• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

1) Necrochasm
2) Necrochasm
3) Necrochasm
4) Fatebringer
5) Necrochasm
6) Necrochasm
7) Hawkmoon
8) Necrochasm
9) Necrochasm

*many Necrochasms later*

99) No Land Beyond
I ascended the Necrochasm and brought it into Iron Banner. I made exactly ONE guardian explode and then switched back to Thorn the next match.

There are so many HC users in PVP now that it's comical and predictable. Any other weapon is almost novel in a way.
In ToO my team was down 3-4 and the other team had Thorn and so did I. I switched to Red Death and it seemed like they didn't even know how to combat it. Ended up winning that game to make my ticket 6-0.

I'd love for it to appear in the Microsoft show - it'll be crazy if COD and Destiny switch places.
Nooooo, I need my exclusive content on PS4. Bungie will also forget to make Hawkmoon available of Xbox.

deadduck

How is the messenger compared to red death?

Red Death fires faster, does a tiny bit less damage (36 crit) and heals on kill.

Messenger has 90% stability, much greater range and does 38 on crit (41 after a 26 body shot).

Spare Change 25 and Hopskotch Pilgrim can be similar with rerolling.

Red Death fires faster, does a tiny bit less damage (36 crit) and heals on kill.

Messenger has 90% stability, greater range and does 38 on crit (41 after a 26 body shot).

Spare Change 25 and Hopskotch Pilgrim can be the similar with rerolling.

Are you sure Red Death fires faster? I haven't gotten that impression.

Frenden

Banned
I got so sick of rerolling that gun I sharded it. Felt dumb afterwards, but it just dropped again for me from IB.

Back to the rerolling lottery and much frustration—still can't get a hand cannon with LiTC + Final Round :( :( :(

I have a Loner Rebel with LitC and Final Round, but only Steadyhand sights. I want Sureshot!

Not worth rerolling for though.

nOoblet16

In ToO my team was down 3-4 and the other team had Thorn and so did I. I switched to Red Death and it seemed like they didn't even know how to combat it. Ended up winning that game to make my ticket 6-0.

Nooooo, I need my exclusive content on PS4. Bungie will also forget to make Hawkmoon available of Xbox.

I know people might disagree with this but I've always found Red Death to be a viable counter to Thorn due to it's health refill...atleast for mid to long range. Because an encounter with Thorn user will always result in you being low on health, since one Thorn headshot would take down all of your shield.

No, base impact is the same (67) on Matador 64 and Felwinter's Lie. By stat:

Rate of Fire: Party Crasher + 1 (11) > Matador 64 (8) > Felwinter's Lie (5)

Impact: Matador 64 (67) = Felwinter's Lie (67) > Party Crasher +1 (64)

Range: Matador 64 (25) > Party Crasher +1 (23) > Felwinter's Lie (20)

Matador is tied for highest impact while boasting higher range, making it the clear winner. It also fires and reloads more quickly than Felwinter's, though not as fast as Party Crasher.

Basically Matador 64 is your best bet if you want to absolutely guarantee one shotting. Party Crasher +1 might be more of a Found Verdict type leader - faster firing/reloading weapons viable for double kills, but less ideal for maximum bullshit-distance one shotting.
You are correct! That Reddit thread shows the Felwinter's at 64 and the Matador at 67 but DestinyDB shows them both at 67 and I just found someone in game to compare my Matador to that has a similar Felwinter's and they were even.

So here is Kor's highlight of the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wud8ECqe5co

TL;DR

e6hnah6.jpg

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
Wow so after doing IB and ToO this past weekend, I've come to the conclusion that my PvP skills are severely lacking. I know there's the old adage that "practice makes perfect" but aside from playing more PvP, are there any tips or thoughts on how to well? Btw, I just started using TLW and switched from the Vex.

lt519

Well that was a Destiny filled week. 4x PoE 32, 4x PoE 34, 3x PoE 35, 3x NF, 1x Weekly, 3x All Petra Bounties, and Rank 4 IB.

Got my six dregs pride ii, can't possibly imagine needing more etheric light, have 42 legendary armor for all characters, every Cipher bounty waiting for Variks (I hear he has a backlog).

I guess the only thing left is a 9-0 trials run.
and gjallahorn ):

E92 M3

How about equal content for all lol?

Kind of.... I usually watch all the streams and get into it, but this year I'm not really feeling it for some reason.

Still excited for destiny stuffs though...

Oh I am really excited. Can't wait to see Crackdown information.

Wow so after doing IB and ToO this past weekend, I've come to the conclusion that my PvP skills are severely lacking. I know there's the old adage that "practice makes perfect" but aside from playing more PvP, are there any tips or thoughts on how to well? Btw, I just started using TLW and switched from the Vex.

Practice does make perfect and try to learn from every death

gatti-man

Can someone explain why I suck so hard at this weeks trials map? I can't seem to win on it at all. I mean it's like destiny is just hanging it's balls all over me this week! Argh!

How about equal content for all lol?

Of course, I'm only kidding. Exclusive content is terrible.

I know people might disagree with this but I've always found Red Death to be a viable counter to Thorn due to it's health refill...atleast for mid to long range. Because an encounter with Thorn user will always result in you being low on health, since one Thorn headshot would take down all of your shield.

I would say Red Death is probably the fourth most popular exotic I see in ToO (1st: Thorn, 2nd: TLW, 3rd: Hawkmoon). I think some people realize how good it is.

noomi

Really hoping for Solar Skolas tomorrow, but it will probably be no burn or rainbow. Maybe a special weapons bonus damage modifier or something....

I'm no longer doing level 32 or 34 PoE's, it's all about Skolas and Trials from now until September.

Can someone explain why I suck so hard at this weeks trials map? I can't seem to win on it at all. I mean it's like destiny is just hanging it's balls all over me this week! Argh!

It's not just you, I've been pretty terrible in Widows Court as well, it's not an easy map to play.

I think I might want to give trials a try later today in the evening (US eastern time). I've finally been able to find my groove in IB, though I still feel like I'm a couple of steps below most of the competition out there. A 5 win card would be great, though.

Man, I'm not even sure I want to keep trying Skolas after last night's 2nd defeat in as many attempts. Hours played with nothing gained from it, ugh.

Ended up caving and bought the expansion pass. Spent the entire weekend playing this, guess Destiny has its hooks back in me. Was able to get a matador and party crasher this weekend so now I finally have a non blue and non exotic shotty to use in PVP. Got my friends to run me through a 9-0 run of trials. We got lucky, all the matches were pretty easy until the final one. Ended up with a fusion rifle tho :/

Side note: has anyone seen this vid? 2 of my friends who ran me through trials were able to get 3 simultaneous headshots in Trials on friday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...tfw_your_trials_team_is_all_on_the_same_page/

edit: oops im mixed up, get fusion during trials, and a scout rifle (fire).

Rubenov

Ended up caving and bought the expansion pass. Spent the entire weekend playing this, guess Destiny has its hooks back in me. Was able to get a matador and party crasher this weekend so now I finally have a non blue and non exotic shotty to use in PVP. Got my friends to run me through a 9-0 run of trials. We got lucky, all the matches were pretty easy until the final one. Ended up with a fusion rifle tho :/

Side note: has anyone seen this vid? 2 of my friends who ran me through trials were able to get 3 simultaneous headshots in Trials on friday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...tfw_your_trials_team_is_all_on_the_same_page/

Fusion rifle? You are supposed to get an elemental primary from Flawless

lt519

I guess there is one more PoE arena "The Cult of the Worm" to finish off next week and that's basically it for fresh HoW content.

Man, I'm not even sure I want to keep trying Skolas after last night's 2nd defeat in as many attempts. Hours played with nothing gained from it, ugh.

What is your team running with (classes/weapons)? Void has been the easiest encounter so far. We nail it every try now. Don't try and burn him down in one go, move to the mines as a team, burn him down more, get the rest of the mines, and then finish him off.

E92 M3

Really hoping for Solar Skolas tomorrow, but it will probably be no burn or rainbow. Maybe a special weapons bonus damage modifier or something....

I'm no longer doing level 32 or 34 PoE's, it's all about Skolas and Trials from now until September.

It's not just you, I've been pretty terrible in Widows Court as well, it's not an easy map to play.

Widows Court is all about being aggressive in my opinion. A lot of people (including myself initially) mistook it for a campy, sniper map, but it truly rewards aggressive play. There have been many instances where the other team felt lost when we pushed hard on them.

Bladelaw

Well after being sick for most of the weekend I managed to get Iron Banner rank 3 on all my characters. I now have a level 34 Hunter with a 365 Fatebringer and after a successful 34 PoE a shiny new Etheric Light to go...somewhere. I'm looking for ideas, do I bump one of my other characters up with an armor upgrade? Do I pump one of the major weapons (Vision of Confluence, Corrective Measure, Found Verdict)?

For the record my Warlock and Titan are both 32.

ethomaz

Banned
No, base impact is the same (67) on Matador 64 and Felwinter's Lie. By stat:

Rate of Fire: Party Crasher + 1 (11) > Matador 64 (8) > Felwinter's Lie (5)

Impact: Matador 64 (67) = Felwinter's Lie (67) > Party Crasher +1 (64)

Range: Matador 64 (25) > Party Crasher +1 (23) > Felwinter's Lie (20)

Matador is tied for highest impact while boasting higher range, making it the clear winner. It also fires and reloads more quickly than Felwinter's, though not as fast as Party Crasher.

Basically Matador 64 is your best bet if you want to absolutely guarantee one shotting. Party Crasher +1 might be more of a Found Verdict type leader - faster firing/reloading weapons viable for double kills, but less ideal for maximum bullshit-distance one shotting.
Just to add...

All these shotguns can go to the max range with the right perk...

The difference is the impact (most cases high enough to kill in one shot) and the RoF.

The real difference here is

Ikkarus

Had a really good party in trials and they had to go with me sitting at 7-0.

I can almost taste Mercury on my Warlock....almost. :(

E92 M3

I have to congratulate Bungie on making the right call with armor upgrades. Thanks to etheric light, everyone has a different setup now for the most part. It's great. I truly hope they continue this for Comet.

Dave_6

Got too busy yesterday to make a post, but with HUGE thanks to Unstable and Wicked, I finally made it to Mercury! I was playing some IB with randoms and had the stream going on my laptop when LTWood's name was called. He was driving home I believe and couldn't make it so with huge generosity, gave his spot to me! What an awesome dude and I owe you! Can't thank Unstable, Zoba and the others enough for doing what they do. Now to get back enough times to get all the gear and weapons LOL.

Had a pretty productive weekend when it's all said and done. Got my first 34 PoE cleared, went to Mercury for the first time, been grinding IB and have my Hunter at 5, Warlock at 4 and hopefully my Titan makes it to 5 tonight. May finally have enough etheric light to get my Titan and Warlock to 34 if it works out.

EDIT: Congrats to Cosmos on finally making it to Mercury too! I know how bad you've wanted to and I was watching Unstable's stream when you came oh so close. Good IB games last night as well!

So IB is still up right?

People were talking like it was over today? Like in a few hours.

I have my Titan to Rank 5, Hunter to Rank 4.2 and Warlock to Rank 2.5

Need to get them all to 5!!!

noomi

Skolas is a very tiring fight. If there was a checkpoint system in place and the loot rewards were guaranteed or better I would be more inclined to do it.

At this point I'm only running Skolas to get a solar hand cannon, once I have it I will most likely stop or only run it to help fellow gaffers.

Widows Court is all about being aggressive in my opinion. A lot of people (including myself initially) mistook it for a campy, sniper map, but it truly rewards aggressive play. There have been many instances where the other team felt lost when we pushed hard on them.

Yup! Was playing with Zocano and Jaydee last night against a team of final round spears and they kept steam rolling us. We switched to shotguns and started pushing on them aggressively and they completely fell apart.

Actually we played against the same team... 3 times. One match we lost because we tried to snipe them, 2nd round we had no issues once we used shotguns, and the 3rd round they started using shotguns again as well and I believe we threw them out of the trials after they lost.

I just spent more time than i'm willling to admit finding all the ghosts >.>

This is what I do in my spare time to get my grimoire a bit higher. I still have plenty of ghosts left to find though :p

Got too busy yesterday to make a post, but with HUGE thanks to Unstable and Wicked, I finally made it to Mercury! I was playing some IB with randoms and had the stream going on my laptop when LTWood's name was called. He was driving home I believe and couldn't make it so with huge generosity, gave his spot to me! What an awesome dude and I owe you! Can't thank Unstable, Zoba and the others enough for doing what they do. Now to get back enough times to get all the gear and weapons LOL.

Had a pretty productive weekend when it's all said and done. Got my first 34 PoE cleared, went to Mercury for the first time, been grinding IB and have my Hunter at 5, Warlock at 4 and hopefully my Titan makes it to 5 tonight. May finally have enough etheric light to get my Titan and Warlock to 34 if it works out.

Congrats Dave, I watched some of the stream when you guys played... I think.

Did you manage to get anything nice from Mercury?

This is sort of embarrassing. I lost one trials match today and it was against the same team we played against the game before that. None of them got any kills throughout the entire game (25 - 0) and then they come back and use up my mercy of osiris.

Deku Tree

So IB is still up right?

People were talking like it was over today? Like in a few hours.

I have my Titan to Rank 5, Hunter to Rank 4.2 and Warlock to Rank 2.5

Need to get them all to 5!!!

IB is always up until reset.

I wasn't even going to play, but a few days ago a few friends invited me to a train and then I was almost at rank 3 by the end and with the new system it is too easy to get your alts up to the same rank that it's hard to pass up. All my toons are rank three and I'm done for the week.

E92 M3

b9arOUp.jpg

This Hunter ToO helmet is amazing. With the gauntlets I am loving having chatterwhite on with the red PoE cloak.

I've done trials fully for 3 weeks and still haven't received that one :(

Skolas is a very tiring fight. If there was a checkpoint system in place and the loot rewards were guaranteed or better I would be more inclined to do it.

At this point I'm only running Skolas to get a solar hand cannon, once I have it I will most likely stop or only run it to help fellow gaffers.

For sure that POE needs a passage like token that keep tracks of progress so people can take a break without sharing checkpoints.

Top Bottom