• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Gotta do some errand with the girlfriend so glimmer farming will be in a little bit. She said I haven't done anything all day. She doesn't realize playing Destiny is doing stuff!

Ken

I don't even think you can access The Reef until you're 20.

Yup. Once you hit 20 the Reef opens up regardless of where you're at in the story though.

Although you couldn't even wear the armor core gear if you're under 20 anyways.

GhaleonEB

This isn't going to go away, I think.

Because Destiny is designed around being a game without a Pause button. Thus, everything you do in destiny needs to be short enough (or have checkpoints) that it can be completed in small sessions. Plus, there are already people that complain about the Black Garden and the Crota Crystal mission when they show up as the Daily.

Also, remember that most of the Halo levels were actually broken up into smaller sub levels.

Almost every Halo 3 level had 3 "chapters" to it. Granted these chapters were very streamlined into each other. They were all transitioned into the same way though. A little letter boxing and the chapter title at the bottom.

Halo 3 has the level The Covenant which has the chapters:
  • If you want it done right
  • Journey's End
  • Revelation

Each of those is about the size of an average Destiny level.
This is true, though we do have a few longer than average missions in Destiny (such as mission to charge the Gatelord's eye on Mars). My hope is that they will add in a checkpoint system to the longer levels, as with the raids. I think it would be unfortunate if the only way to experience larger environments and scope were in raids.

Thank you IB for letting me skip the rep grind. As soon as I hit 26 I had no problem going agaist level 34 opponents so now my titan's at 31 with the 2 IB legendaries and the exotic.

all the story missions should be longer. if they need to break them up into checkpoints then so be it.

the dailies will just need fun modifiers to make things go quicker and then better rewards.

Arrrammis

Bungie really needs to add a raid, new patrol area, and generally expand on the game rather than keeping stuff the same (I.e. removing blades of crota and putting in the wolves - why not both?), or I'm not sure if I'll go for the next dlc.

Who am I kidding, I know I'll buy it as soon as it drops.

Owensboro

Anyone want to do a PoE 32? Would be my first time attempting it.

Or, alternatively, I don't suppose 6 people would want to give the Vault of Glass a go? Also have never done that, but would love to try it out.

Edit: also totally looking for some IB if there are open spots in one. :)

Finally jump into IB today and land in a match that's in progress. My team is losing about 3000 to 1800 notbad.jpeg. I immediately went on spree that netted me the Iron Wrath Bounty and then got ahold of Heavy ammo. Poor opposition didn't know what hit em. If only o could play like that all the time.

IzYAmdP.jpg

Gotta do some errand with the girlfriend so glimmer farming will be in a little bit. She said I haven't done anything all day. She doesn't realize playing Destiny is doing stuff!

Did you tell her you were sick?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally jump into IB today and land in a match that's in progress. My team is losing about 3000 to 1800 notbad.jpeg. I immediately went on spree that netted me the Iron Wrath Bounty and then got ahold of Heavy ammo. Poor opposition didn't know what hit em. If only o could play like that all the time.

IzYAmdP.jpg
nothing beats that feeling, when you know exactly what your impact did

LTWood12

IzYAmdP.jpg

Way to go Grim! Games like that make me love the PVP in Destiny! But if you're like me, you'll immediately follow that game with a match full of wasted supers and deaths right after picking up rockets :)

Anyone want to do a PoE 32? Would be my first time attempting it.

Or, alternatively, I don't suppose 6 people would want to give the Vault of Glass a go? Also have never done that, but would love to try it out.

Edit: also totally looking for some IB if there are open spots in one. :)

I wouldn't mind running a 32 again, only issue is my mic is acting up. Can't tell when it is actually working lol

Finally jump into IB today and land in a match that's in progress. My team is losing about 3000 to 1800 notbad.jpeg. I immediately went on spree that netted me the Iron Wrath Bounty and then got ahold of Heavy ammo. Poor opposition didn't know what hit em.

Nice grim.

Can you help Silver and I get to 5 wins? With the buffs we'll only need 3 actual wins...

Kyne

man.. these LFG posts are ridiculous. People demanding players with max gear/flawless experience/hot girlfriends.. and if you look at 90% of them they have like a .7 k/d and seem like they've been carried the entire way of their previous trials runs.

gaf, don't make me do this. Anyone looking to do trials? I can hold my own. All I ask is you do the same :<

What's the best PVP shotgun? I've been using a 365 Found Verdict. However I also have a Felwinter's w/ shot package & final round and a Party Crasher w/ shot package and luck in the chamber. Should I be using one of those instead?

LiK

What's the best PVP shotgun? I've been using a 365 Found Verdict. However I also have a Felwinter's w/ shot package & final round and a Party Crasher w/ shot package and luck in the chamber. Should I be using one of those instead?

Yea, FV has been surpassed.

Nice grim.

Can you help Silver and I get to 5 wins? With the buffs we'll only need 3 actual wins...

I can try. Still haven't gotten comfortable with this map. I basically acted as Robinson and Blaze's hunting dog. Stuck my nose in the brush and rounded up any loose game.

123rl

In the last 24 hours I've:

Finished IB for my warlock
Got my Titan from nothing to level 5 on IB in a day
Completed PoE 34 for the first time

It's been a day of Destiny and I've loved it

Arrrammis

Came across an interesting reddit post. Apparently there are some people running ToO on low levels characters to get good chances at the watcher's armor. For 100 glimmer and a bit of patience and luck, they could hit lvl. 31 in a weekend! They just have to swing by the reef very 3 games to renew their ticket (don't even have to pay for a renew, brother Vance does it for free!) And keep going! Might not be ethical, but people trying for a good ticket get a free win and the lower levels have a good chance at hitting lvl. 32 without having to spend a month grinding factions.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of this.

Dunk#7

man.. these LFG posts are ridiculous. People demanding players with max gear/flawless experience/hot girlfriends.. and if you look at 90% of them they have like a .7 k/d and seem like they've been carried the entire way of their previous trials runs.

gaf, don't make me do this. Anyone looking to do trials? I can hold my own. All I ask is you do the same :<

I feel the same way. I am typically around a 1.3 k/d, and most of the teams I have been on for ToO this week I have been the top player. Obviously we didn't do that great if a 1.3 is the leader. Not having any support has dropped me to a 1.2 in ToO

I'm trying to run IB right now, but I just wanted to comment.

I made it to Mercury the first two weeks pretty easily. This week has been a struggle to say the least.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There's some degree of personal preference, but the meta would say either of the two latter are definitely preferred. Here.

Top Bottom