• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

You should stop this obssession that's what you should do. Mercury is gonna get you a weapon. You don't know which one. Might not be the weapon you want. Might not be a burn you need.

So yeah... The lighthouse is overrated. Go back to what you like about destiny. PvE. And stop torturing yourself.

A lot of wisdom in this post. We play games for fun. Once they start feeling like chores, why bother?

ocean

Banned
Yup that's exactly how I felt playing. Ugh.

I just can't ever be in that middle ground. My OCD (actual I take mess) makes me either choose to go all in or not at all. I hate myself.
I also got 2 losses with Unstable last week. He was going full beast mode, but it can be luck of don't the draw. We went up against high level teams - full teams, not pros helping an average dude like me - and it can be tough to turn the tables there.

Don't beat yourself up about it man. I finally went (hitched a ride with Nghtly - took two cards because we got two losses early) and it was amazing but tbh I'll never use the Jewel over FB in PvE or over Thorn in PvP. it'll happen when it happens, don't let optional content in a video game provoke this much anxiety.

Btw I was watching and congrats. You were totally holding your own and not "being carried".

I also got 2 losses with Unstable last week. He was going full beast mode, but it can be luck of don't the draw. We went up against high level teams - full teams, not pros helping an average dude like me - and it can be tough to turn the tables there.

Don't beat yourself up about it man. I finally went (hitched a ride with Nghtly - took two cards because we got two losses early) and it was amazing but tbh I'll never use the Jewel over FB in PvE or over Thorn in PvP. it'll happen when it happens, don't let optional content in a video game provoke this much anxiety.

Btw I was watching and congrats. You were totally holding your own and not "being carried".

Thanks ocean

Back to IB once I get home. Almost at rank 5 on my Titan. Just 400 rep away.

What's the boost like for your other characters once you get one to rank 5?

Thanks ocean

Boost is pretty insane. I got one character to 5 and started second last night and I am already at level 3 after like 2-3 games lol.

ocean

Banned
Thanks ocean

I think the buff is 100% between level 1 and the highest character you've leveled. Oddly, no buff while at rank 0 but it's just 100 XP to reach level 1 anyways (1 match with today's Tempered).

Each win should be:
50 base rep
*2 tempered buff
*1.1 Shader
*1.1 Emblem
*1.1 Class Item
*2(?) Alt progression buff

If so, that'll be 266 rep per match. Insane. If bounties are buffed too, each bounty should be worth 532 rep.

Accumulated rep to rank 3 is 3,700. Rank 5 is 8,500.

Future

First time watching unstable stream. Destiny looks incredible watching that haha. Tactical usage / saving of supers, heavy round is a nice strategic pace breaker, map allows for pushing different zones and areas, special timers seem to be on point, overtime zone capture gets the tension up. Revives increase the tension and makes positioning strategically predictable.

Hand cannons rule the primaries with the occasional red death or messenger. Mostly sniper and shotguns but sometimes someone busts out the fusion exotic. Rockets only but that's mainly a mode thing.

You should stop this obssession that's what you should do. Mercury is gonna get you a weapon. You don't know which one. Might not be the weapon you want. Might not be a burn you need.

So yeah... The lighthouse is overrated. Go back to what you like about destiny. PvE. And stop torturing yourself.

Its hard to forget about that and see this thread in ToO days, also Skolas dont give quaranted PVE weapons compared to ToO chest and gold package.

We ended up with two losses. One I had the buff for but the second no dice.

Ugh. I need to either try again or never again. There's no in between for me. If I couldn't get their with unstable and his crew I don't know what the fuck I should do.

No more ToO. That's what. Fuck it.

I feel you, I just went to the lighthouse last week and take a good deep breath after that

Deku Tree

I think the buff is 100% between level 1 and the highest character you've leveled. Oddly, no buff while at rank 0 but it's just 100 XP to reach level 1 anyways (1 match with today's Tempered).

Each win should be:
50 base rep
*2 tempered buff
*1.1 Shader
*1.1 Emblem
*1.1 Class Item

If so, that'll be 266 rep per match. Insane. If bounties are buffed too, each bounty should be worth 532 rep.

Accumulated rep to rank 3 is 3,700. Rank 5 is 8,500.

Sounds right. It's much easier to get a second or third character to rank three than it is to get to rank 5. Worth it to know if all you want is another e-light.

Mindlog

Each win should be:
50 base rep
*2 tempered buff
*1.1 Shader
*1.1 Emblem
*1.1 Class Item

If so, that'll be 266 rep per match. Insane. Now I feel that might be exaggerated, please report back because 2x might be too much, I might have mixed up some numbers in my head.
Nope, that looks about right.
Got to five on my last character today.

Now the process of sorting out my Vault as it's a wreck with me being in dire need of weapon space.

ocean

Banned
Its hard to forget about that and see this thread in ToO days, also Skolas dont give quaranted PVE weapons compared to ToO chest and gold package.

I feel you, I just went to the lighthouse last week and take a good deep breath after that
ToO doesn't give "PvE" weapons. The perks aren't attractive for high level PvE compared to other stuff we have.
Sniper: low impact
Rocket launcher: no tracking
Hand Cannon: it's got nothing on Fatebringer
Auto: it's a damn Auto
Etc

They're all fantastic for PvP but, except for a Solar Jewel or a Void Scholar, I don't see myself ever using any of them in PvE.

I was dying to go, but it was more for the experience than the actual loot. And the desire for loot that I do have stems from wanting to use that stuff where it belongs - PvP. Hunger of Crota, Black Hammer, Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence et al will still be my loadouts for high end PvE even if I get the entire ToO collection.

I need that Sniper though. I need it so bad :(

A lot of wisdom in this post. We play games for fun. Once they start feeling like chores, why bother?

Not to mention that if a video game is giving you panic attacks and gout... well... I guess I'll just say a life adjustment and potentially some professional help may be in order. I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but that's just not ok in any way, shape, or form.

nOoblet16

ToO doesn't give "PvE" weapons. The perks aren't attractive for high level PvE compared to other stuff we have.
Sniper: low impact
Rocket launcher: no tracking
Hand Cannon: it's got nothing on Fatebringer
Auto: it's a damn Auto
Etc

They're all fantastic for PvP but, except for a Solar Jewel or a Void Scholar, I don't see myself ever using any of them in PvE.

I was dying to go, but it was more for the experience than the actual loot. And the desire for loot that I do have stems from wanting to use that stuff where it belongs - PvP. Hunger of Crota, Black Hammer, Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence et al will still be my loadouts for high end PvE even if I get the entire ToO collection.

I need that Sniper though. I need it so bad :(
And Messenger is a PvP gun too, infact it's a top tier PvP gun. The best legendary primary for PvP. The HC is great for PvP too except TLW just outclasses it, and Fatebringer outclasses in in PvE.

ocean

Banned
And Messenger is a PvP gun too, infact it's a top tier PvP gun. The best legendary primary for PvP. The HC is great for PvP too except TLW just outclasses it, and Fatebringer outclasses in in PvE.
Oh it's all excellent for PvP.
Scholar is a 3 shot kill. Messenger looks beastly. The Jewel is as good as a Legendary HC can be. The Sniper has great perks and ridiculous aim assist. The Rocket has high blast radius, velocity, proximity detonation and Tripod - it's a perfect roll. The Auto Rifle is actually great by stats and perks, suffers only because of that weapon class' current state but it'll be amazing if ARs get fixed.

These weapons are all highly attractive for PvP. I was just addressing this generalized notion that PvE-only players are missing out because they don't like PvP and there's stuff there that they want. When really, the stuff you can get in ToO is easily outclassed for PvE.

Thanks ocean

Insane. I just went from level 3 to 5 in 4 matches with my hunter (warlock already level 5) and I didnt even deliver bounties. lol

Only the titan left.

Top Bottom