• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

We just finished. That lucky bastard got the scrubbiest players imaginable for his 9th match. We didn't lose a single round. He didn't get anything good from mercury though.

I gotcha. If you play later on hit me up. I have a 4-0 card I'd like to get to the light house.

haha, you are using two blues, an unascended Exotic and an original Legendary. anything you do at all will level you up. :) The first purchase you make should be a pair of vendor boots.

If you don't have Exotic Shards to Ascend the Exotic helm, Xur will be selling them again next Friday and Saturady.

Ok, and what's the easiest way to gain rep. I'm still level 0 on everything, so I'm still unable to purchase gear.

It kills me that ToO is weekends only, as someone who primarily games during the week and spends time with his girlfriend during the weekend it's super dissapointing that I can't really engage in that content except for a brief period on monday. Timelocked content is kind of dissapointingly cruel. I also miss Xur super often, they should allow purchasing in app or from the website ideally.

traveler

Not Wario
Any 3 man PvE groups need anyone on PSN? I need

1 34 PoE
1 35 PoE
3 32 PoEs
2 Nightfalls

I've yet to run 34 or 35 PoE, so I'd prefer to get to try those, but I'm down for any of the above.

PSN is grayfour

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ok, and what's the easiest way to gain rep. I'm still level 0 on everything, so I'm still unable to purchase gear.
Holy crap, how did you get those Legendaries? o_o

Bounties, by far. Focus on Vanguard first.

Also do the Daily and Weekly Heroic at the highest level available to yours, and the highest Vanguard Strike playlist available to you (or Crucible for Crucible rep).

Definity

Anyone lost items when using the app to transfer them to the vault? Just had a buddy lose a weapon and it's nowhere to be found after transfer.

todd360

I gotcha. If you play later on hit me up. I have a 4-0 card I'd like to get to the light house.

I'm planning on playing the new episode of telltale game of thrones before the new episode tonight. So I won't be doing trials again until Friday. Try to get a hold of me then and I'll play with you.

blackflag

This just happened. Thank you based Thunderlord.

PvmUw52l.jpg

Mindlog

Still looking for one more for trials if anyone's interested.
Still open?
I would put myself as slightly above average. Aiming to get at least 8 wins if we don't run into too many sweaty teams. My last card was 8-0 before two tough losses :[

I played the map just now a few times, but still not too familiar with it.
join us for PoE35

PSN squidhands
Not meaning to poach, but my Titan needs 34 and 35. I've cleared it with my other classes.

I think Trials without the ability to carry using repeated tickets would be a way, way better event even though I'm sure it'd be impossible to implement, and I know nobody would agree with me. Way better.

noomi

I'm hearing the term "sweaty teams" a lot lately, not sure what it means but I'm thinking it's some sort of a jab against certain players.

Sounds funny, but I feel a bit out of the loop. Gaf, please explain.

I'm hearing the term "sweaty teams" a lot lately, not sure what it means but I'm thinking it's some sort of a jab against certain players.

It means players that try (as in they try so hard they sweat). It's usually used by players that try.

Deku Tree

Nah, isn't Skolas ship from PoE 35 much better?

Same ship. Different shader.

Woots my 2nd trip to the lighthouse ... and got my 4th Gjallerhorn, and an arc auto rifle :(

Congrats Qwell!

I think Trials without the ability to carry using repeated tickets would be a way, way better event even though I'm sure it'd be impossible to implement, and I know nobody would agree with me. Way better.

So once you go 9-0 then your locked out of the event until next week? You think this would reduce the level of competition by keeping the PvP gods from playing over and over again? Wouldn't people just keep going 8-0 and destroying their cards if they wanted to carry? Hard to imagine how this would work effectively in practice.

Please...go on.

I could see it being better as an event, and each game being better, but I think the community is fragmenting enough with so many end game stuffs, and most being 3 person teams. That would really make it hard to find a team if your pool consisted of only people that haven't completed it.

Mindlog

Basically tough competition. The nail biting games where it comes down to a Gungslinger barely capping the flag :]

Still open?
I would put myself as slightly above average. Aiming to get at least 8 wins if we don't run into too many sweaty teams. My last card was 8-0 before two tough losses :[

I played the map just now a few times, but still not too familiar with it.

Not meaning to poach, but my Titan needs 34 and 35. I've cleared it with my other classes.
okay, cool. I'd just like to get one under my belt at least.

lt519

Skolas today, first attempt, dismantled both rounds of mines and killed him but died as we killed him. Second attempt wiped him with no deaths. The void fight is seriously easy, especially with three titans.

I don't know where it came from but it sounds dumb and I cringe every time I hear someone say it.

it just means that they're "tryhards" and they're taking the game very seriously. You know, the guys decked out with all the meta weapons and gear. Or the one head glitching in the back of the map with final round. Or the one who switches out Thorn for Truth in the middle of the game to pick up heavy ammo.

Rocketz

I've used 3 keys this week and got the same gun, Payment VI, each time. So frustrating. I'm not even going to use my last key until the reset.

noomi

That's pretty much what I thought lol, thanks guys.

Also pretty sure we had someone head glitching in one of our rounds today...

Same ship. Different shader.

So once you go 9-0 then your locked out of the event until next week? You think this would reduce the level of competition by keeping the PvP gods from playing over and over again? Wouldn't people just keep going 8-0 and destroying their cards if they wanted to carry? Hard to imagine how this would work effectively in practice.

That'd be the idea, but I don't think it'd work in practice because people would do exactly as you said. That's why I said I can't see it even being possible to implement unless you wanted to be way too restrictive like not allowing tickets to be abandoned. I can't think of a practical way to implement it. I'm just saying that, in theory, I think it'd be a way better system.

Please...go on.

I could see it being better as an event, and each game being better, but I think the community is fragmenting enough with so many end game stuffs, and most being 3 person teams. That would really make it hard to find a team if your pool consisted of only people that haven't completed it.

It would increase the number of unique teams able to complete the ticket. I think that would encourage more play (and thus, active searching and grouping) from average to decent players who would have a better shot at a perfect ticket.

And regardless, I can't imagine Bungie envisioned the event being riddled with sherpas. Maybe they did, but I think it kind of defeats the purpose of the event when repeated carrying is so common.

Top Bottom