• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

Kyne

I feel the same way. I am typically around a 1.3 k/d, and most of the teams I have been on for ToO this week I have been the top player. Obviously we didn't do that great if a 1.3 is the leader. Not having any support has dropped me to a 1.2 in ToO

I'm trying to run IB right now, but I just wanted to comment.

I made it to Mercury the first two weeks pretty easily. This week has been a struggle to say the least.

yeah. I'm not even looking for miracles. I just want the arms.

New page, new post. Trials anyone? Hold your own!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
CHAjUBJUAAEd-ud.jpg
Ha. pity it's such a terrible roll. I'll keep it for a one day update in which armor can be reforged.

This may have been asked before, but I JUST finally got a Gjallarhorn, and my friends want to try to G-Horn the buhjeezus out of Skolas. Is this a viable strat with Void burn? I kind of don't think it will work well, but what do I know? We would all be 34's with maxed Gjallarhorns...

Checking again to see anyone's thoughts on if this would still be viable even on a void burn week...

SkylineRKR

Felwinter eluded me, again. Well I have Matador but still...

Birth of History in my final game for this IB. Sharded my old one and sort of regret that... its fairly uncommon.

This IB was dog shit. LOTS of those shitty ass maps not suited for Control. Can't be coincidence. The top picks must've been Anomaly, Asylum and Burning Shrine.

anyone down to try to finish off Skolas tonight?
I have a void jewel for add control, a maxed void Efrideet with FS/FR, and an ascended CM for more add control.
missed Nami's group, so sux for me. :/
most likely won't be able to start until around 11pm EDT.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
anyone down to try to finish off Skolas tonight?
I have a void jewel for add control, a maxed void Efrideet with FS/FR, and an ascended CM for more add control.
missed Nami's group, so sux for me. :/
most likely won't be able to start until around 11pm EDT.
sigh yeah, i'm in for round 3. 11 sounds good.

X-Frame

Felwinter eluded me, again. Well I have Matador but still...

Birth of History in my final game for this IB. Sharded my old one and sort of regret that... its fairly uncommon.

This IB was dog shit. LOTS of those shitty ass maps not suited for Control. Can't be coincidence. The top picks must've been Anomaly, Asylum and Burning Shrine.

You .. sharded a Space Bus?!

FinKL

Came across an interesting reddit post. Apparently there are some people running ToO on low levels characters to get good chances at the watcher's armor. For 100 glimmer and a bit of patience and luck, they could hit lvl. 31 in a weekend! They just have to swing by the reef very 3 games to renew their ticket (don't even have to pay for a renew, brother Vance does it for free!) And keep going! Might not be ethical, but people trying for a good ticket get a free win and the lower levels have a good chance at hitting lvl. 32 without having to spend a month grinding factions.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of this.

Can you elaborate/link me to the post? I've never done ToO, but it sounds like you just queue up and hope for a random drop at the end of the match since at level 20, you need all 36 pieces of light to hit 32, and these come from Vanguard level 3/75 marks each which new 20's won't have?

Checking again to see anyone's thoughts on if this would still be viable even on a void burn week...

You can burn him with Ghallys (maxed) then finish with void snipers to get to less than 50% at the first servitor.

After that Void snipers all the way. (Yes that includes PR. 6 quick shots for a total of ~34K is worthwhile.)

Deku Tree

Came across an interesting reddit post. Apparently there are some people running ToO on low levels characters to get good chances at the watcher's armor. For 100 glimmer and a bit of patience and luck, they could hit lvl. 31 in a weekend! They just have to swing by the reef very 3 games to renew their ticket (don't even have to pay for a renew, brother Vance does it for free!) And keep going! Might not be ethical, but people trying for a good ticket get a free win and the lower levels have a good chance at hitting lvl. 32 without having to spend a month grinding factions.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of this.

Can you elaborate/link me to the post? I've never done ToO, but it sounds like you just queue up and hope for a random drop at the end of the match since at level 20, you need all 36 pieces of light to hit 32, and these come from Vanguard level 3/75 marks each which new 20's won't have?

Depending on your level if your at least 28 or so you can also do that running Dragon strikes. Level 32 armor also drops in greater frequency from them too. Although it's RNG what piece you'll get.

Also you can grind a faction from zero to rank three in around a week just doing all the bounties every day and some weekly activities. Doesn't take a month and it doesn't take a massive time investment each day either if you know how to do the bounties quickly.

I don't know about a link but yeah I imagine it's just start a match and plan to lose and hope for an armor drop at the end. Do that Over and over and only costs you 100 glimmer every three matches. Seems very booring but possibly an inexpensive way to get some level 32 armor if you don't have any.

Jabronium

So is it a bug that I won a IB match, lost my medallions, and got 0 rep? All my items were equipped. Super bummed, that would've gotten me to rank 5.

I think I never saw the Exile helmet for any class

Doing PoE35 in a few minutes. Need a third. Must have ascended void weapons. Void LDRs, Her Benevolence, Spears are preferred.

Would prefer someone who has already done a PoE 35 run before and is a Titan.

Final destination only I guess

Deku Tree

So is it a bug that I won a IB match, lost my medallions, and got 0 rep? All my items were equipped. Super bummed, that would've gotten me to rank 5.

I don't know about losing your medallions but I have finished several winning and losing IB matches where I get no rep at the end of it. I guess it has to do with lag if your game can't authenticate with Bungie servers or something then you don't get the rewards. Just guessing.

CLBridges

Dang, I haven't run any PoE or ToO this week, just didn't feel like putting forth the effort lol. Maybe after reset this week I'll aim to down PoE 35 again.

Top Bottom