• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

ocean

Banned
If you can reroll it to get Shot Package + Luck in the Chamber/Final Round, then you're set :)
Shot Package is key. The second perk is rather unimportant.

What's really important is getting shot package with some range boosts, like Reinforced Barrel or Rifled Barrel.

Omni

I think the Messenger has made me a believer in Pulse Rifles. Basically allowed me to play at the range that I enjoyed with ARs before they were nerfed. Regular PVP should be a breeze now, heh

I hate the pause in between shots. It's a tad too long, IMO. Feels like an eternity when going against the exotic hand cannons.

These Vanguard Bounties are killing me. I need to level up my Lord of Wolves, stop it.

I hate the pause in between shots. It's a tad too long, IMO. Feels like an eternity when going against the exotic hand cannons.

I agree, it's the only downside of the Three Little Words variants. If it had Red Death fire rate even it would be perfect. I've been playing with rolls on its archetype clones, Spare Change and Hopscotch Pilgrim. Hip Fire and Headseeker seems good for clearing corners and up close combat, at least for me. Gives me a chance to hit them once before zooming in for the finishing headshot.

E92 M3

Man, Koro and Lima you play late as fuck. I'm gonna take a vacation so I can play through the night instead of falling asleep at 12 lol.

noomi

I think the Messenger has made me a believer in Pulse Rifles. Basically allowed me to play at the range that I enjoyed with ARs before they were nerfed. Regular PVP should be a breeze now, heh

I've tried it the other day and it is very good, I am having a hard time getting used to the rate of fire with it though.

I'm very used to the fast fire rate of TLW now, that anything slower feels like a handicap to me now.

Planning on plenty of crucible this week to stock up on coins lost the trials, so I gotta git gud with it.

I love it. I've been playing with it in IB since I got it on Friday.

123rl

I just got a Revelator and was going to dismantle until I saw the perks: Final Round, Explosive Rounds and Outlaw. I'll keep it now

RemiLP

No, base impact is the same (67) on Matador 64 and Felwinter's Lie. By stat:

Rate of Fire: Party Crasher + 1 (11) > Matador 64 (8) > Felwinter's Lie (5)

Impact: Matador 64 (67) = Felwinter's Lie (67) > Party Crasher +1 (64)

Range: Matador 64 (25) > Party Crasher +1 (23) > Felwinter's Lie (20)

Matador is tied for highest impact while boasting higher range, making it the clear winner. It also fires and reloads more quickly than Felwinter's, though not as fast as Party Crasher.

Basically Matador 64 is your best bet if you want to absolutely guarantee one shotting. Party Crasher +1 might be more of a Found Verdict type leader - faster firing/reloading weapons viable for double kills, but less ideal for maximum bullshit-distance one shotting.

From what i understand, there is actually a range cap on shotguns. And all 3 of those goes above it with the right roll.

LiK

I've tried it the other day and it is very good, I am having a hard time getting used to the rate of fire with it though.

I'm very used to the fast fire rate of TLW now, that anything slower feels like a handicap to me now.

Planning on plenty of crucible this week to stock up on coins lost the trials, so I gotta git gud with it.

It's a lil a weird at first but once it clicks, it's pretty amazing. I can finally destroy a lot of HC users now. Thorn and TLW will occasionally take me down but I can go toe to toe with them in 1v1 now. Hawkmoon still takes me out a lot tho. But I'm no longer constantly being outgunned by HC users which was my biggest beef with PVP. The Scout was the only other gun I relied on before that.

I love it. I've been playing with it in IB since I got it on Friday.

Yea, I was getting 5 kill streaks constantly in IB with a few 10+ occasionally. Such a rad gun.

The Felwinter's has gotten the best of me the most. The range on that gun is absurd.

Yea, got killed so much by it in IB. Really crazy range.

Mercury!

=...]

I can't believe I finally made it. Thanks so much to Zoba and his teammate Chris. I have a new appreciation for PvP skills. It was like watching strategic soldiers at work. You are both amazing Guardians. Thank you.

So many thanks to Zoba, Unstable, and the many other folks helping Guardians make their passage to Mercury.

Bitsurugi, thanks again for giving me your spot on Unstable's stream this morning. Another example of how fantastic this community is. So happy to be back over the past month.

I got a Jewel of Osiris (Void) and the Hunter Helmet. Bought the gauntlets and grabbed all the reward packages.

Thanks again sooooo much!
ALL HAIL CANADIAN NASA!!! So glad to hear it, man. Now that the pressure's off, wait till you see how well you do.

Lnkn52

Someone tell Nami that he needs to go FULL Brother.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...y_friend_left_his_account_on_my_xbox_when_he/
hFLztpL.jpg

LiK

Thoughts on Suros w/ 365? I like the gun too much to keep it in my Vault. Not using for PvP, just PvE.

Shit gun either way. Even if it was good again, I can't stand the sound it makes especially after they changed it. Grating on my ears. I was actually thinking of sharding it but I'll keep it in my Vault in case ARs are buffed again.

Rubenov

Of course Matador is the right answer when it comes to shotguns. I mean, just look at the name's meaning:

"a bullfighter who has the principal role and who kills the bull in a bullfight

Origin

Spanish, from matar to kill"

noomi

Thoughts on Suros w/ 365? I like the gun too much to keep it in my Vault. Not using for PvP, just PvE.

Nah.... much better choices out there. Maybe one day it will make a slight comeback, but that won't be for a while most likely.

sajj316

Shit gun either way. Even if it was good again, I can't stand the sound it makes especially after they changed it. Grating on my ears. I was actually thinking of sharding it but I'll keep it in my Vault in case ARs are buffed again.

Not worth it for PVE. Tons of weapons that are better.

Darn shame. Nerfed the heck out of it/all ARs to the point of no return. I don't mind the sound.

What are your go to(s)?

Since this is the Destiny thread, does anyone know what happened with Bungie Aerospace? They've helped put out one game in the past 4 years. And considering how much they put into Aerospace and Crimson, I was curious if we would ever see something come from their Aerospace team again.

Daemul

I used to be a Pulse Rifle only guy, but since I started using TLW and other handcannons in the crucible and other parts of the game, my handling of PR's has gone to complete shit. I can only use them in PvE these days because there's much more room for error there.

It's funny, before HoW came out I was excited at the prospect at getting new PR's to use, but now I avoid them like a plague, with the exception of Red Death in PvE.

I prefer Pulse Rifles to Scout Rifles though, fuck Scout Rifles.

Really? I found Void Burn to be easier.

The first time I ran it was this week and my other two GAF teammates were also first timers. Since that was our first exposure to the mechanics we didn't do that well. I"m sure we could've stuck with it and beat Skolas eventually but we ran out of time as some of us needed to get to sleep for work.

The other three times I attempted were all through LFG and those were all clusterfucks. You know something is up when you join a group and you see the other two guys have died something like 40 times.

Anyway I'm going to try again tonight. I really want to finish this before the reset.

I'm pumped for trials this Friday. This week I had two of my three guardians go to Mercury. Also I can't wait until E3; I'm hoping Bungie shows Old Chicago and I hope this expansion is huge.

deadduck

I love The Messenger, my GOTO gun. Love the stability and range, being able to pick off snipers is awesome.

HC used to be my thing but I'm so bored of coming across Thorn and The Last Word that I had to change. Although thinking about it I should change back, because the more people only play with those guns, they quicker they get nerfed.

I've got Hopscotch Pilgrim from the 28 chest, which has speed reload on kill instead of 3rd eye and even more stability... But I go back to the (void) messenger.

Daemul

Darn shame. Nerfed the heck out of it/all ARs to the point of no return. I don't mind the sound.

What are your go to(s)?

1)Handcannons
2)Pulse Rifles
3)Vex
4)Auto Riles
5)Universal Remote
6)NLB
9373837)NLB
9373828)Scout Rifles

Nah.... much better choices out there. Maybe one day it will make a slight comeback, but that won't be for a while most likely.
I disagree. For PvE, it's fine, and it's also variety. The reason Bungie didn't want us to upgrade our Vault gear for Dark Below is because then people would just keep using the same guns forever, which is basically what's happening now with etheric light. Don't bring it in to face Skolas or anything, but use it if you like it. Just don't PvP with it, which you already know.
That old leaked slide mentioned a raid, 4 Strikes, 12 story missions, 6 PvP maps and a new patrol area along with a third subclass for each class. The hype is real.
So basically the same amount of content as vanilla Destiny, roughly. And the slide was dead on until now, including the cancelled raid.

I think today may be a good day for Trials, as all the good players should be done with their 3 runs.

I find it to be opposite. I usually run into the best teams on the last day. As most of the other people have gone to mercury or given up on it till the reset. All that's left are the try hards just going in to ruin people's cards.

I have much better record on Friday and Saturday. On Monday night I'm like 1-6.

LiK

I love The Messenger, my GOTO gun. Love the stability and range, being able to pick off snipers is awesome.

HC used to be my thing but I'm so bored of coming across Thorn and The Last Word that I had to change. Although thinking about it I should change back, because the more people only play with those guns, they quicker they get nerfed.

I've got Hopscotch Pilgrim from the 28 chest, which has speed reload on kill instead of 3rd eye and even more stability... But I go back to the (void) messenger.

There are so many HC users in PVP now that it's comical and predictable. Any other weapon is almost novel in a way.

Namikaze1

1) Necrochasm
2) Necrochasm
3) Necrochasm
4) Fatebringer
5) Necrochasm
6) Necrochasm
7) Hawkmoon
8) Necrochasm
9) Necrochasm

*many Necrochasms later*

99) No Land Beyond

Kyne

seems like everyone does trials in the morning.. couldn't find a team last night ~.~

hopefully you kind souls will be on later today after work. I can hold my own I promise.

edit: oh top of page...

space gif.
ive19rjftept4gcjic76.gif

X-Frame

Totally skipped trials this weekend. :(

Just not interested enough I guess. Will see if I can at least give it a go after work today.

I did too, focusing more on IB. Let me know if you need a teammate. I have two Jewels (Solar and Void) and would love an elemental Messenger or Scholar this time.

At the very least, I want the gauntlets at 5 wins.

Top Bottom