• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

E92 M3

I can't for the life of me picture what a solar Titan would be like.........

I'm literally at a loss.

hot-hot-heat.jpg

Just photoshop picture of a titan.

noomi

The same as any other shotgun.

Aggressive Ballistics
Shot Package
Reinforced Barrel or one of the others with increased range will do
Kneepads or Final Round

Profit.

Kneepads is fucking awesome, gives your guardian a cool little glow while sprinting too :D

PuMa

I'm curious about this, I thought when you rez a person there is a period of 2 seconds where they are pretty much invisible?

My praedyths revenge just doesn't cut it :(

It's definitely possible to one-shot a rezzed opponent right after revive. It's not that hard actually. There are a couple of frames of them floating, and when they hit the ground, bam, head shot.

Praedyth's Definitely doesn't cut it.

Fehyd

Banned
Really hoping titan gets some loving with their new subclass. Striker and Defender tend to be lesser options in comparison to what hunters and warlocks get.

nOoblet16

I'm curious about this, I thought when you rez a person there is a period of 2 seconds where they are pretty much invisible?

My praedyths revenge just doesn't cut it :(

The moment their feet hits ground they are vulnerable to fire.
So a medium impact sniper like LDR, Longbow, Shadow of Veils can revive snipe...the reason why other low impact snipers can't revive snipe despite some of them doing damage in excess of 300 is because revival gives you shield AND makes you take less damage.

The reason why I think it increases your shield as well as reduces damage is because a sniper that does ~320 or so damage for a crit (and hence a one shot kill) will do ~220 damage to someone who is getting revived and yet not kill (despite the fact that 220 is enough to kill Guardians most of the time, so this means there's a shield but the damage 220 is less than what the sniper does when there isn't a revival shield).

Is there any point in getting DLC pack 1?

I wish to get DLC pack 2 due to the prison of elders, trials of osaris and the exotic/legendary items.

Can i still reach level 34 with only DLC pack 2? I understand that some of the crucible maps from dlc pack 1 are now available for free. Tbh, the only thing that remotely interest me about DLC pack 1 is the raid mission, but i could live without it. Im mainly crucible focused and im currently a level 28.

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

I won't lie. I'm probably pre ordering The Taken King if there are bonuses for doing so.

im preordering 'cause im going to buy it regardless. it's more destiny and i aint waiting for a price drop or someone else's opinion

nevertheless, if TTK isnt the most amazing thing ever itll be hard for them to sell Destiny 2 on good will

PuMa

im preordering 'cause im going to buy it regardless. it's more destiny and i aint waiting for a price drop or someone else's opinion

Absolutely. Plus, they'll probably give us some exclusive shader that we don't have any room in our vault for.

noomi

The moment their feet hits ground they are vulnerable to fire.
So a medium impact sniper like LDR, Longbow, Shadow of Veils can revive snipe...the reason why other low impact snipers can't revive snipe despite some of them doing damage in excess of 300 is because revival gives you shield AND makes you take less damage.

The reason why I think it increases your shield as well as reduces damage is because a sniper that does ~320 or so damage for a crit (and hence a one shot kill) will do ~220 damage to someone who is getting revived and yet not kill (despite the fact that 220 is enough to kill Guardians most of the time, so this means there's a shield but the damage 220 is less than what the sniper does when there isn't a revival shield).

It's definitely possible to one-shot a rezzed opponent right after revive. It's not that hard actually. There are a couple of frames of them floating, and when they hit the ground, bam, head shot.

Praedyth's Definitely doesn't cut it.

Gotcha, thanks for the replies guys. So basically if I'm going to be sniping I need a much better sniper, well... one with a higher impact anyway. Missed out on IB, but I think I'll be shooting for the Spear at some point. Seems like it's the way to go.

You can one shot rezzed Guardians, even with Radiance.

Hot diggity... beast mode initiated.

nevertheless, if TTK isnt the most amazing thing ever itll be hard for them to sell Destiny 2 on good will
Pre order The Taken King from GameStop for an exclusive shader and class item, Power to the Players!

Yea I'll probably pre order moment it is announced.

lt519

According to that Reddit post I have a tier1 shotgun in all aspects. Got a Party Crasher+1 and re-rolled it close to 30 times (was looking for arc, landed on void). Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, Reinforced Barrel, and Army of One (it's no final round but I'll use it in PvE too)

Her Benevolence is basically an LDR clone.

Re-rolled mine into a Void since I didn't have an LDR or Spear void. It hits a little less hard but I also didn't roll final round onto it. Got unflinching and spray and play.

zewone

Gotcha, thanks for the replies guys. So basically if I'm going to be sniping I need a much better sniper, well... one with a higher impact anyway. Missed out on IB, but I think I'll be shooting for the Spear at some point. Seems like it's the way to go.

Go for Low Grade Humility which drops pretty often in Crucible or Her Benevolence which is a Queen's weapon you can get from the PoE chest.

Is there any point in getting DLC pack 1?

I wish to get DLC pack 2 due to the prison of elders, trials of osaris and the exotic/legendary items.

Can i still reach level 34 with only DLC pack 2? I understand that some of the crucible maps from dlc pack 1 are now available for free. Tbh, the only thing that remotely interest me about DLC pack 1 is the raid mission, but i could live without it. Im mainly crucible focused and im currently a level 28.

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Yes. In fact I think you can even get to 34 without either expansion but it would take you a lot longer. Only fun part of DLC 1 was Crota and I guess the Urn quest was alright.

Deku Tree

In pvp, not so much.

I like striker in PvP more than any other subclass. It's just fun to smash a grouped up enemies, or to shoulder charge someone around a corner.

Granted I don't even try to play at a competitive level and I don't "tryhard" or anything like that.

noomi

Go for Low Grade Humility which drops pretty often in Crucible or Her Benevolence which is a Queen's weapon you can get from the PoE chest.

oooo! I actually have a her benevolence sitting in the vault. Going to look up a perk guide for snipers right now!

XenoRaven

I've one shot revived players with Praedyth's. Not sure if they were 33 or 34 though.

PuMa

Spear is great, and there are a few other high-impact options out there.

Her Benevolence, Longbow, LDR, Supremacy, Shadow of the Veils...

Atone13

Thanks!

Two more ranks to go. Wonder if I can do it by then.

It'll be a little bit of work, but I'm sure you can knock it out. Just be sure to buy the buff, equip the shader, emblem and the class item for the bonus rep gain they offer. Doing the bounties for today would help out a lot as well.

E92 M3

Come on Deej, leak something here on GAF, I dare you!

Deej will be tak-en a King Leak.

Deej is the very last person to give us interesting insight about unannounced work. If we're lucky, Luke will post something interesting for us to feast on through the Summer. That said, most everyone is happy with the direction Destiny is going.

I just hope the new expansion isn't 29.99

if it's got enough content, that is one thing, but, well.... yeah. Content or lack thereof is like one of the main problems with Destiny...

I just hope the new expansion isn't 29.99

if it's got enough content, that is one thing, but, well.... yeah. Content or lack thereof is like one of the main problems with Destiny...
We'll be lucky if the new expansion is only 39.99. 49.99 would not shock me. It has more content than both of the previous expansions, which were $20 each (or $35 for both) and technically as much content as vanilla Destiny, which was 59.99.

Top Bottom