• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Just got my first BTRD and re-rolled it to this:

Hidden Hand
Crowd Control
Smallbore

No Aggressive ballistics though. Should I keep rolling? Only have 65 motes to burn.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone have any recommendations for catching up. I'm only level 27, and never really got into any of the end game stuff. I'd like to try and level up and eventually try some of the raids, etc.
If you are level 27 and feel as though you don't have a clear path forward, it's very likely you don't have any current gear at all. If you post your Bungie.net profile I can give you more specific advice but I imagine you want to buy gloves, boots and chestpiece from the Vanguard or Crucible/Faction vendors and Ascend an Exotic helm.
I'll go!
edit: wow, this thread moves fast.
What class?
Ive never did 35 before but im down.
Are you 34 with a good arsenal of weapons? What class would you bring?

hoggert

If you are level 27 and feel as though you don't have a clear path forward, it's very likely you don't have any current gear at all. If you post your Bungie.net profile I can give you more specific advice but I imagine you want to buy gloves, boots and chestpiece from the Vanguard or Crucible/Faction vendors and Ascend an Exotic helm.

What class?

Hunter. 34. 365 sniper and truth.

OkayRene

Alright guys, I need your help. I have 5 Etheric Light I'm sitting on, with a 6th coming tomorrow.

My Titan is Level 34 already, it's mainly strength gear from Varicks, but I think right now I need to level up my weapons, first—right?

So I've identified these weapons as candidates for 365 Ascension:

Primary
  • Fatebringer - 300 - Arc
  • Visions of Confluence - 300 - Solar
  • Fang of Ir Yuit - 331 - Arc

Special
  • Praedyth’s Revenge - 300 - Void
  • Black Hammer - 331 - Solar
  • Judgement VI - 331 - Shot Package/Luck in the Chamber - Arc
  • Found Verdict - 300 - Arc

Heavy
  • Hunger of Crota - 331 - Solar
  • The Dream Maker - 331 - Tripod/Tracking - Void

What would you guys spend it on for general use? PvE + PvP

What class?

34 hunter and my maxed void weapons are the messenger,tomorrows answer and corrective measure and I have void 331 special weapons.

gatti-man

Anyone doing trial of Osiris? Haven't got my 9-0 yet and really want to get it done. Went 9-1 last week. Psn Gatti-man. I'll be on doing iron banner.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/4048040

Thank you.

I'll also take a look through the guides in the OP to see if I can make much sense of it.

zewone

This is why I play Trials.

kERj5eM.jpg

i don't really like the judgement chance system

its annoying when you're trying to get gear and you get some bullshit weapon for the 3rd time

why can't we spend like 2 armor cores for a guaranteed random armor piece

that would probably be too easy

Ken

i don't really like the judgement chance system

its annoying when you're trying to get gear and you get some bullshit weapon for the 3rd time

why can't we spend like 2 armor cores for a guaranteed random armor piece

that would probably be too easy

Seriously. I was trying to gear my Hunter from level 20. Needed at least 2 legendary non-head pieces and Judgment Chanced 5 useless weapons.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
How important is the DLC? It's twice the price of the game. I'm getting my console on the 17th and I have Destiny and other games coming tomorrow.

Fun seeing it from your PoV. Watching Noomi, it was like:

" Golden Gun almost up"

me - nice

"Ten seconds left"

me - oh shit

Pops Golden Gun

me - yes!!

At least you knew the GG was ready when OT was announced.

I should stream my ToOs.

Me: oh fuck, I'm down.

Teammate 1: where?

Me: I don't know. I've never played this map.

Teammate 2: mmmkay...

Me: fuck I'm down again. I fucking hate this game. I just want a gjallarhorn.

Thank you to Cosmo/Byron, Todd, and Nya for helping me get to the lighthouse on my Warlock. Got another solar hand cannon so I discarded it.

Deku Tree

How important is the DLC? It's twice the price of the game. I'm getting my console on the 17th and I have Destiny and other games coming tomorrow.

Play the main game. Once you "beat the game" if your looking for more then buy HoW for $20. You can basically skip TDB at this point if you want. Everyone is playing ToO now and many parts of TDB have gone free like the PvP maps and the exotics.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/4048040

Thank you.

I'll also take a look through the guides in the OP to see if I can make much sense of it.
haha, you are using two blues, an unascended Exotic and an original Legendary. anything you do at all will level you up. :) The first purchase you make should be a pair of vendor boots.

If you don't have Exotic Shards to Ascend the Exotic helm, Xur will be selling them again next Friday and Saturady.

IMO its at prob 35-40% of the "content" which stats alot of people mainly do the newer stuff. And the base game is lacking in aspects.

todd360

I should stream my ToOs.

The mmmkay made me laugh for some reason.

KyleP29

You can still have fun and reach max level without, but you are really going to want to get it to join in on the activities most are focusing on (PoE, ToO, Crota Raids)

You would still have vault of glass, most weeklies, most nightfalls, and iron banner events if you didnt get it. And really until you get to level 28, there isn't a huge need for any of the expansion so you could hold out until then and see if you like the game enough. But make sure you do at least 1 raid before deciding one way or the other.

I should stream my ToOs.

I laughed. For real... out loud right in the office. Luckily everyone is gone for the day.

noomi

Thank you to Cosmo/Byron, Todd, and Nya for helping me get to the lighthouse on my Warlock. Got another solar hand cannon so I discarded it.

Another solar hand cannon.... Another.... Solar..... Hand cannon.....

Please RNG, just one is enough for me.

Frenden

Banned
I received a 20/20 AMR7 Sniper Rifle with Shortgaze, Ambush, Rodeo and Unflinching. I'm not satisfied about the middle row though, it has skip rounds, injection mold and lightweight. But after wasting rolls on getting this stuff on LGH I guess i'll settle lol.
I have a 20/20 with Shortgaze, Hidden Hand, Handlaid Stock (IIRC--reduced range, added stability), and Unflinching. Super fun.

Top Bottom