• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

E92 M3

They weren't kidding when they said they fixed the rewards for crucible.

Every game. Last person gets the good drop. FFS.

I joined you nooblet but you were afk..

The PVP did an excellent job with reward distribution. Now the PVE team needs to follow.

Namikaze1

I'll try and get the 650 I need before reset. Or get enough points for me to just do PoE 32 tomorrow on this character. If anyone is looking to do PoE 34 later, I'm free to help.

Hey so, I'm kinda running out of options for ToO this week. I really want to get those gauntlets but I can never find a team and the few I tried through here and LFG didn't get to 5 wins. Can anyone help?

GT: TheDarkOrchid

zewone

I'll try and get the 650 I need before reset. Or get enough points for me to just do PoE 32 tomorrow on this character. If anyone is looking to do PoE 34 later, I'm free to help.

Do a 34 with people willing to farm.

If you only need 650 the 34 is worth 350 points.

What you do is kill the boss and immediately kill yourself (rockets are jump off ledge) you have to kill yourself pretty quickly.

You'll get the points and just have to burn him one more time for a total of 700 points.

They should have all done it simultaneous, they would have actually had a better chance.
Hindsight. Plus, the last guy was probably hoping he could outlast the timer before his super ran out but the death clock timer was running out.

One more weapon question. I've gained 8 levels in IB hoping to get a Felwinter's lie. I didn't get one but I got a Matador 64. I did notice however whenever I would check out who defeated me in shotgun wars, it was almost always Felwinter's lie.

Is it that much better? The stats look pretty close..

I've never been much of a shotgun person but I was having pretty decent success running Thorn + Matador 64 + Random Heavy Machine Gun.

A couple of kills that kinda show the range:
http://xboxclips.com/SeventhGear/060de3b8-f990-4ae9-a2bc-93d461db1a18

Don't do the 34, do the 32.

32 has
  • Overmind Minotar (75 pts)
  • Pilot Servitor (75 pts)
  • Quodron (250 pts)

34 has
  • Kalik's Reborn (350 pts)

You get 50 more points from Quodron than you do Kalik's.

Plus you can just farm the first wave of Quodron for an additional 75 pts for the remainder.

EL CUCO

South Florida DGAF Represent!

Edit: Adding Cuco and his tag team brother.
bosh-dance-gif.gif

Namikaze1

Sorry but I am not about to kill myself once the boss is dead. Once the boss is dead, he is dead. Not doing that crap. I wanna get through these PoEs quick. Not waste my time.

PoE 32 gives 350 in total. That's how much I have right now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why does Florida have to be so damn looooong?
i knoooooooow.
One more weapon question. I've gained 8 levels in IB hoping to get a Felwinter's lie. I didn't get one but I got a Matador 64. I did notice however whenever I would check out who defeated me in shotgun wars, it was almost always Felwinter's lie.

Is it that much better? The stats look pretty close..

I've never been much of a shotgun person but I was having pretty decent success running Thorn + Matador 64 + Random Heavy Machine Gun.

A couple of kills that kinda show the range:
http://xboxclips.com/SeventhGear/060de3b8-f990-4ae9-a2bc-93d461db1a18
it's all about the perks. Look here.

zewone

Did HOW come with any new exotic weapons?
How can you obtain them?

Is there any reason to run VOG and Crota anymore?

It has 3 confirmed exotic weapons all based on Fallen weapons.

You get a bounty for them randomly by beating the level 34 or level 35 Prison of Elders boss. When you kill the boss the bounty may appear in your inventory. Keep an open slot.

LiK

I might jump back into ToO. Just killing is my forte and I want another trip to Mercury. Such a pretty view.

It prevents everything, including my damn double jump.

Yep. Grenades, supers, melees, jumps/blink.

Ran into a team of 3 Defender titans in ToO the first weekend and they were all running suppression nades. Needless to say it was super annoying (but smart, gotta give them props for utilizing it the right way).
hmm, I guess this explains why Titans don't have blink.

I believe I'll be using these for Skolas, I hate those damned blinking Captains.

Did HOW come with any new exotic weapons?
How can you obtain them?

Is there any reason to run VOG and Crota anymore?
I believe 3 new exotic bounties that can only be dropped from PoE 35 and a smaller chance at PoE34. There is 1 more exotic that is "obtainable" that no one knows how to get.

And no unless you want something from those raids.

zewone

Sorry but I am not about to kill myself once the boss is dead. Once the boss is dead, he is dead. Not doing that crap. I wanna get through these PoEs quick. Not waste my time.

...it takes more time to run through PoE 34 twice then to wipe to the boss and kill him again.

Running PoE 34 takes at least 45 minutes and wiping to the boss after beating him will take you an additional 5 minutes to be complete.

Daemul

I don't have any kind of weekly routine for Destiny. I just hop on and do what I feel like doing. Maybe I'll set a goal like "level up this armor" and then I'll need to do Bounties and Strikes for the points. That kind of manual quest making is part of the reason I've kept playing as long as I have. The activities themselves have largely been losing their invesment potential because the rewards no longer apply to me.

I could see how one would feel overwhelmed if they felt compelled to do every weekly activity more than once on top of leisurely play like Strikes and Crucible. Picking and choosing however leaves only a few activities worth participating in for the end game, and it diminishes each week. It's hard to justify the grind for one piece of gear unless you still really enjoy the overall experience. Some of us may be burnt out for any number of reasons though.

I'd personally be a lot more interested in HoW if the PvP meta game was rebalanced. that and the overall quality of the new maps have completely sucked out the luster of the expansion for me. Prison of Elders is okay, but not "45 minutes for strange coins and queen weapons" okay.

It's interesting how the game has "more content" now but a lot of what made the original release replayable has been phased out. For example, a new piece of gear dropping in vanilla Destiny would almost completely change how the game was played. Now most of it is sharded in favor of vanilla weapons or Exotics that are not only better, but completely dominant and more likely to drop to begin with.

What would breath new life into this game for me is a global reforging system applied to all weapons and armor, as well as the items from the old loot pools being made available again. Raids could also use a new loot table.

Yep, agreed. Destiny is a much more enjoyable game when played casually instead of in a formulaic manner, it prevents burn out.

I used to run daily story missions, bounties, nightfalls and weekly's on all 3 of my characters pre-Dark Below, but the grind really took it's toll on me and the added disappointment of TDB didn't exactly help matters. I eventually stopped doing the daily missions, bounties, nightfalls and weekly's and only did the CE Raid on my main character before switching off Destiny for the rest of the week, and once I had all the raid weapons I just stopped playing the game completely for about 3 months because I was tired of the bullshit.

When I started playing again a couple of weeks before HoW came out, I realised that there was no point in pushing myself to try and do everything when there was no benefit to doing 90% of it since I had everything I wanted, so I've pretty much restricted myself to doing activities any only on my main character, with my alts only being used to help me get to level 34 before being abandoned.

Now the only thing you'll see me do on my main each week is probably run the nightfall if I'm in the mood(e.g. no shitty strike that week), maybe play some PoE and then spend the rest of the time in the Crucible. I don't even consider doing the daily story missions anymore, I don't bother to run the old raids since I have everything from them and bounties are restricted to when I want to level a weapon, so yeah, the only guaranteed thing I do each week is play PvP, but I am seriously considering bailing out of that too until Bungie get off their backsides and balance their shit, because PvP is broken.

To sum it all up I play Destiny way less than I used to do, but I enjoy it much more since I'n no longer playing it like it's my second job.

spyder_ur

OK - so I cleared Skolas this week, but my bounties were full of IB stuff. When I went back to Variks I can see the bounty with the choice of the 3 weapons, but I can't pick any of them to start the quest. I turn in a bounty so I have an open slot, but I still can't click any of them to start. I press X on one of them and nothing happens.

What gives? Am I out of luck?

i just rerolled my judgment VI with solar, AggBall, shot package, speed reload/snapshot/reinforced barrel, and kneepads... used 2 rerolls. worth keeping?

PoE 32 gives 350 in total. That's how much I have right now.
Run PoE 32 or 34 again in their entirety or do it once and spend 5 minutes killing the boss again for the same amount of points. Not a waste of time.

E92 M3

I might jump back into ToO. Just killing is my forte and I want another trip to Mercury. Such a pretty view.

It's the most atmospheric place in Destiny and I wish we could always chill there. I like to idle at Mercury while eating or doing other things lol.

OK - so I cleared Skolas this week, but my bounties were full of IB stuff. When I went back to Variks I can see the bounty with the choice of the 3 weapons, but I can't pick any of them to start the quest. I turn in a bounty so I have an open slot, but I still can't click any of them to start. I press X on one of them and nothing happens.

What gives? Am I out of luck?

That's a bit strange. You may need to run skolas again. I belive it was stated that if you 'received' an elder cipher from skolas, but your bounties were full, it'd be a guaranteed drop next time you beat it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i just rerolled my judgment VI with solar, AggBall, shot package, speed reload/snapshot/reinforced barrel, and kneepads... used 2 rerolls. worth keeping?
you basically are unable to get an objectively "better" roll, I don't know why you wouldn't.

Top Bottom