• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

E92 M3

SO, I just spent my etheric light thing from Iron Banner lvl 3 to level up my Vision of Confluence. Did I screw up?

Already lvl 34 btw.

You should feel horrible - the Vision of Confluence is a horrible weapon. Consider the etheric light wasted.

Deku Tree

Found out earlier there's a slightly better pulse rifle that drops from Vanguard Dragon and PoE 28.

http://www.destinydb.com/items/3478790848-hopscotch-pilgrim

Slightly better stats and re-rollable.

I agree that The Messenger is amazing, which is why I want this gun.

Wow that has good stability.

The ability to re-roll has made the end game weapons not really so essential in PvP where the elemental burn doesn't matter, except when the end game weapons have unique perks that can't be rolled.

spyder_ur

That's a bit strange. You may need to run skolas again. I belive it was stated that if you 'received' an elder cipher from skolas, but your bounties were full, it'd be a guaranteed drop next time you beat it.

That'd be a bummer. It's just weird cuz it seems like he's offering it, I just can't progress. I'm worried that I might be permanently F'd.

zewone

That'd be a bummer. It's just weird cuz it seems like he's offering it, I just can't progress. I'm worried that I might be permanently F'd.

I have the same problem right now.

I'm guessing when I beat Skolas after reset tomorrow it should get ironed out.

I would wait for reset though. I hear you can't get it to drop by just beating him again on the same week.

Make sure to have an open slot this time.

LordofPwn

I see a video with like 6 sunsingers posted and am told its amazing. person that uploaded lost.
I see a video of a gunslingers fight sunsingers, and can't believe all the terribleness in the play calling.

I post a video to reddit with actual intense fighting with close calls and i get 1 reply... sometimes i just dont know how to internet...

Man, so now that I've sampled both of the new Sidearm weapon types, I feel like they really need some balancing done to them.

At the same time, though. It's just 2 weapons, so does it really matter? Like, is bungie going to actually create a large amount of these weapons in the future? Or are they just going to trickle in over the next year?

Basically, is it work balancing the weapon type, or should each individual weapon be balanced?

Long story, short: Dreg's Promise is pretty terrible, and Vestian Dynasty isn't really much better.

Edit: Also, another piece of evidence that Vestian Dynasty was once the 347 Vesta Dynasty. The Vestian Dynasty has the same dismantle time of an exotic weapon.

Frenden

Banned
I play a shitload of Hunter and Warlock PvP, but nearly never Titan. Best exotic for Crucible?

I'm guessing Armamentatium? Any other fun builds?

I assume most folks are too smart to run into a St. 14 bubble.

who wants to join the glimmer farm weapon parts train?

basically

• farm 25000 glimmer at gatekeepers
  • with a polyphage popped, you net 592 glimmer per lap around the vault, which takes less than a minute. so you should hit the cap in less than half an hour
  • then you buy all the jewels from brotha vance (requires 7 wins on a ticket) and dismantle them.
  • 1 jewel = 500 glimmer and dismantles into 2-3 weapon parts. assuming you buy them until you run out of glimmer, you'll have dismantled 50 jewels for 100-150 weapon parts
  • rinse and repeat until you have enough weapon parts to gamble at the gunsmith again -_-

i sound like graverobber

Man, so now that I've sampled both of the new Sidearm weapon types, I feel like they really need some balancing done to them.

At the same time, though. It's just 2 weapons, so does it really matter? Like, is bungie going to actually create a large amount of these weapons in the future? Or are they just going to trickle in over the next year?

Basically, is it work balancing the weapon type, or should each individual weapon be balanced?

Long story, short: Dreg's Promise is pretty terrible, and Vestian Dynasty isn't really much better.

3x Vestian DyNASTY's melted L35 Captains during the last round before Skolas with captain perk. And 2 of ours weren't maxed.

joecanada

interesting. guess i shiuldnt have sharded my revelators

Im not saying the revelator is great, but I did have good success with a red hand IX in the past, you aren't ever going to win a duel with a thorn but if they do indeed nerf the thorn, or you want to run a purple handgun, the higher rate of fire ones seem to win now due to the 95 impact ones not being able to pull off that 2 headshot kill ... only the thorn can do it and it still has higher rof than the higher impact ones, thats what makes thorn special.

but purple primaries are essential because what if you really want to run a planC or an invective or a thunderlord? you gotta have something in there... also pocket infinity lol if you like to troll people.

got my hunter to lvl5 in IB for the first time ever!
man, it's so much easier to get that 10 kill bounty playing with rando's as opposed to the Gaf trains... you all are too gud...

PuMa

basically

• with a polyphage popped, you net 592 glimmer per lap around the vault, which takes less than a minute. so you should hit the cap in 35-40 minutes.
  • then you buy all the jewels from brotha vance (requires 7 wins on a ticket) and dismantle them.
  • 1 jewel = 500 glimmer and dismantles into 2-3 weapon parts. assuming you buy them until you run out of glimmer, you'll have dismantled 50 jewels for 100-150 weapon parts
  • rinse and repeat until you have enough weapon parts to gamble at the gunsmith again -_-

I wish I wasn't at work. This sounds like the best train ever.

Deku Tree

I have a max lord of wolves, and I have two other exotic bounties on two other characters. And I'm not planning on grinding them at all or doing extra PoE's just to advance the bounty any faster. I have treasure keys but I haven't even tried to get the queens cypher yet. I guess I'll do that on Tuesday and then maybe I'll wait until the following reset to get the points that I need to get the weapons done. Trying to avoid the extra grind.

neoism

Okay. Shotguns are really stupid.

Really, really stupid.

you know before this dlc i didnt use them much had the invective shotty and just could kill shit with and someone else would come up and one shot me didnt understand... been usin shottys alot after how hit... they are cheap as shit though... i dont use fushion because they just seem cheap one hit kill weapons and me being an auto rifle fan and having to deal with the fucked up shitty inbanalced... i can understand.. but just start using shottys... party crashers+1 is amazing....

also im playin IB wouldnt mine that cape only need probably 15 wins or something ...but would love a team anyone....?
psn ne0ism-

I play a shitload of Hunter and Warlock PvP, but nearly never Titan. Best exotic for Crucible?

I'm guessing Armamentatium? Any other fun builds?

I assume most folks are too smart to run into a St. 14 bubble.

I've used Armamentarium for a long time now. Double Lightning grenades are amazing, and can create some great cross patterns and area denail locations.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBHcpJxB-WU

And here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JV-Vi0Tgp8

Innermost Light is great for turning your Fist of Havoc into something more like the Warlock Nova Bomb, in that you can cast it from a safe distance. Great for Control and other objective based Crucible.

Peregrine Greaves are great for countering Supers since you can now 1HKO shoulder charge anything with enhanced armor. Radiant Warlocks, Defenders in Bubbles, all of them will die with an airborne shoulder charge.

basically

• with a polyphage popped, you net 592 glimmer per lap around the vault, which takes less than a minute. so you should hit the cap in less than half an hour

i sound like graverobber

you'll get that LGH roll one day

you just have to believe in yourself

PuMa

it's great. you can even solo the gatekeeper checkpoint. i farmed on my own for 30 minutes yesterday.

it's more fun with others though

Yeah we were rolling yesterday. I used my glimmer to get the rest of my IB Etherics. I need to stock up on those Jewels now.

GlamFM

Banned
Ok, that went really... Not so nice for me...

Let me try that again...

The time is now!

BECOME LEGEND!

Get Glam to 5 in ToO!

(Please)

Edit: Also, another piece of evidence that Vestian Dynasty was once the 347 Vesta Dynasty. The Vestian Dynasty has the same dismantle time of an exotic weapon.
I don't know how horrible they really are, but I know I've gotten my fair share of kills with the Vestian Dynasty and it has bailed my ass out numerous times. It seems like the best option for those times when you run out of ammo and need to finish someone off.

basically

i sound like graverobber
This is one of the reasons I wanted to play trials this past weekend. I've only been able to get a group once and that was way earlier this morning. I'm dying on weapon parts.

3x Vestian DyNASTY's melted L35 Captains during the last round before Skolas with captain perk. And 2 of ours weren't maxed.

That's great, but you're going to have ammo problems pretty soon, most likely. Also incredibly situational.

It takes 3 of you to melt a L35 Captain with the same weapon, but I can 3HKO a 35Captain with my own shotgun and safe a lot more ammo.

I don't know how horrible they really are, but I know I've gotten my fair share of kills with the Vestian Dynasty and it has bailed my ass out numerous times. It seems like the best option for those times when you run out of ammo and need to finish someone off.
That sounds like a terrible reason to need a weapon type. Something to pick off with when you've run out of other options?

Every other special weapon can be used primarily (and pretty much should be) assuming you have the ammo for it.

Deku Tree

I would like more weapons parts to re-roll for the perfect weapons with the optimal perks etc.

But then I realized the other day that I am better off working on my very average PvP skills with the huge number of very good weapons that I already have rather than grinding for even more OP weapons. This is probably more fun too.

BTW, should I buy the "increased grenade throw distance helmet" from the crucible quartermaster and the "increased hand canon reload speed and increased melee attack speed" gloves from the DO vendor for PvP purposes? Is that the best way to get all three of those perks? (It would suck to not be able to use one my my favorite exotic helmets in PvP though.)

Ikkarus

Peregrine Greaves are great for countering Supers since you can now 1HKO shoulder charge anything with enhanced armor. Radiant Warlocks, Defenders in Bubbles, all of them will die with an airborne shoulder charge.

Sounds like I need to get me these. I'm hoping Xur will have a boots engram this week.

EBreda

Hell no, Vision of Confluence is a great weapon. You made the right call.

You should feel horrible - the Vision of Confluence is a horrible weapon. Consider the etheric light wasted.

Got it guys. lol

Anyway, if anyone's been looking for extra XBO players, please feel free to FR me. (Gt: Ed Balboa)
Hunter 34 (one character only) with the usual suspects - VoC, TLW, Suros, IB, P&T, Galla, TL.
Usually do VoG, Crota, Nightfall and Weekly once a week. PoElders only did 28 ans 32 so far.

Thanks

I've used Armamentarium for a long time now. Double Lightning grenades are amazing, and can create some great cross patterns and area denail locations.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBHcpJxB-WU

And here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JV-Vi0Tgp8

Innermost Light is great for turning your Fist of Havoc into something more like the Warlock Nova Bomb, in that you can cast it from a safe distance. Great for Control and other objective based Crucible.

thanks for sharing! :)
btw, Kor, do you have a twitch stream?

Top Bottom