• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

GGs to fig and ruthless, we had some frustrating matches but I'm guessing having a Trials fire team across 3 continents isn't ideal :p

That does not sound ideal haha. Although I played with Ruthless and Wheel before and didn't suffer from that much lag. Yesterday I had this really laggy moment where I sniped a guy and he didn't die until his teammates were dead. Was kind of surprised seeing my name pop up.

Fun but underwhelming and could be a really great gun but it feels like they said no and gutted the fun out of it.

The bullet deflection and "tracking" is not useful at all and will miss 99.999999999% of the time. Woulda like the bullets to bounce once or twice between targets. It would at least justify the slow bullets. And the bullets are sloooow. You have to lead your shots like crazy if the target is moving and it's really hard to hit if you're not super close. Kinda frustrating to use in that sense.

That's really disappointing. It looks and sounds cool.

M3Rocket

shorgaze
rodeo
hand laid stock
unflinching
void burn

i don't know what rodeo does. sounds redundant to the massive stability boost.

Rodeo usually makes the recoil more predictable--the gun simply goes up and down. No sideway movement.

That's the exact roll I settled on with my LGH. I have since gotten a few more, and have been trying to reroll for Hidden Hand instead of Rodeo, but am hampered by weapon parts shortage.

M3Rocket

Played IB with randoms, top of the team, 24 kills, 5k+ score, 3,5 K.D ratio.

WTF!

Playing with DGAF is bad for me. I'm always at the bottom. :p

Whenever I've been on the Unstable or GAF IB Train, I inevitably end up at the bottom with K/D barely at 0.2 to 0.7. When I go it alone, I usually end up at the top half with K/D's above 1.2 to 1.7. I just can't keep up with the kills, nor am able to survive being hunted by the better players of the opposition who are probably matched to the average skill of the entire train team.

I've since learned that in many ways, because my PvP skills are not anywhere near some of the better GAFfers that I'm better off with Bungie's IB/Control matchmaking by going in solo or with one to two people that are closer in ability. Which is arguable the way it should be. Albeit completely opposite of ToO matchmaking it seems like, but I digress.

Rerolled my Matador 64 with: Accurized, Shot Package, Rifle Barreled, and Luck in the Chamber. Wanted Aggressive, but otherwise it's perfect. I'll take it.

it has been conquered

zIGFJlS.jpg

8WfR7tL.jpg

void jewel and hunter helmet for cosmos! pretty good haul

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Rerolled my Matador 64 with: Accurized, Shot Package, Rifle Barreled, and Luck in the Chamber. Wanted Aggressive, but otherwise it's perfect. I'll take it.

I got Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, Smallbore and Kneepads on my fifth roll yesterday.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
thanks again for the train stops kadey and co. felt like it took me a long time to hit rank 3 somehow.

grats byron.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So people are loving the Matador? I've crushed all of mine as I've gotten them. Didn't seem as good as Found Verdict, Party Crasher or Judgment.
Is there something special about the gun that I'm not aware of?

I also heard today from someone on my party that the sniper that drops in crucible is considered one of the best in the game now. It's a dark blue gun (almost has a tiny of purple to it). I can't remember the name now. I think its three words long though if that helps. Something about it having the strongest auto-aim in the game.

Ken

So people are loving the Matador? I've crushed all of mine as I've gotten them. Didn't seem as good as Found Verdict, Party Crasher or Judgment.

I also heard today from someone on my party that the sniper that drops in crucible is considered one of the best in the game now. It's a dark blue gun (almost has a tiny of purple to it). I can't remember the name now. I think its three words long though if that helps. Something about it having the strongest auto-aim in the game.

Low-Grade Humility

Mercury!

=...]

I can't believe I finally made it. Thanks so much to Zoba and his teammate Chris. I have a new appreciation for PvP skills. It was like watching strategic soldiers at work. You are both amazing Guardians. Thank you.

So many thanks to Zoba, Unstable, and the many other folks helping Guardians make their passage to Mercury.

Bitsurugi, thanks again for giving me your spot on Unstable's stream this morning. Another example of how fantastic this community is. So happy to be back over the past month.

I got a Jewel of Osiris (Void) and the Hunter Helmet. Bought the gauntlets and grabbed all the reward packages.

Thanks again sooooo much!

ethomaz

Banned
For me...

Judgment > Matador 64 > Party Crasher +1 > Felwinters > All others.

Mercury!

=...]

I can't believe I finally made it. Thanks so much to Zoba and his teammate Chris. I have a new appreciation for PvP skills. It was like watching strategic soldiers at work. You are both amazing Guardians. Thank you.

So many thanks to Zoba, Unstable, and the many other folks helping Guardians make their passage to Mercury.

Bitsurugi, thanks again for giving me your spot on Unstable's stream this morning. Another example of how fantastic this community is. So happy to be back over the past month.

I got a Jewel of Osiris (Void) and the Hunter Helmet. Bought the gauntlets and grabbed all the reward packages.

Thanks again sooooo much!

i wouldn't have been able to rage quit this game if i hadn't fulfilled my promise to you lol
thanks for sticking it out!

this map plays a lot better when i'm able to play aggressive on it. really not a fan of the crouching tiger hidden dragon bullshit but we were up in their faces a lot.

Whenever I've been on the Unstable or GAF IB Train, I inevitably end up at the bottom with K/D barely at 0.2 to 0.7. When I go it alone, I usually end up at the top half with K/D's above 1.2 to 1.7. I just can't keep up with the kills, nor am able to survive being hunted by the better players of the opposition who are probably matched to the average skill of the entire train team.

I've since learned that in many ways, because my PvP skills are not anywhere near some of the better GAFfers that I'm better off with Bungie's IB/Control matchmaking by going in solo or with one to two people that are closer in ability. Which is arguable the way it should be. Albeit completely opposite of ToO matchmaking it seems like, but I digress.

Yup. I'm always last on gaf train but playing solo or with one friend/gaffer, I was getting 20+ kills, 5k points and 3+ KDR.

Anybody want to do a 32/34/35 PoE run w me and Jigga? Or just some 32/34 action, w/e?

I'll be back on in couple of hours if you guys still need to run PoE.

Train keeps going.

iymXqvE6UuJ1q.png

Wow what a coincidence, I had the exact same stats on my first IB game of the day few hours ago..

RJKkbWx.jpg

Madness. Team SEXY for the win!

i wouldn't have been able to rage quit this game if i hadn't fulfilled my promise to you lol
thanks for sticking it out!

this map plays a lot better when i'm able to play aggressive on it. really not a fan of the crouching tiger hidden dragon bullshit but we were up in their faces a lot.

Yeah I'm not a great sniper and that map definitely needs it at times. Pinching them in and finishing them off close was a blast.

Zocano

Cool to know you have similar feelings about it that I do. I keep repeating the phrase but it's too much "cat-and-mouse" shenanigans for me. Too much room to avoid fights and just hide and snipe/ambush for me.

Rusted Lands pls come soon.

Top Bottom