• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

I don't have any kind of weekly routine for Destiny. I just hop on and do what I feel like doing. Maybe I'll set a goal like "level up this armor" and then I'll need to do Bounties and Strikes for the points. That kind of manual quest making is part of the reason I've kept playing as long as I have. The activities themselves have largely been losing their invesment potential because the rewards no longer apply to me.

I could see how one would feel overwhelmed if they felt compelled to do every weekly activity more than once on top of leisurely play like Strikes and Crucible. Picking and choosing however leaves only a few activities worth participating in for the end game, and it diminishes each week. It's hard to justify the grind for one piece of gear unless you still really enjoy the overall experience. Some of us may be burnt out for any number of reasons though.

I'd personally be a lot more interested in HoW if the PvP meta game was rebalanced. that and the overall quality of the new maps have completely sucked out the luster of the expansion for me. Prison of Elders is okay, but not "45 minutes for strange coins and queen weapons" okay.

It's interesting how the game has "more content" now but a lot of what made the original release replayable has been phased out. For example, a new piece of gear dropping in vanilla Destiny would almost completely change how the game was played. Now most of it is sharded in favor of vanilla weapons or exotics that are not only better, but completely dominant and more likely to drop to begin with.

I'm kinda OCD when it comes to collect stuff, but besides that, I'm not really to obssessed with anything.

My current goal is to complete the trials armor set for all 3 chars, complete iron banner armor also for 3 chars, ascend VoG and CE stuff (armor, weapons).

That's it. All pretty easy aside from Trials. My close friends suck on PvP. I usually am able to find good teammates here on gaf tho.

LTWood12

Hey what's the IB buff today? Titan near rank 4 and hope to quickly get him to 5, buy the light and armor and be done.

Not to party poop or attention seek but I might take a break for a while. Need to figure out what to do with my life. Plus my kid won't even look up from games to talk to people and it's kinda scaring me. :(

Never a bad idea to put down the controller and spend some quality time hanging out with the family. It's hard to do, but I'm never sorry that I did it, as much as I joke about spousal enrage and all that.
Saying a prayer for you this afternoon if that's ok.

The rumored release date for the expansion is perfect. No other game is releasing in the middle of September. MGS5 is the first of September, enough time to enjoy it.

Dave_6

My Titan is 2/3rd of the way to rank 4 in IB. With my Hunter at rank 5 and my Warlock at 4, think the Titan can make it to 5 tonight with the buff and only today's bounties to do? I don't have the class item yet but I do have a shader and emblem FWIW.

123rl

Got my Titan to lvl 5 in a day. It's much easier with a second character

Titan has IB boots, gauntlets, chest and Titan Mark. Warlock has boots and Warlock Bond. I've got the IB shotgun, rocket launcher, scout rifle, sniper rifle, and auto rifle. I am such an iron banner whore

PuMa

Hopefully everyone will be cramming some high-buff IB tonight, and I can stroll through a few casual ToO matches.

My Titan is 2/3rd of the way to rank 4 in IB. With my Hunter at rank 5 and my Warlock at 4, think the Titan can make it to 5 tonight with the buff and only today's bounties to do? I don't have the class item yet but I do have a shader and emblem FWIW.

You probably need about 3 wins and 3 or 4 bounties to hit rank 5. I played this morning and hit both my titan and warlock to 5 and rhe buff was huge, wearing shader and emblem. I think the bounties have about 500 rep each.

I second the Solar Titan getting Blink. It's only fair, and vengeance must be served.

We don't need it.

I see shoulder charge as a trade off for blink.

Blink currently messes with the game way more than it should. Hopefully none of the new sub classes have blink, and we can start to remove the ability from the game (as in, not have it at all in Desitny 2).

PuMa

Blink-slide would be interesting.

Blink shoulder charge.

12XMGIWtrHBl5e.gif

Dave_6

You probably need about 3 wins and 3 or 4 bounties to hit rank 5. I played this morning and hit both my titan and warlock to 5 and rhe buff was huge, wearing shader and emblem. I think the bounties have about 500 rep each.

I hope so. Time is my enemy as I need to farm glimmer as I only have ~9000 right now and have 4 etheric light to buy, along with the Titan class item.

noomi

Titans with blink would be like a nasty spider breathing fire that could also fly. Wait... thats a dragon....

NO

Just had so much fun running ToO with my buddy Xpilcit and new friend Hellgast. Ended the card with an 8-1 record with surpassed what I went in hoping for. Lots of funny moments...just ask Xplicit about his Warlock Yolo game winner and the scared puppys dogs hiding in a bubble as a pair of mean ol Strikers smashed the ever living $#!* out em.

Hahahaha that was a ton a fun! Totally awesome games. Had bad luck against the loss on the ticket but got that win 8 package!

#YOLO (Or YOLT!)
LividFilthyGemsbuck.gif

Fehyd

Banned
We don't need it.

Blink currently messes with the game way more than it should. Hopefully none of the new sub classes have blink, and we can start to remove the ability from the game (as in, not have it at all in Desitny 2).

Shoulder charge gets beaten by a shotgun though. Blink is a lot tougher is you don't have bionic laser vision and the fastest aiming skills imaginable.

We don't need it.

the idea is great but the execution has been poor.

its basically evade from Bungie's Halo Reach and that move was overpowered for basically the same reason.

evasive abilities need a charge up and cooldown or theyll just be abused.

There are some rare ocassions the stick would fail like

Starting a super
During a super
Moving to the sides with high agi char
Running
Close, super long target adquisition to let the auto aim stick to the enemy

That would do it. Thanks. I guess there's a bit of a physics collision happening here, as it seems like it fails more often the closer I am when I have a perk for tossing grenades further as well. Like the grenade velocity + their velocity just tells me to got to hell.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

I also have an amplified GEO from a NF drop that I could re-roll, but haven't heard much about that rifle.

I've been using it and I love it for PvP! i got used to it since I could never get Her Benevolence or LGH. I rolled Unflinching and Outlaw. I hope I'll love Her Benevolence once I get my dream roll on it.

Is there any point in getting DLC pack 1?

I wish to get DLC pack 2 due to the prison of elders, trials of osaris and the exotic/legendary items.

Can i still reach level 34 with only DLC pack 2? I understand that some of the crucible maps from dlc pack 1 are now available for free. Tbh, the only thing that remotely interest me about DLC pack 1 is the raid mission, but i could live without it. Im mainly crucible focused and im currently a level 28.

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Yes. In fact I think you can even get to 34 without either expansion but it would take you a lot longer. Only fun part of DLC 1 was Crota and I guess the Urn quest was alright.

Thanks man. Anyone else have any other thoughts on this?

Shoulder charge gets beaten by a shotgun though. Blink is a lot tougher is you don't have bionic laser vision and the fastest aiming skills imaginable.

No. Shoulder charge is equivalent to a shotgun. Shotguns beat shoulder charges the same way Shotguns beat other shotguns. It's all about who is faster/playing smarter.

Zocano

Looking to get 8 wins today in Trials. Don't have to be flawless, I just want the reward packages. Let's get going (and please be decent).

PSN is Zocano

Top Bottom