• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Blinking around Widow's Court really changes how the map feels.

i still am not really fond of it for Trials though. the draw distance alone makes a lot of the longer ranged engagements feel very cheap. there's much more verticality than i give it credit for earlier, but i was still running into teams ignoring it in favor of camping the buildings with shotguns and camo. didn't make for very interesting games.

two aggressive teams however make the matches much more engaging, especially since they're less likely to be head glitching with Thorns. once the nade spam dies down, it's just a bunch of Last Word duels in the streets, and that's my kind of game.

it helps that the European dead zone is the most interesting palette in the game thus far. E3 should be interesting since it's when we'll get a glimpse of Old Chicago and the other locations that were teased.

Today was so weird. I played 3x Crucible daily, and like 2 IB matches and I get 2x Low Grade Humility that I've wanted. And 1x Skolas right after and get Her Benevolence that I've wanted since I first heard about it and especially since ToO starred.

Rhaegar

Yeah, I was playing really bad. I need to stop staying up and playing until 3 am.

Evolved, I will help you get that 9-0 no matter what man.

Of this, I have no doubt! I'll level my Alpha Lupi for the occasion. Thanks again for your help-- you learn so much when you play with high level PVPers in this mode.

TheOddOne

Blinking around Widow's Court really changes how the map feels.

i still am not really fond of it for Trials though. the draw distance alone makes a lot of the longer ranged engagements feel very cheap. there's much more verticality than i give it credit for earlier, but i was still running into teams ignoring it in favor of camping the buildings with shotguns and camo. didn't make for very interesting games.

two aggressive teams however make the matches much more engaging, especially since they're less likely to be head glitching with Thorns. once the nade spam dies down, it's just a bunch of Last Word duels in the streets, and that's my kind of game.

it helps that the European dead zone is the most interesting palette in the game thus far. E3 should be interesting since it's when we'll get a glimpse of Old Chicago and the other locations that were teased.
What's the deal with all the fog on this map.

Pls explain.

Pls.

Anybody want to run a PoE Lv35 w Jigga and Phaethon? I may have to bail before we can finish. Or if anyone just needs a Skolas kill since I've already done 4 this week.

Thanks to DrDrizzay and Jigga for the PoE32 run. You guys rock.

Thanks for the fun run! Hopefully we can get you in your very first raid soon.

Spy

Is anyone down to run a quick level 34 PoE? I am on the final part of my Elder Cipher. 900/1000 points.

PS4

TheOddOne

cross map sniping is basically name tagging, but it's not as bad as burning shrine fortunately.
Yeah.

The map has some serious white bleed through, which makes the visual feedback way too busy and washed out. Shrine has the yellow pattern and for most part works, but the outside bloom destroys clarity to everybody facing from the outside. Pantheon has the green pattern, everything looks about the same but strikingly enough the areas themselves are quite clear. Just wish the map had a more fun layout though.

Today was so weird. I played 3x Crucible daily, and like 2 IB matches and I get 2x Low Grade Humility that I've wanted. And 1x Skolas right after and get Her Benevolence that I've wanted since I first heard about it and especially since ToO starred.
In a span of four days I’ve gotten: Two Low-Grade Humility’s, my third Eye of Sol, and my first Her Benevolence and Black Hammer.

I’m drowning in goodness right now.

coughlanio

I've really improved in PvP thanks to IB. I feel at this point the best thing I can do to improve is get the hang of blink.
I can't get the hang of blink.

Really like the other characters catch up on Iron Banana. Managed to get to characters to lvl 3 pretty easily hopefully I can get the last there tonight for another bit of light.

Jinjo

I've really improved in PvP thanks to IB. I feel at this point the best thing I can do to improve is get the hang of blink.
I can't get the hang of blink.

The best thing about blink is your enemies being totally confused where you are. The worst thing about blink is being totally confused where your enemies are lol.

9-0'd 6 times this week. Just enough to start hating the Court.

Got Bulletproof twice in a row against the same guys. Sent me a PM calling me 'Catfag'. How original. XD

Shito

The best thing about blink is your enemies being totally confused where you are. The worst thing about blink is being totally confused where your enemies are lol.
Haha, yeah.
As someone who only plays PVP every few IB, this is probably the biggest hurdle I have to overcome, with learning the new maps; I'm doing okay with the evasive blinks, but the offensive ones I nearly always fuck myself up and end up taking more time to find where my enemy is than him shooting me. ^^

123rl

Finally hit level 5 :D Raining down that Space Magic, baby:

dlBzRUR.gif

Yeah I've found the best counter to blink is to just double jump straight up. Whenever I see a warlock or hunter running toward me with a shotgun, i just assume they have blink and I double jump as soon as they jump. Most of the time it works out and they're looking around for where I went and then I come down and proceed to miss my shotgun blast and then catch a felwinter to the face, so I die anyway.

ethomaz

Banned
The worst enemy to kill in IB...

Warlock Sunsinger "The Ram".

You even fear when you see these horns.

PS. I killed a lot of Titan Shudder Changes lol... they think they will kill in one hit but they are killed by the Sunsinger Melee giving me frame shield lol

Shito

The worst enemy to kill in IB...

Warlock Sunsinger "The Ram".

You even fear when you see these horns.

PS. I killed a lot of Titan Shudder Changes lol... they think they will kill in one hit but they are killed by the Sunsinger Melee giving me frame shield lol
Yep.
More afraid of ram warlocks than bladedancers doing their super...

I had a Low-Grade Humility and sharded it because I'm an idiot :(

Oh well, hopefully another one will drop today while Bananering.

You went to Mercury didn't you? I'll never be able to lay eyes on it first hand...

Finally hit level 5 :D Raining down that Space Magic, baby:

dlBzRUR.gif

Space Magic medal is the best! I see you rocking the Juju as well. Which one do you prefer for PvP, Armor Piercing Rounds, Send It or Perfect Balance?

123rl

For PVP, definitely perfect balance. For PvE, I switch between that and send it. Bad Juju is great for PVP though. It's my default choice now.

Jinjo

Quoting this so I can watch it at home as work blocks anything gaming related. Thank god it doesn't register GAF as gaming related lol.

Yeah I've found the best counter to blink is to just double jump straight up. Whenever I see a warlock or hunter running toward me with a shotgun, i just assume they have blink and I double jump as soon as they jump. Most of the time it works out and they're looking around for where I went and then I come down and proceed to miss my shotgun blast and then catch a felwinter to the face, so I die anyway.

Haha yeah, I tend to overblink on my opponents a lot and are just too far away for my shotgun. Offensive blinking is definitely something I need to learn better. Had a lot of fun trying to get the hang of it in ToO yesterday though. Definitely upped my game on Widow's Court yesterday. As Zoba said, it changes the way you move about the map completely.

Also, try missing an entire Invective clip, that made me feel so scrubby yesterday lol.

Yep.
More afraid of ram warlocks than bladedancers doing their super...

Yesterday I just popped my blades at the church and this guy was trying to rush away, but he overjumped and was struggling to save his life near the edge of the map. Meanwhile, I was just standing there looking at him panic lol. Then when he finally jumped back I slashed once and killed him.

Hunter supers are so scary because you can always hear them go off before anything actually happens.

For PVP, definitely perfect balance. For PvE, I switch between that and send it

Agree on the Perfect Balance. It helps so much in getting those full-burst headshots.

Siaynoqq

Kadey, I saw your invite but I was in the middle of a trials run that ended in a devastating 8-1 :(

Anyone need one more for IB? Need to play something with less anxiety for a while.

Siaynoqq

Thanks again guys for that easy ass Skolas kill. No weapon, but I did get an elder cipher. Hopefully I get to run it on my other two characters tomorrow.

Been having a lot of trouble with skolas with void burn for some reason. Had no issues with arc burn and it seems to me that void would be easier. Not sure what the issue is.

bitsurugi

Mercury!

=...]

I can't believe I finally made it. Thanks so much to Zoba and his teammate Chris. I have a new appreciation for PvP skills. It was like watching strategic soldiers at work. You are both amazing Guardians. Thank you.

So many thanks to Zoba, Unstable, and the many other folks helping Guardians make their passage to Mercury.

Bitsurugi, thanks again for giving me your spot on Unstable's stream this morning. Another example of how fantastic this community is. So happy to be back over the past month.

I got a Jewel of Osiris (Void) and the Hunter Helmet. Bought the gauntlets and grabbed all the reward packages.

Thanks again sooooo much!

W00t, congratz Cosmos, i am sooooo happy you finally did it!

I never doubted you would do it eventually! <3

Been having a lot of trouble with skolas with void burn for some reason. Had no issues with arc burn and it seems to me that void would be easier. Not sure what the issue is.
It was my first time fighting him, so I can't really speak about the encounter from any other experience, but I guess since the first mine spawned right next to us it was much easier...or so I was told.

+1 vote for Perfect Balance on Juju in PvP. I like it a lot w that auto fire and high RoF.

Thanks again guys for that easy ass Skolas kill. No weapon, but I did get an elder cipher. Hopefully I get to run it on my other two characters tomorrow.

Nice! Glad it worked out well. Ideally I'd like to get as many DGAF'ers as possible to kill Skolas and reach Mercury since those are the two pinnacles of HoW achievements. More the merrier who get to do it.

Edit: also the primaries that drop are petty much garbage so no worries there, the exotics aren't great but they are definitely more exciting.

Used my Purifier Robes in Trials today.

Blinding 2 enemies with shotguns is hilarious. The walls and ceiling never saw their shots coming.

+1 vote for Perfect Balance on Juju in PvP. I like it a lot w that auto fire and high RoF.

Nice! Glad it worked out well. Ideally I'd like to get as many DGAF'ers as possible to kill Skolas and reach Mercury since those are the two pinnacles of HoW achievements. More the merrier who get to do it.

Edit: also the primaries that drop are petty much garbage so no worries there, the exotics aren't great but they are definitely more exciting.
Well I'm sure any void weapon is better than Atheon's Epilogue. I have yet to get anything other than Word of Crota and I really don't like it.

And yeah it would be nice to make it to Mercury one day, but I've had a hell of a time getting ANY sort of Trials group. I wasn't even that concerned with mercury, I wanted to play it this weekend just because it's fun and I like that map. I have yet to play Trials this weekend. Hopefully there's some folk around tomorrow.

ocean

Banned
Used my Purifier Robes in Trials today.

Blinding 2 enemies with shotguns is hilarious. The walls and ceiling never saw their shots coming.
I'd love to get them. Their utility will ultimately hinge on the map though. Most of the Widow's Court ToO rounds I've seen play out at a distance using snipers, where the Robes won't help. The very best matches, on the other hand, are the aggressive ones where players rush to each other.

123rl

My favourite thing about Bad Juju for PVP is that the gun reloads automatically with each kill. I've had a 5 kill streak where they just ran down a hallway, one at a time, and I killed them all. You get 24 bullets in the gun, and I killed them all and still had 24 left :D

For PVP, definitely perfect balance. For PvE, I switch between that and send it. Bad Juju is great for PVP though. It's my default choice now.

Agree on the Perfect Balance. It helps so much in getting those full-burst headshots.

Send it for PVP on Bad Juju ;)

Shit, then I've made a mistake... I was using Armor Piercing for the higher impact. Could still get plenty of kills, but if what you guys say is true it could have gone even better.

123rl

I re-rolled a Felwinter's Lie and I was so close to hitting the jackpot:

Accurized ballistics
Rangefinder
Reinforced Barrel
Luck In The Chamber

It's not levelled up yet but this thing is a fucking BEAST!

123rl

That's what I was going for but the odds of getting it as a combo are just so low. That's good enough that I wouldn't want to risk losing it to try again

I have Shot Package on my Matador though. I love that gun too.

Top Bottom