for with machine guns though.

Is there a reforge guide somewhere for heavy MG's?

Rolled my party crasher with kneepads, I feel like such a jerk taking people down.... But it feels so good haha.

Anyone want to help me do crota hard?

I had to drop out last night so I got a checkpoint. So it'll be quick if everyone knows what they're doing.

phen0m24

It's been the same on my end. Honestly as a Thorn sufferer and owner who uses TLW over it Thorn is probably fine. In dying more to Shotguns and lag-switching than anything else.

Two burst with Red Death or the Messenger to the face takes care of a Thorn user.
Dang I brought up the Messenger.

Top Bottom