• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

ykFkQEC.png

I wonder if any of that terrible fake leak from back in November will end up being true.

Titan - Crusader
Super: “Purge” You shoot this giant horizontal column of light directly in front of you. Upgrades can thicken the cylinder (default is size of Guardian, upgrade is about 200% increase), have the column shoot through walls, or shoot a second column behind you as well.
Grenades
1 Throws 3 small fire grenades at once. Think like a very small version of the Warlock Void special.
2 Drops grenade behind guardian. Designed for escape tactics when being chased.
3 Self planted grenade. Button activates grenade for 8 seconds. Any melee damage taken at that time sets grenade off, barely doesn’t kill a guardian by itself.

Warlock – Arc Thrower
Super: “Jupiter’s Storm” Creates an orb about the size of a Servitor slightly above and in front of you. The orb floats in the air and shoots lightning out at anything that come near it. Upgrades can increase range, can cause chain lightning, or cause the orb to spawn further away from the player character.
Grenades
1 Arc Grenade that detonates on second button input.
2 Grenade the transfers health to the Warlock.
3 Fence Grenade – Creates small electrified fence. Sticks to walls like the Titan Lightning Grenade and lasts about half as long.

Hunter - Trapper
Super: “Void Well” Drops a Void well on the floor. Enemies inside the Void well cannot jump, and have reduced movement speed. Upgrades can reduce all enemy movement, prevent enemies from using abilities, or increase radius of Void Well.
Grenades
1 Generic void damage grenade, doesn’t bounce. Sticks to any surface.
2 Bolas that act as a sticky, but do minimal damage while greatly reducing targets movement speed, and prevents them from jumping.
3 Caltrops. Throw them on the ground. Not super easy to see. A large amount of them on the ground, stepping on one detonates it for a small amount of damage. 1 “grenade” can kill a Guardian with a little left over.

I used to think this list was garbage, but it seems like some of these ideas or concepts have actually surfaced between then and now. The titan self planted grenade is very similar to the feedback fence, and the Hunter super seems very similar to the new mines in PoE.

Edit: The Hunter Bolas sound like the Debuff you get from the first Dark Below mission.

Major expansion in three months, and I'd guess that we get another two minor add-ons.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a $60 that includes the expansion + season pass and I'd be game for that.

lt519

Yeah. If Comet is anywhere near what I hope it is, Destiny will be bursting at the seams come fall.

I would love to see the old raids get a makeover and have some higher level options. Add a few new drops and a couple wrinkles. As of now I only have the time to play through the HoW material but I'm almost done and am looking for reasons to keep playing.

I've been doing nightfall every week but earned zero etheric light. I've gotten three so far from Iron Banner (working on getting more). Any tips on what weapons to upgrade? I'm a mainly PvE player and I have almost every weapon worth having except from new content.

I upgraded Fang of Iryut and Fatebringer.
Thinking about upgrading a shotgun (swordbreaker, found verdict?) to have a 365 secondary.
And then using my exotic for the gjallahorn. I wish I hadn't discarded my zombie apocalypse when I ran out of vault space :(.

A shotgun seems like it would be useful for PoE, especially the qodron levels. Seems like there is generally so much stuff its hard to use a sniper sometimes. I do have a Praedyth's Revenge and a couple of Efrideet's Speers that I could choose from if I decided to go with a sniper.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Hey what's the IB buff today? Titan near rank 4 and hope to quickly get him to 5, buy the light and armor and be done.

Not to party poop or attention seek but I might take a break for a while. Need to figure out what to do with my life. Plus my kid won't even look up from games to talk to people and it's kinda scaring me. :(

dude, do what you need to do for your family. obv, you'll be missed here. :/

Hoodbury

Not to party poop or attention seek but I might take a break for a while. Need to figure out what to do with my life. Plus my kid won't even look up from games to talk to people and it's kinda scaring me. :(

Do what you gotta do Colonel. Good thing about DGAF is that it doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, so we'll be here when you are ready to come back.

JayHayabusa

Who's up for Crota NM and Templar HM? Looking for black hammer and fatebringer (I know!)

Anyone with a checkpoint?
Anyone interested?

noomi

I've been doing nightfall every week but earned zero etheric light. I've gotten three so far from Iron Banner (working on getting more). Any tips on what weapons to upgrade? I'm a mainly PvE player and I have almost every weapon worth having except from new content.

Thinking about upgrading a shotgun (swordbreaker, found verdict?) to have a 365 secondary.
And then using my exotic for the gjallahorn. I wish I hadn't discarded my zombie apocalypse when I ran out of vault space :(.

A shotgun seems like it would be useful for PoE, especially the qodron levels. Seems like there is generally so much stuff its hard to use a sniper sometimes. I do have a Praedyth's Revenge and a couple of Efrideet's Speers that I could choose from if I decided to go with a sniper.

Vision of Confluence, Found Verdict, Corrective Measure all great for PVE :)

Can you link the shotgun guide please

http://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/37auty/house_of_wolves_shotgun_reforge_megathread/

TP-DK

My last round to hit Rank 5 in IB and I get Matador 64 and Radegasts Fury as rewards.

While matchmakingesus is against me, I atleast still have rngesus by my side.

hydruxo

I'd go with Found Verdict, I ascended mine two weeks ago and it's served me well in pve

It really comes down to preference and needs. A high impact sniper like Black Hammer, Spear or LDR is a must for PvE.

Its also nice to have armor options. I am trying to get about 2x light42 gear for each slot. A PvE and PvP focused set each.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Is there a different Matador for PS4 players? Cause I just got another one and the fire rate and range are less than my Party Crasher.

macewank

I would personally recommend getting yourself up to 34 before you start upgrading weapons.

Beyond that, elemental primaries first, then probably a sniper imho.

lt519

I would personally recommend getting yourself up to 34 before you start upgrading weapons.

Yeah you can't kill things if you are dead or hiding the whole time. Vision of confluence is good but if you have a Vex that can do in the meantime. Found verdict is a good choice since there are a lot of yellow captains in PoE. One good sniper is useful too but you can always use a 365 exotic.

I am 34 and have spare armored cores for my 2nd and 3rd characters. I have two elementary primaries (both arc though, meh).

After reading the other responses, the short list is:

1) Efrideet's Spear (I have way too many of these, could spend a bunch of motes getting it perfect)
2) Black Hammer
3) Vision of Confluence
4) Found Verdict
5) Corrective Measure

Thanks!

nOoblet16

I'm stressing for no reason today, donno maybe it's just me missing my GF or maybe it's the new project that I have undertaken which sounds daunting or maybe both lol.

I just wanna play something in a group and can't be something high stress like Trials, anyone still playing IB ?

I don't have any kind of weekly routine for Destiny. I just hop on and do what I feel like doing. Maybe I'll set a goal like "level up this armor" and then I'll need to do Bounties and Strikes for the points. That kind of manual quest making is part of the reason I've kept playing as long as I have. The activities themselves have largely been losing their invesment potential because the rewards no longer apply to me.

I could see how one would feel overwhelmed if they felt compelled to do every weekly activity more than once on top of leisurely play like Strikes and Crucible. Picking and choosing however leaves only a few activities worth participating in for the end game, and it diminishes each week. It's hard to justify the grind for one piece of gear unless you still really enjoy the overall experience. Some of us may be burnt out for any number of reasons though.

I'd personally be a lot more interested in HoW if the PvP meta game was rebalanced. that and the overall quality of the new maps have completely sucked out the luster of the expansion for me. Prison of Elders is okay, but not "45 minutes for strange coins and queen weapons" okay.

It's interesting how the game has "more content" now but a lot of what made the original release replayable has been phased out. For example, a new piece of gear dropping in vanilla Destiny would almost completely change how the game was played. Now most of it is sharded in favor of vanilla weapons or Exotics that are not only better, but completely dominant and more likely to drop to begin with.

What would breath new life into this game for me is a global reforging system applied to all weapons and armor, as well as the items from the old loot pools being made available again. Raids could also use a new loot table.

I'm stressing for no reason today, donno maybe it's just me missing my GF or maybe it's the new project that I have undertaken which sounds daunting or maybe both lol.

I just wanna play something in a group and can't be something high stress like Trials, anyone still playing IB ?

I'd be down. Looking to hit Lvl 5.

ocean

Banned
So frustrated with Iron Banner matchmaking. I've lost 8 of the last 10 matches. Always stuck with randoms against 4-5 clan tagged teams. Sucks.

Akai XIII

I'll be back. Just need to help someone finish a PoE.

hydruxo

Does the Titan's supressor grenade prevent blinks in PvP?

Yep. Grenades, supers, melees, jumps/blink.

Ran into a team of 3 Defender titans in ToO the first weekend and they were all running suppression nades. Needless to say it was super annoying (but smart, gotta give them props for utilizing it the right way).

Top Bottom