• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yarp.

ikymvuc70i9KA.png

Mindlog

Skolas down.
Fourth Elder Cipher. I guess that answers that question.
Peregrine Greaves from the big chest!

Thanks for the run Silver and Biggy. Took a bit to get it all together, but that was as legit as that fight gets. Had fun running through the mechanics.

Ok. I admit it. I really like the Skolas fight with Void Burn. It might be good too with no Burn at all.

It demands coordination and teamwork and you can actually run around without getting killed in one shot.

Edit: Got a third cypher! I shall have all exotics again! Except for Fate of All Fools but who knows how to get that.

Ok. I admit it. I really like the Skolas fight with Void Burn. It might be good too with no Burn at all.

It demands coordination and teamwork and you can actually run around without getting killed in one shot.

Edit: Got a third cypher! I shall have all exotics again! Except for Fate of All Fools but who knows how to get that.

Agreed.

It's a lot of fun.

joecanada

There are some rare ocassions the stick would fail like

Starting a super
During a super
Moving to the sides with high agi char
Running
Close, super long target adquisition to let the auto aim stick to the enemy

You forgot lag. If you are in a laggy match just forget about sticky s

LiK

going from one train where people talked nonstop to another where people said basically nothing except hearing them breathing was pretty funny.

LTWood12

I really enjoyed it this week too! Amazing how much of a difference it makes when you don't die in 2 shots to everything!

going from one train where people talked nonstop to another where people said basically nothing except hearing them breathing was pretty funny.

I like to talk while I play but I'm like 3 hours ahead of most of you so I can't speak too loudly or I'd wake the house. :( Sucks.

Biggy

Ok. Joining. Get Mindlog too.

Ur a Titan, right? I'm a Hunter. We should be good no matter what Mindlog comes as.

Thanks for the help guys, that was my first skolas kill. I'm still running in circles lol.
Are the emblem, shader and ship only obtainable from the big chest?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I don't think I have any problem with the fight itself at all with void burn. I haven't been totally prepared for it or in veteran groups yet and it likely isn't as daunting as it seems. I wouldn't have mind continuing to make small progress for even longer than the 2 hours and 45 minutes we spent trying to get him.

I don't like that twice now I've had to abandon the entire run after hours of trying with no reward, static progress, or even the ability to attempt the encounter again as is if I can't do so by Tuesday.

:-/

Thanks for the help guys, that was my first skolas kill. I'm still running in circles lol.
Are the emblem, shader and ship only obtainable from the big chest?

Unfortunatelly yes. DOn't worry. They will be there once you are able to open it for the first time after a skolas kill.

Nori Chan

The only maps I swap TLW out for Thorn on are Skyshock and Widow's Court. Large maps with flat space and a bunch of buildings to hide behind need DoT to whittle down the other players.

But that's you and a handful of people? Others will live and die by the thorn even if the map is a 2x2 room lol

LTWood12

So I've got two characters to rank 3 in IB. Will my third also get a boost up to rank 3, or do I have to get one of my other 2 to rank 4 to get a boost on my third?

I don't think I have any problem with the fight itself at all with void burn. I haven't been totally prepared for it or in veteran groups yet and it likely isn't as daunting as it seems. I wouldn't have mind continuing to make small progress for even longer than the 2 hours and 45 minutes we spent trying to get him.

I don't like that twice now I've had to abandon the entire run after hours of trying with no reward, static progress, or even the ability to attempt the encounter again as is if I can't do so by Tuesday.

Wanna try again tomorrow? Send me a msg if I'm online. We can do it.

Mindlog

Do I need a second Queenbreaker Bow or Lord of Wolves first?

Yeah that sucks and it can be frustrating, but eventually the Hawk will be taking noobies on a guided tour through the encounter :]
I'm already considering possibilities to make the encounter easier for groups that can't burn him immediately.
#1 Guide Skolas to the back of the room that way he can't bombard any of the mine points and adds are even easier to manage. Shoot him from above.
#2 Slow DPS to ensure only one set of mines spawn at a time. Not really a problem most of the time. Rotate all of the non-hunters to the far mine immediately.
#3 Only worry about breaking chains then rotate as a group around the map slowly completing objectives as necessary.
Just little stuff that probably everyone else has thought of.
Happy to help.

But that's you and a handful of people? Others will live and die by the thorn even if the map is a 2x2 room lol

eh, weapon choice is taking my point off on a bit of a tangent. i don't like all of these campy maps. Widow's Court is fine in Skirmish and Clash but Trials turns it into the kind of maps i detest. i had enough of the long ranged peak shoot battles in the last two Halo games.

Top Bottom