• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

FinKL

I don't know about a link but yeah I imagine it's just start a match and plan to lose and hope for an armor drop at the end. Do that Over and over and only costs you 100 glimmer every three matches. Seems very booring but possibly an inexpensive way to get some level 32 armor if you don't have any.

Gotcha, Dragon playlist seems like the way to go then, even saw 1 person getting (Gjallarhorn) from it

Rhaegar

Anyone for Trials on XBone? I have a 5-1 card and would love to get the gold tier package. Will stay on for more games if we get on a roll! GT is Ev0lved1

Anyone around for an 8 win Trials card.
I've played the map three times so I'm pretty much an expert on it :\

admittedly this map has the steepest learning curve of the ones we've played so far, and not just because it's relatively new. unlike burning shrine and pantheon, there's a lot of potential strategies that can be used. i've unfortunately had the displeasure of playing people who opt for the obvious sunday morning service strategy though.

border

Checking again to see anyone's thoughts on if this would still be viable even on a void burn week...

In retrospect I think the Gjallarhorn burn strategy was kinda dumb, even when it was Solar Burn. It's too reliant on burning ammo synthesis, and the rockets are not very good at keeping Skolas staggered......which means he can walk up and crub stomp your group relatively easily. If he teleports or you fail to keep your distance, you are stuck waiting a ridiculous 10 minutes on synth cooldown.

Sniper strategy is far better. Not only can a good group keep Skolas stunlocked, but they can actually push him back. When you run out of sniper ammo you don't have to blow a synth, you can just switch to a machine gun and finish him off. In the event that the group fails all you have to do is make a couple short ammo runs to regain your special ammo.

I think the next time Skolas is Solar Burn, most people will just use good solar snipers (or at the very least combine them with Gjallarhorn rounds).

Jabronium

I don't know about losing your medallions but I have finished several winning and losing IB matches where I get no rep at the end of it. I guess it has to do with lag if your game can't authenticate with Bungie servers or something then you don't get the rewards. Just guessing.

Sigh. Super lame. Just need one win and I'll be done.

radiohead1

Neo Member
yesssssssss
i want to see his head roll back from all our sniper shots to his face!

If you still need a third for this run at 35, I'd like to give it a go. I have fully maxed out void weapons, but my sniper is only a Praedyth's. Have a 365 void scholar and corrective measure.

In retrospect I think the Gjallarhorn burn strategy was kinda dumb, even when it was Solar Burn. It's too reliant on burning ammo synthesis, and the rockets are not very good at keeping Skolas staggered......which means he can walk up and crub stomp your group relatively easily. If he teleports or you fail to keep your distance, you are stuck waiting a ridiculous 10 minutes on synth cooldown.

Sniper strategy is far better. Not only can a good group keep Skolas stunlocked, but they can actually push him back. When you run out of sniper ammo you don't have to blow a synth, you can just switch to a machine gun and finish him off. In the event that the group fails all you have to do is make a couple short ammo runs to regain your special ammo.

I think the next time Skolas is Solar Burn, most people will just use good solar snipers (or at the very least combine them with Gjallarhorn rounds).

this is one thing i really appreciate about Destiny. The Crota strategies before Hard mode came out were terribly inefficient. Hiding all the way down in the pit with no vantage points and waiting for Shrek and Fiona to pay us a visit was just boring.

Then HM comes out and suddenly the one we're using makes a lot of sense.

Granted, there isn't much room to explore the possibilities when everything in the arena can one shot you, but it's always interesting to see how the strategies evolve.

Darn, looks like I was late to the raid train. Haven't raided in forever and haven't even tried Crota yet since getting back into this game.

I might be down for some ToO. It would be my first time, though. Any kind souls want to help me out?

Count me in!

I'll join

I would like to join as well, ShikiAoi

rock paper scissors

alternatively, i'll just pick you Atone since I've never played with you and you posted first.

7pm sharp unless i take too long eating dinner, lol. if somebody doesn't show up, i'll post again.

and anyone who wants to run Crota afterwards can join. I'd prefer to run Normal for Black Hammer but i'm sure there are some people who still want the Hard stuff.

rock paper scissors

alternatively, i'll just pick you Atone since I've never played with you and you posted first.

7pm sharp unless i take too long eating dinner, lol. if somebody doesn't show up, i'll post again.

and anyone who wants to run Crota afterwards can join. I'd prefer to run Normal for Black Hammer but i'm sure there are some people who still want the Hard stuff.

I really need a black hammer so would be happy to join for crota if there is room

rock paper scissors

Haha, Atone can have it. I'm down for being first alternate. Haven't run VoG in ages though (not since that flawless run many moons ago).

Edit: If you guys are running Normal Crota and have a spot I'd love to come too. It would be my first time.

border

Does anyone happen to have a Normal Gorgon checkpoint they can share sometime this evening?

I have the Hard checkpoint and would be happy to trade :)

Atone13

rock paper scissors

Alrighty, I'll be on at 7, psn is atone1382. I already cleared crota normal this week, so that's at least one open spot for that run after the VoG.

EL CUCO

I have an LDR with Ambush, Unflinching (the one the vendor sold during TDB) and a Shadow of Veils. Is it really necessary for me to go for broke blowing mats on the "God roll" PvP sniper? Is there any advantage I'd be missing out on if I didn't?

GutZ31

the one where math fell down? or when fig tripped?

i haven't tried flawless since. can't handle the pressure

Flawless aynt that bad as long as everyone has a grasp on their class jump, and not just "meh, it works".

Floaty warlock jumping is a real killer in flawless runs though. Hunter
/titan
all the way.

I have an LDR with Ambush, Unflinching (the one the vendor sold during TDB) and a Shadow of Veils. Is it really necessary for me to go for broke blowing mats on the "God roll" PvP sniper? Is there any advantage I'd be missing out on if I didn't?

the LDR and SoV are better 3v3 snipers than any of the ones you can reroll save the Benevolence, so nah.

macewank

So I just fired up IB with my Titan (level 0), equipped the shader and emblem (don't have the class item for Titan), bought Temperance....

I only got 196 rep for winning. That seems.... really low, doesn't it?

edit: nevermind, apparently the buff only works after you're rank 1. *facepalm*

Top Bottom