• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

joecanada

wow jewel of osiris is a really good handcannon

isnt that the real high impact one? I think from using handcannons alot, that in PVP, a higher rate of fire is better like the revelator.... reason being that all handcannons (save that dastardly thorn) need three headshots to kill, including the high impact ones at 95 damage... see I had a timurs lash that did this damage...

soo, the problem ends up being that the higher impact doesn't give you less shots to kill unfortunately, leaving you with the same amount of shots, 3, but that slower fire rate.... however I did try the timurs lash with luck in the chamber and explosive rounds the other day in crucible and it was pretty good... was able to two shot a few people... and the explosive rounds of course are a bitch to play against....

just my 2 cents... I used to love my red hand IX and I see they are selling it again so if you have the marks give it a try too see what you think... or if you have a revelator compare them.

Lnkn52

ykFkQEC.png

200.gif

With iron banner rank 5 achieved, I was looking to try the trials. I may regret that decision as I haven't even received a piece of armor yet x__x

zewone

It´s an awesome looking helmet but havent found any use of it yet..Nothing beats the Aclhyopage symbiote with 4 golden gun shots for me.

Lucky Raspberry is the best exotic for Hunter in Trials in my opinion.

Arcbolt grenade on each spawn is amazing and if I die and revive with another? Oh man, it's a killer.

rNilla

New subclasses, eh? My predictions:

Void will now shoot from the butts of Hunters
Solar will now stream from the crotches of Titans
Arc will now pour out of the eyes of Warlocks like muthafukin Lo Pan

big_trouble_in_littleapq18.png

nOoblet16

Lucky Raspberry is the best exotic for Hunter in Trials in my opinion.

Arcbolt grenade on each spawn is amazing and if I die and revive with another? Oh man, it's a killer.

Only if you play Bladedancer, I only play Gunslinger and it's useless to me. I'd rather just wear Alpha Lupi for fast revive and extra special ammo. 4 shots in Trials is mostly useless so Symbiote is a very situational choice, and Knucklehead is a fairly decent choice but I don't spend much time aiming with TLW anyway.

Jinjo

Only if you play Bladedancer, I only play Gunslinger and it's useless to me. I'd rather just wear Alpha Lupi for fast revive and extra special ammo. 4 shots in Trials is mostly useless so Symbiote is a very situational choice, and Knucklehead is a fairly decent choice but I don't spend much time aiming with TLW anyway.

That's what all the Radiance Lockes think too it seems. Keep thinking that, I will deny your self-res within a second.

In reality I need all the extra shots because of my shitty aim :(

XenoRaven

Symbiote is important if you're facing Sunsingers. Definitely situational but those jerks deserve to be blown away what with their dumb flame wings and such.

nOoblet16

That's what all the Radiance Lockes think too it seems. Keep thinking that, I will deny your self-res within a second.

In reality I need all the extra shots because of my shitty aim :()

We've talked on this before and I've explained why 4 shots it's very situational despite radiance bros.

What if there are two warlocks who self res? What if one uses self res to take your fourth shot and then the other uses self res to kill you?
What if you kill all three but miss one shot in doing so and then the warlock self revives ? And then there's the fact that for the symbiote to even be useful you need to have killed all three of them with a Golden gun shot otherwise having 4 shots is unnecessary, and even if you do the first argument I made starts to apply here.

Imo Golden Gun is best used in the Heavy round.

lt519

I was expecting November. I'm going to have to break from HoW soon if it is coming in September. Incoming $40 price tag?

Also void hunters, solar titans, and arc warlocks. Yessss.

Hoping the hunters are more trap based/defensive mechanics. Not sure what Titans and Warlocks should be but giving Warlocks a chain lightning attack would be badass.

noomi

It's FAR from being just you. And Ruben is always judging you (the royal you/us.)

Watching us, judging us, heavy breathing, panting, sweating :p

We lost that one match against those scrubs just because their playstyle didn't make any damn sense.

Yeah, I've had two games like that this weekend. The other was with todd and xeno. We were 8-0. For our last game we got matched up against three fucking warlocks, it was impossible.

:eek:

I WANT MY HUNTER VOID NADES!

XenoRaven

I think the revive mechanics in Destiny make sense, but they're too strong in Trials. I suppose nerfing them would further encourage sniping, but it's really annoying to just generally outclass a team and they almost beat you because they're all wearing Crest and can just sprint by an orb holding square to give themselves overshields.

Namikaze1

I hope this is the source:
I like mine:

I'm imagining what a solar super for a Titan would be like. Titan jumps up, raises hands, a giant fiery ball of light forms overhead, Titan throws at the ground, there's a cluster explosion effect similar to Dragon's breath, and it has a bigger AoE than FoP.
Oh great. Just imagined a void super for Hunters.

Activate super, see enemy several yards away, knife at him even though you're not even close, travel through a void at light speeds, reappear in front / behind / besides them, instant kill, rinse and repeat till super bar depletes or you use void strike 3 times (similar to gunslinger)
So let's see:

Titan's solar = Goku's Spirit Bomb
Hunter's void = Minato's Flying Thunder God

That's all I got so far. Will think of a good one for Warlocks. Though for the time being, I'm going with Force Lightning as their arc super. Warlocks shooting lightning from their hands, said lightning able to phase through Titan bubbles, they got a less shittier version of glide in the third tier, and I can't think of anything else.

PuMa

I think the revive mechanics in Destiny make sense, but they're too strong in Trials. I suppose nerfing them would further encourage sniping, but it's really annoying to just generally outclass a team and they almost beat you because they're all wearing Crest and can just sprint by an orb holding square to give themselves overshields.

Get a high impact sniper rifle and one-shot the revived opponent immediately when he pops up. Great way to rack up kills :)

noomi

Get a high impact sniper rifle and one-shot the revived opponent immediately when he pops up. Great way to rack up kills :)

I'm curious about this, I thought when you rez a person there is a period of 2 seconds where they are pretty much invisible?

My praedyths revenge just doesn't cut it :(

noomi

What roll should I be looking for with the party crasher?

Best shotgun guide ever: https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...y/house_of_wolves_shotgun_reforge_megathread/

If you have a Matador 64, Party Crasher +1, Judgment VI, or Felwinter's Lie with Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, and a range-boosting Perk (Reinforced/Rifled/Small Bore) - you have a competitive shotgun.

God roll is Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, Reinforced/Rifled Barrel, and Kneepads/Luck in the Chamber/Final Round depending on playstyle.

I just feel like this game is missing a Trapper like subclass, I just think the Hunter class would be the perfect fit for it (it would also be void).

but that is just me.

isnt that the real high impact one? I think from using handcannons alot, that in PVP, a higher rate of fire is better like the revelator.... reason being that all handcannons (save that dastardly thorn) need three headshots to kill, including the high impact ones at 95 damage... see I had a timurs lash that did this damage...

soo, the problem ends up being that the higher impact doesn't give you less shots to kill unfortunately, leaving you with the same amount of shots, 3, but that slower fire rate.... however I did try the timurs lash with luck in the chamber and explosive rounds the other day in crucible and it was pretty good... was able to two shot a few people... and the explosive rounds of course are a bitch to play against....

just my 2 cents... I used to love my red hand IX and I see they are selling it again so if you have the marks give it a try too see what you think... or if you have a revelator compare them.

interesting. guess i shiuldnt have sharded my revelators

XenoRaven

Yeah I've gotten it a couple times, but I don't have the timing down perfectly. Even with that, getting revived chained when you've almost wiped a team sucks.
I can't for the life of me picture what a solar Titan would be like.........

I'm literally at a loss.
I'm hoping for some sort of flamethrower that works similarly to the Golden Gun.
I'm curious about this, I thought when you rez a person there is a period of 2 seconds where they are pretty much invisible?

My praedyths revenge just doesn't cut it :(
I have an ascended Praedyth's and I one shot a few revives during our run. There is a period of invincibility when someone is revived. I think they're invincible until control is returned to the player. So your goal is to snipe them at that exact point.

Top Bottom