• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Fehyd

Banned
I like striker in PvP more than any other subclass. It's just fun to smash a grouped up enemies, or to shoulder charge someone around a corner.

Granted I don't even try to play at a competitive level and I don't "tryhard" or anything like that.

A lot of it has to do with risk/reward.

Striker is very risky, and at high level play you'll get snipes out of a smash before it lands, so it gets relegated to an "I win" in 1v1.

Also to take shoulder charge you lose the perk that gives you damage reduction during a smash (unless you're wearing one of the helms that gives it).

Also, shoulder charge gets countered very effectively by a shotgun, so it usually comes down to whoever has the better connection.

Compare a smash to a warlock bomb, basically the same effect, except one is ranged and much more likely be effective.

What does that involve?

Grenades that slows down enemies, the Titan can suppress specials with grenades why not give Hunters a grenade that can slow down enemies, or even caltrops for mini grenades, and the super would be just a circle *like the titan's defender bubble* that would trade enemies in that area.

I know it sounds lame but I just want it dammit lol

ykFkQEC.png

yes yes yes yes!

I just hope the new expansion isn't 29.99

if it's got enough content, that is one thing, but, well.... yeah. Content or lack thereof is like one of the main problems with Destiny...
I don't know, I have a pretty difficult time getting everything done across all 3 characters. I haven't touched a raid since HoW hit, and I play pretty regularly.

- Daily Mission
- Daily Bounties
- Weekly Bounties
- Strike Playlist
- Weekly Heroic Strike
- Nightfall
- Vault of Glass
- Normal (Gorgon's chest only, who are we kidding)
- Hard​
- Crota's End
- Normal
- Hard​
- Prison of Elders
- 35​

x3 characters, and that's just PvE. Are you talking about quality or quantity?

Surely, but not overall content. With the latest expansion, I can't even keep up with all of the stuff I want to finish each week.

Mostly PvP that could be added via patches, pve suffers really bad since there are not new enemies or zones at all but a the Scorch cannon.

Please dont add VoG and TDB weight in HoW, TDB activities were nearly erased and pointless outside the raid.

XenoRaven

If they want to nerf blink they should make it so that you can blink into geometry and get stuck. You don't even die. You just get stuck there until someone shoots you. If no one can shoot you your character stays there forever and you have to delete it and start over.

E92 M3

Destiny has too much content now. I have to leave loot on the table and that's something I've never done before. With Comet, everyone can forget about other games.

Deku Tree

I don't know, I have a pretty difficult time getting everything done across all 3 characters. I haven't touched a raid since HoW hit, and I play pretty regularly.

- Daily Mission
- Daily Bounties
- Weekly Bounties
- Strike Playlist
- Weekly Heroic Strike
- Nightfall
- Vault of Glass
- Hard​
- Crota's End
- Normal
- Hard​
- Prison of Elders
- 35​

I've been trying to limit my activities to NF&weekly 3x plus PoE 3x 3x.
Then just do whatever whenever I have the time.
So much to do in Destiny these days.

Namikaze1

VARICKS IS READY! AAAAAHHHHHH!

That was quick though. It's been nearly 26 hours now since handing in the Queen's Cipher. Looks like I'll be getting Lord of Wolves tomorrow. :D

GhaleonEB

Nice. I've suspected both of these for a while - the timing and scope just make perfect sense.

E3 is going to be nuts.

Destiny has too much content now. I have to leave loot on the table and that's something I've never done before. With Comet, everyone can forget about other games.

Yeah. If Comet is anywhere near what I hope it is, Destiny will be bursting at the seams come fall.

noomi

VARICKS IS READY! AAAAAHHHHHH!

That was quick though. It's been nearly 26 hours now since handing in the Queen's Cipher. Looks like I'll be getting Lord of Wolves tomorrow. :D

Lord of wolves is fucking awesome and easily my favorite exotic from the 3. Shotgun telemetry and bounties yo, get it!

nOoblet16

If they want to nerf blink they should make it so that you can blink into geometry and get stuck. You don't even die. You just get stuck there until someone shoots you. If no one can shoot you your character stays there forever and you have to delete it and start over.
cQ88KI0.png

lol amazing

phen0m24

Hey what's the IB buff today? Titan near rank 4 and hope to quickly get him to 5, buy the light and armor and be done.

Not to party poop or attention seek but I might take a break for a while. Need to figure out what to do with my life. Plus my kid won't even look up from games to talk to people and it's kinda scaring me. :(

Qwell

Has Bungie said anything regarding the bugged elder cipher? I stupidly had all my bounty slots full when I killed Skolas on my lock so every time I see Variks now he offers me the bounty with no ability to press X to confirm my choice :(

Hopefully I don't have to do it all over again, even though at this point I can see myself killing Skolas at least 1 or twice a week.

Namikaze1

Lord of wolves is fucking awesome and easily my favorite exotic from the 3. Shotgun telemetry and bounties yo, get it!
I'm picky with my bounties. I picked up everything but the "get 3 super kills 20 times", public events, do 6 side missions at *insert location* bounty. I hate those.

Hey what's the IB buff today? Titan near rank 4 and hope to quickly get him to 5, buy the light and armor and be done.

Not to party poop or attention seek but I might take a break for a while. Need to figure out what to do with my life. Plus my kid won't even look up from games to talk to people and it's kinda scaring me. :(

Aw, Colonel, hope you get everything sorted out. You're a great guy, I'm gonna miss you.

Lee

This was me a month ago. I ended up deleting my other two characters. I have one at 34, and I still don't get everything done each week (haven't run a raid since HoW), but it's helped me to play less.

Vault space is a real issue now though.

Best of luck man.

noomi

I'm picky with my bounties. I picked up everything but the "get 3 super kills 20 times", public events, do 6 side missions at *insert location* bounty. I hate those.

lmao! I do the same exact thing, and todays bounties are pretty "meh"

I don't think I've ever done the 3 supers 20 times, would take waaaay too long.

Namikaze1

lmao! I do the same exact thing, and todays bounties are pretty "meh"

I don't think I've ever done the 3 supers 20 times, would take waaaay too long.
I did it once. But that was because I was literally one bounty away from maxing out Hawkmoon. That was in September. Never again.

rNilla

But then who will provide the comedic relief? I can't go on without it.

- Daily Mission
- Daily Bounties
- Weekly Bounties
- Strike Playlist
- Weekly Heroic Strike
- Nightfall
- Vault of Glass
- Hard​
- Crota's End
- Normal
- Hard​
- Prison of Elders
- 35​

I dont even bother with 80% of that list. Dont see a point in doing the same material majority of the time when I will earn noting. And PoE 32-35 can take up to 30 mins to an hour
with the people I normally play with now
Its kinda artificial, just like hard mode!, since Bungie decided to make each awards separate, instead of doing hard mode and getting the majority of the loot drop.

E92 M3

Blink, kneepad bro that must feel skilled and l33t after teabagging others...it must be, why else would they be doing it ?

Can't let teabagging bother you, that's why people keep doing it. It's a great tactic in trials as well to get the other team pissed off. Rather hilarious.

destiny is life tho

will miss playing with you! and your kid. im due for another break too for the same reason, although things have been better .

My general routines for Destiny is:

Daily​
◻ 3x Daily Crucible

Weekly​
☑ 3x PoE 34
☑ 3x Nightfall
◻ 3x Weekly
☑ 3x Trials of Osiris: 8 wins or Mercury (This week was 66% success for getting to Mercury)

Besides that I just mess around and try to get my grimoire up or play other games. I haven't gotten any of the new exotic bounties but I don't see why I should do PoE 35 and get angry about cheap deaths.

That's about what I've been doing, with other stuff like HoW bounties to level up whatever gear I get during the week. Pretty good feeling to pick and choose what you want at the "risk" of losing out on other loot.

I dont even bother with 80% of that list. Dont see a point in doing the same material majority of the time when I will earn noting. And PoE 32-35 can take up to 30 mins to an hour
with the people I normally play with now
Its kinda artificial, just like hard mode!, since Bungie decided to make each awards separate, instead of doing hard mode and getting the majority of the loot drop.
At the very least, I'm grateful that the PoE difficulties are different from each other in terms of boss battles. Just enough of a change to make it less of a slog to get through.

Just had so much fun running ToO with my buddy Xpilcit and new friend Hellgast. Ended the card with an 8-1 record with surpassed what I went in hoping for. Lots of funny moments...just ask Xplicit about his Warlock Yolo game winner and the scared puppys dogs hiding in a bubble as a pair of mean ol Strikers smashed the ever living $#!* out em.

Top Bottom