• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Nori Chan

eh, weapon choice is taking my point off on a bit of a tangent. i don't like all of these campy maps. widow's court is fine in skirmish and clash but trials turns it into the kind of maps i detest.

Trials is basically use every cheap thing available to win. Thorn, last round, blink/shotgun, etc.

welp, rerolled my LGH again

shortgaze and ambush
hidden hand
injection mold
and...wait for it...
replenish

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

XenoRaven

eh, weapon choice is taking my point off on a bit of a tangent. i don't like all of these campy maps. Widow's Court is fine in Skirmish and Clash but Trials turns it into the kind of maps i detest. i had enough of the long ranged peak shoot battles in the last two Halo games.
I don't play many shooters but I feel like this is a tall order in a game with no weapon spawns and the ability to spawn with ranged weapons. Other than ammo pickups, there's very little incentive to move around the map.

Any IB spot open?

or

ToO?

Cool... just getting the bounties on Tower ;)

And....we just filled up. We had a couple of people trying to fill it up. Sorry. :/ Unless you're one of the ones that just joined. Then Yay!

I'll be getting to rank 5 soon. So you can take my spot when I get there. Like 200 points to go.

Karl2177

eh, weapon choice is taking my point off on a bit of a tangent. i don't like all of these campy maps. Widow's Court is fine in Skirmish and Clash but Trials turns it into the kind of maps i detest. i had enough of the long ranged peak shoot battles in the last two Halo games.

Trials is basically use every cheap thing available to win. Thorn, last round, blink/shotgun, etc.

Basically. It's do what you have to in order to win. I won on both Pantheon and Burning Shrine by staying back and outsniping the enemy. I also won by bum-rushing their side of the map. I've done the same on this map also. Plus a little diversity in the types of map, whether it's more long range or more CQC focused, isn't going to kill Trials.

I don't play many shooters but I feel like this is a tall order in a game with no weapon spawns and the ability to spawn with ranged weapons. Other than ammo pickups, there's very little incentive to move around the map.

Because Bungie keeps [intentionally] removing the incentive.

When they add high ground, they put another place on the map with a bunch of cover to camp, therefore removing any reason to contest the high ground. When they have a good mix or high ground and safe spots, they leave the spawns open. When they get the spawns and height variation right, the sightlines are cluttered. Or they'll get the layout perfect, but it'll be too flat and then they'll throw a bunch of line of sight blockers around the place to break up the sightlines. I'm not going to claim to be some map guru but these are some basic tenets of design that I learned from them.

LiK

Because Bungie keeps [intentionally] removing the incentive.

When they add high ground, they put another place on the map with a bunch of cover to camp, therefore removing any reason to contest the high ground. When they have a good mix or high ground and safe spots, they leave the spawns open. When they get the spawns and height variation right, the sightlines are cluttered. Or they'll get the layout perfect, but it'll be too flat and then they'll throw a bunch of line of sight blockers around the place to break up the sightlines. I'm not going to claim to be some map guru but these are some basic tenets of design that I learned from them.

seems annoying that we haven't gotten a single large map that's actually fun. First Light and Skywatch etc are all trash.

Basically. It's do what you have to in order to win. I won on both Pantheon and Burning Shrine by staying back and outsniping the enemy. I also won by bum-rushing their side of the map. I've done the same on this map also. Plus a little diversity in the types of map, whether it's more long range or more CQC focused, isn't going to kill Trials.

I don't necessarily struggle with adapting to the map or playstyle of the opponents. But conforming to the meta strategy, especially when the map is being played a certainly way that demands it, completely bores me.

_woLf

FUCK THE CAULDRON

That is literally the only fucking map that I EVER get. worst map in the entire fucking game.

Fuck you bungie. HFUKLSDH JFKLHSDJKLF SD

FUCK THE CAULDRON

That is literally the only fucking map that I EVER get. worst map in the entire fucking game.

Fuck you bungie. HFUKLSDH JFKLHSDJKLF SD

Coincidentally relevant - Cauldron has one of the strongest layouts in the game.

But hello, let's add automatic doors because we don't want to make a meaningful centerpiece.

I don't understand why it's in Control either.

Wtf how is that even possible, is that shared between 3 character? There's no way I'll earn enough to ascend all my gear. I'm already contemplating which gear to dump

I ascend my favorite guns (i think 3 black hammers, 2 fatebringers, ldr, against all odds, y-09 longbow, voc, word of crota, corrective measure) and most off my vog and ce gear. Still have 11.

Got to mercury twice. Did rank 5 on ib with 3 chars. Poe 32, 34 and 35 every week. I guess thats how.

still never got one on nightfall.

How does the second character buff work exactly?

My titan is 3 almost 4.

Can I really get other 2 characters to 3 in 5 matches (as LT said he did)? I wouldn't mind a few extra Etheric Light for safe-keeping.

LiK

Doesn't feel like Destiny PvP is fun in large maps.

the spawn points are too far so there's a lot of running to the control zones and the vehicles aren't fun at all. such a far cry from the Halo PVP maps.

Coincidentally relevant - Cauldron has one of the strongest layouts in the game.

But hello, let's add automatic doors because we don't want to make a meaningful centerpiece.

i love the Cauldron, of my fave PVP maps. i think Asylum sucks for control tho.

got the perfect roll again but shortgaze is nowhere to be found.

I got so sick of rerolling that gun I sharded it. Felt dumb afterwards, but it just dropped again for me from IB.

Back to the rerolling lottery and much frustration—still can't get a hand cannon with LiTC + Final Round :( :( :(

Lima

Two Mark of the Unbroken in a row today in Trials? Yo my sniping is on point.

Also Koro hurry up and get on. We have people waiting.

_woLf

Seriously, the doors kill ALL flow in the map. And I have played it more than any map all week in Iron Banner. I never want to see that map again in my life.

BEYOND frustrating.

FUCK rerolled a duplicate of the LGH that i saved because the roll was almost perfect

ambush
hidden hand
injection mold
unflinching
solar burn

i literally have the same thing in my vault right now.

BUNGIE PLS GIVE ME SHORGAZE

Top Bottom